Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Dieth
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

December incoming PLD changes are not useful

PLD already has an AOE cure, sub bluemage and use Healing Breeze.

A new ability to AoE cure every 5 minutes is not going to assist us much other than a hate generator once every 5 minutes if we can pop an AoE Cure IV off.

Banishga... useless, I need an AoE spell that does not wake the monsters. (See sub bluemage, Geist Wall, Sound Blast, Sheep Song, Soporific.....)

Fix Atonement the damage cap on this WS is from the lv75 era. My laughable WS does 1547 damage, my DRK friend single hits for MORE than 1500+ and does WS for 56,000, that closes a 99,999 skill chain. Atonement (even if i took it to R15 and it's +100 enmity) just doesn't compete with that. Atonement used to be akin to a second provoke, now it's just "Oooh look the PLD did his WS how cute!" Make Atonement NOT participate in SC like Sanguine Blade so what we can use it w/o screwing our parties SC/MB setup.

Look at reducing the cool downs on Sentinel/Rampart/Palisade

Look at making it so PLD and RUN can have a higher enmity cap than other players, which slowly edges back down to player cap forcing us to maintain it.

The current update suggested does not sound like anyone put thought into or actually plays the game.
    (11)
    ~ si deus nobiscum quis contra nos ~
    I am a Lazy French Shower

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieth View Post
    The current update suggested does not sound like anyone put thought into or actually plays the game.
    It's not that it sounds that way, it IS that way. They didn't. They don't. And they don't have a clue.
    (2)
    If the delivery box is loaded with 8x gil can we PLEASE get a take all button. It's just an unnecessary step to click 8 times.

Not concerned about SPEED, but BUTTON PRESSES. Confirming. every. single. time. is. excessive. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money. Yes, I want my money.

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    SE,
    Please consider lowering the recast of Reprisal to match (or beat Foil) so that PLD can build self-enmity, similar to how RUN does so. Another idea would be to make Atonement, a self-targeting weaponskill (of any form). Thank you.
    (2)

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Does this mean banish spells will finally get an update to be something other than trash? Because at present, they are horrible for the MP cost and a waste of 3+ seconds not doing anything else.
    Does it mean we'll be seeing the rest of the banish spell line be released finally? No Banish IV, V, or VI. No Banishga III, or Banishja.

I honestly feel bad for Paladins.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    WHM was supposedly going to get Banish IV on the road to 99 (Banish III is only lv65...) but that never happened. Apparently WHM would be too powerful to have a source of damage that would still have been inferior at lv75 at level 99.
    (3)

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I remember leveling WHM on a mule. Cast banish, dealt like 5 dmg, cast stone, 1shot'd the enemy.
    level'd as WHM/SCH once I could dark arts.

Heck, RDM & SCH both have divine skill but zero divine spells. It's really embarasing to know that's actually a thing.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidstorm View Post
    I remember leveling WHM on a mule. Cast banish, dealt like 5 dmg, cast stone, 1shot'd the enemy.
    level'd as WHM/SCH once I could dark arts.

Heck, RDM & SCH both have divine skill but zero divine spells. It's really embarasing to know that's actually a thing.
    I mean in this case, that was a concious decision to allow players to cast those spells they would probably get from a sub with red mage with better than subjob level skill. (Of course you could make the argument that they should just have had those spells natively to begin with but I'm sure it was a concious decision that you would only have those spells with particular subs.)

For WHM, I really have no idea what they were thinking. As noted, it wasn't going to break anything to give them a slightly less crappy light-element damage spell that still pales in comparison to nukes from even the previous tier; but there was certainly no technical reason why we couldn't have it. It's in the game, it even has an MP cost set, and it is cast by many monsters. Yet they wouldn't give it to the job. I can only guess that they figured Cure VI could be used for damage while Banish would be used for its additional effect- but that only works on undead and not on dark based non-undead monsters like demons, and you can't cast the AoE cures on enemies.

Idk... I guess the point is I don't even think SE knows why they do things sometimes lol.
    (1)

Character
    Czephiroth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieth View Post
    PLD already has an AOE cure, sub bluemage and use Healing Breeze.

A new ability to AoE cure every 5 minutes is not going to assist us much other than a hate generator once every 5 minutes if we can pop an AoE Cure IV off.

Banishga... useless, I need an AoE spell that does not wake the monsters. (See sub bluemage, Geist Wall, Sound Blast, Sheep Song, Soporific.....)

Fix Atonement the damage cap on this WS is from the lv75 era. My laughable WS does 1547 damage, my DRK friend single hits for MORE than 1500+ and does WS for 56,000, that closes a 99,999 skill chain. Atonement (even if i took it to R15 and it's +100 enmity) just doesn't compete with that. Atonement used to be akin to a second provoke, now it's just "Oooh look the PLD did his WS how cute!" Make Atonement NOT participate in SC like Sanguine Blade so what we can use it w/o screwing our parties SC/MB setup.

Look at reducing the cool downs on Sentinel/Rampart/Palisade

Look at making it so PLD and RUN can have a higher enmity cap than other players, which slowly edges back down to player cap forcing us to maintain it.

I'd suggest 3 minutes for rampart/sentinel/palisade.

I'd suggest 10-15k before equipment is factored in for atonement.

reprisal's fine as is imo, but an additional self target spell that can be cast over and over would be nice.

perhaps adding strong (and seperate to normal evasion down) to shield bash would be a good idea? and a shorter timer maybe?

also a 3 minute recast on fealty and chivalry would be a nice improvement?

first post I've made in a while, but, pld has been my main since 2003/4, and it needs some major attention.
    (0)

Character
    Topshelf
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    PLD has had a lot of attention and they are doing fine. The fact they get a curaga spell finally was much needed and honestly, that was way overdue. But as they've said before in any discussion regarding PLD in the reply to the PLD manifesto, that they will not enhance PLD to the point the job will be boring or overpowered. They were very clear about this and at one time, were even reluctant in even caving this much in. PLD is by far one of the most useful jobs in the game. Just because PLD doesn't get what you want make it useless. Give it more, the job would be too boring.

SE's forum representative said the following in page 7 of that mainfesto:

We are aware that paladins are having a difficult time when damage dealers push the limits of their abilities in battle and we plan on making adjustments so that it’s easier for paladins to grab the focus of a target. However, since it would quickly become boring and lack any sense of challenge if party members were able to fight without fear of enmity as long as a paladin is present, it will be necessary to take into account the proper enmity balance between every role in party situations. Not only thieves, but magic and songs amongst other things are there to assist in taming enmity, so it would be beneficial to utilize those tools as well.

In regards to increasing the enmity for paladin’s cures, we are currently looking into it.

Since paladin would pretty much be able to do anything if we increase both its defense and attack, we will not be doing this. (A paladin’s weapon skill damage output isn’t low by any means.)
    (2)
    Last edited by Seish; 12-04-2019 at 09:06 AM.

Character
    Topshelf
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    For anyone that wants to review this subject more, visit the following:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...=PLD+manifesto
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast