Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

The importance of job points

Making job points more important without making them substantially easier to obtain is a bad idea that is going to bottleneck endgame. You can't adapt a game for casuals and then require them to farm job points for 100 hours in order to make 1 of their 22 jobs functional.
    (22)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Was someone talking about making job points more important? I'm confused, becuase your post seems like a reply to something but it's a new topic.

I don't think there are any plans to make job points more critical to the functioning of a job than they are currently (which is not very); other than the cap will eventually go up to 30 points per stat. And by that time, capacity points will probably be generating faster.
    (0)

Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    From Matsui in the Freshly picked Vana'diel:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...805#post531805

"Character growth elements using job points
    We’re currently developing character growth elements that will allow you to enhance your job depending on the number of capacity points you spend. To start off, we’ll be adding a system for capacity point bonuses and additional job traits; however, in the future this will be used to learn new spells as well."
    (0)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5cfpeJGwi2KhQjNvCkk5Cg

Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    Making job points more important without making them substantially easier to obtain is a bad idea that is going to bottleneck endgame. You can't adapt a game for casuals and then require them to farm job points for 100 hours in order to make 1 of their 22 jobs functional.
    Not to mention most jobs aren't invited to the content that rewards the most capacity points.
    And if I grind and grind on my PUP, will I FINALLY be invited? I doubt it.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    well damn.... Maybe they'll finally release Banish IV and Banishga III for WHM, after having teased them on the test server years ago...

At any rate, the FPV you quoted above pretty much says they'll be making capacity points easier by the time those things happen.
    (0)

Character
    Jeanna
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    JP are already pretty terrible, I'd almost prefer if they didn't add more somehow. Farming them is a complete nightmare for anyone who plays legit.
    (4)
    ★☆Taru Mule Extraordinnaire!☆★
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Odin/Calipso

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Farming capacity points is one of the most boring things currently available to do in the game, and it's highly inaccessible to "non-optimal" jobs.

As I recall, we were promised with the introduction of capacity points that no major job enhancements or fixes would be made available through the use of JP. SE have already gone back on their word on this several times. I do not want to be forced into earning capacity points so that I can have access to essential job features like spells or traits.

IF capacity points can be earned at a reasonable rate for every single job, and in parallel with the vast majority of other activities, in such a way that actively farming them is completely unnecessary, THEN it might work. However, I am not remotely interested in actively farming capacity points in order to access job balancing and upgrade features. It is soul-destroyingly boring, if you can access it at all.

This concerns me quite a bit.
    (4)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Farming capacity points is one of the most boring things currently available to do in the game,
    You're right! about as boring as leveling up. Funny how nobody seemed to realize this.

I'm all for getting new spells/abilities with the system, but they have to be balanced. Not so crappy that you wouldn't want them, but not something that provides what ends up being critical functionality, unless you get all of that functionality with the first point.

Getting a few job points is no big deal. But needing a crap ton of them before the spell/ability is usable with the current rate of CP gain is. It just takes too long right now, and job inequality in content makes some jobs much harder to get points on than others.
    (2)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I'm a bit of a job points fiend and I don't mind farming them. On MNK, I have 58 job points spent and 154 in the bank ready for use. On WHM I have 2 and on THF I have 3. I soloed most of my MNK job points because a good job points party is rare. I think if I had any desire for any other kind of job points, I'd be sunk.

I should hope that if there are spells and job traits unlockable, then at the least they'd stop this nonsense of having to be on the job to get capacity points for it.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    I'm a bit of a job points fiend and I don't mind farming them. On MNK, I have 58 job points spent and 154 in the bank ready for use. On WHM I have 2 and on THF I have 3. I soloed most of my MNK job points because a good job points party is rare. I think if I had any desire for any other kind of job points, I'd be sunk.

I should hope that if there are spells and job traits unlockable, then at the least they'd stop this nonsense of having to be on the job to get capacity points for it.
    The only reason I mind them being job specific is because of the level of job discrimination in the playerbase. Otherwise, I already would rather earn things for a job on that job. I'd rather earn my PUP gear playing PUP, my GEO gear playing GEO, etc. The problem is many of the jobs I want to play won't be accepted by parties.
    (0)

Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast