Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Player
    To be honest, I'd be lucky to spend 200-300k sparks a week. How many sparks are you all converting? I think if the caps say 1m sparks exchanged a week, that would limit a character to 10m from sparks a week. Does anyone here actually spend more sparks then that?
    (0)

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockhart View Post
    To be honest, I'd be lucky to spend 200-300k sparks a week. How many sparks are you all converting? I think if the caps say 1m sparks exchanged a week, that would limit a character to 10m from sparks a week. Does anyone here actually spend more sparks then that?
    last time i did gain exp i made 8m gil. im not really sure how many times i dumped sparks cause i just dumped them whenever i capped accolades. accolades cap faster then sparks, this is in one session. so during a double accolade campaign yes i would pass that cap in one week.

some people claim they make way more then this in once session but idk.
    (0)
    Last edited by svengalis; 06-05-2020 at 04:25 PM.
    it's what you learn after you know it all that counts

Player
    Square always allow anger to fester by not giving all the information. If they told us what the cap was most of us would have no issue, assuming it's 99k per week or something.
    (1)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I would hope the "cap" is placed on the items being bought, not the sparks earned. I use sparks almost exclusively for skill books and chapters, WHEN I use it. The last thing I care to see is a cap on sparks/unno earned when you can just limit the damn buying capabilities at the source.
    (1)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    How about instead of limited the amount of money people can make SE goes after the actual RMT accounts.
    Sparks to gil is the only way a new player really has to make the gil they need to get spells, gear (not offered by sparks dealers) and other misc items.
    Also, as has been stated earlier, the RMT will just move onto some other way to make gil because THAT IS THERE BUSINESS MODEL, and new players with the inability to get gil easily (after farming for a bit) will flock to the cheap gil prices offered by the RMT.

What to stop RMT for gil; Make gil rare/ex, I dare you.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by svengalis View Post
    last time i did gain exp i made 8m gil. im not really sure how many times i dumped sparks cause i just dumped them whenever i capped accolades. accolades cap faster then sparks, this is in one session. so during a double accolade campaign yes i would pass that cap in one week.

some people claim they make way more then this in once session but idk.
    So If SE Makes the cap on sparks 1m sparks per week, the could affect you but not to much. 8m gil sounds like 800k sparks. Which theoretically you could do twice a week if you get on during gain EXP. In any case, if caps around 1m sparks a week, wont affect you to much, although, the RMT doing who knows how many sparks a week, will be heavily effected. In any case, if the caps around 1 million sparks it wont affect the average player to much. As far as hurting new players, during the height of the corona virus, I played like 12 hours a day for a whole week, honestly maybe more, I have great gear and can kill much faster then any new player. There is no way a new player will hit this 1m sparks without large assistance from a veteran even doing both gain EXPs on a EXP campaign. For everyone saying "they will just find another way to do it", while your not wrong, most people would prefer they try to fix the problems as they come instead of just giving up.
    (0)

Player
    All I am really trying to say, is if they limit sparks to what even what the best actual REAL player is, its not going to hurt any of us. It will however hurt the 24/7 bots that are apparently never going to be banned because people have reported them a million times over the last year and they are still there.
    (2)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

I'm slightly surprised it took this long for them to do something like this.

I never used these methods to make gil much, and only started doing it in any sort of regular fashion quite recently (of course that's when they decide to adjust the system!). That's mostly just because I started going for 10,000 job points for Oboro, so it kind of comes with the process.

I do hope they'll find a nice spot to limit things at, so as to not bother actual players much this time around. I myself don't expect to be affected much at all, but time will tell.

At least they didn't just remove, or make the most popular items worth 1-10 gil. :]
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Vysundra
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    It's naive if not down-right ludicrous to even assume there is a possibility of it hurting RMT, and makes me wonder how many supporting it also support FFXIV's horrendous mailbox implementation. All it'll do is hurt new players at most, so nothing changes.

1. Create more characters; hack/buy/create more accounts.
    2. Level them to 99.
    3. ???
    4. Profit.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neogon View Post
    It's naive if not down-right ludicrous to even assume there is a possibility of it hurting RMT, and makes me wonder how many supporting it also support FFXIV's horrendous mailbox implementation. All it'll do is hurt new players at most, so nothing changes.

1. Create more characters; hack/buy/create more accounts.
    2. Level them to 99.
    3. ???
    4. Profit.
    They have to be counteracted somehow, and SE have examined the data.

It is virtually impossible for somebody to have their account hacked if they have the proper security means in place (i.e They use the Securekey).

Rather than speculate, it will be a case of wait and see what happens.
    (0)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast