Character
    Shinjima
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by TybudX View Post
    'hate mechanics'
    Tybud what happened to your sig man? I loved it.
    (0)
    悪島 Where the spirit of the moon resides... 気 愛 月光

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriha View Post
    Get enough people standing around and lag starts happening. Historically, some have issues with avatars causing FPS chug, especially with Titan doing something like Earthen Ward to everyone it can. When people start lagging, their performance starts slipping, and given FFXI's age and design, getting a better computer isn't exactly a guaranteed solution, nevermind the asanine implication that someone could have to spend hundreds of dollars on a new rig to help keep claim or guarantee the success of your party/alliance I'm sure would be suggested in counter. Plus if it's a location where adds are an issue, you make it more difficult for the main fighting party to tab around quickly. So no, they're not being harmless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Official FFXI Specs
    Minimum System Requirements

Operating System: Windows® XP/Vista/7
    CPU: Intel® Pentium®III 800Mhz or faster processor
    Memory: 128 MB RAM
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA® GeForce™ series with 32 MB or ATI® RADEON™ 9000 series
    Sound Card: DirectX®8.1 compatible sound card
    Hard Drive Space: 9.5 GB free hard disk space
    Other: Keyboard, mouse, DirectX8.1 (included with install disc),
    CD-ROM drive (used only when installing)

*For PlayOnline/FINAL FANTASY XI: Ultimate Collection, Vana'diel Collection(s), Aht Urhgan, and Wings of the Goddess, a DVD-ROM drive is necessary for installation.
    Recommended

Operating System: Windows® XP Professional
    CPU: Intel® Pentium®4 processor
    Memory: 256 MB
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA® GeForce FX™ series or GeForce 6 series
    Sound Card: DirectX®8.1 compatible sound card
    Hard Drive Space: 9.5 GB free hard disk space
    Other: Keyboard, mouse, DirectX8.1 (included with install disc),
    CD-ROM drive (used only when installing)

*For PlayOnline/FINAL FANTASY XI: Ultimate Collection, Vana'diel Collection(s), Aht Urhgan, and Wings of the Goddess, a DVD-ROM drive is necessary for installation.
    People that think a better computer will magically make the game run better should invest that money in a new brain; theirs' is obviously glitched. This game runs on a Dell Dimension 4000 series with stock parts.
    (0)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Yeah, my main point was a mix of the game engine and hardware/driver conflicts is no guarantee graphical lag issues caused by crowded/busy areas would go away.
    (0)

Character
    Kaych
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by rog View Post
    I can. It was back at 75, when i was soloing a charybdis. It deaggroed when i was about 30' away, and it was unclaimed for about half a second before i could get to it and hit it with poison.
    Just imagen if a WAR /war was there to steal it with a instant provoke O.o

Edit: Woah, had no idea this thread was this long XD I will read the whole thing b4 I post something next time ^_-
    (0)
    Last edited by Kaych; 06-01-2011 at 10:24 PM.
    Its sometimes best to agree to disagree ^_-
    -----
    "/sigh factor" is when:
    - You are asked to set your HP when you already have your HP set the place you exit. O.o?
    - You need to repeat a quest a 100 times in order to cap your fame >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Kaych View Post
    Just imagen if a WAR /war was there to steal it with a instant provoke O.o
    War can't sub war silly.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Chocobits View Post
    People that think a better computer will magically make the game run better should invest that money in a new brain; theirs' is obviously glitched. This game runs on a Dell Dimension 4000 series with stock parts.
    it also still runs on a dial-up connection... not well mind you, but it runs
    (0)

yeah i wanna be a jerk about this topic, but i wont be and just say:

i disagree with you
    (1)

Character
    Crocker
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    You continually use the word steal. GMs will rectify situations where NMs are stolen, period. The problem is, we are not talking about stealing.

Ex1:
    Group A is fighting Nidhogg.
    Group B's Paladin casts Cure 1 on Group A's Paladin.
    Group B's Paladin proceeds to 2hr/Sentinel/spam his Enmity up to cap.
    Nidhogg moves out of range of Group A's Paladin, and goes White due to Disengage.
    Group B's Paladin casts Flash and claims Nidhogg because he was on the hate list.

Nidhogg was stolen.

Ex2:
    Group A is fighting Nidhogg.
    Group B waits patiently nearby, but does not act on any member of Group A.
    Group A's Paladin dies with sole claim, there are no other melees hitting Nidhogg and no mage casting on it.
    Nidhogg goes White.
    Group B's Paladin casts Flash then uses Shield Bash before anyone in Group A acts.

Nidhogg was not stolen.
    Example 1 was already fixed /blockaid on.

Example 2 that's the issue tank dies it goes unclaimed when at least the whm has cured the tank putting the whm on the hate list. We know how the system works we want it fixed if your on the hate list at all it should stay red but it doesn't even if you have someone else provoke and flash spamming and tank dies it still unclaims. You shouldn't have to do extra actions that you normally wouldn't do to keep stuff claimed spamming stun flash or whatever and yes its extra stuff since its stuff you wouldn't do if it never went white!

Tank dies and monster stays red what would you do? I know if I was on blm I wouldn't stun and pull hate and get the mages killed. The monster would go to the next person on the hate list hopefully a DD job and mages would reposition themselfs and fight continues.

Only reason anyone would want the claim system to stay as it is would be the jerks stealing monsters, and you couldn't apoc zombie something with a 15-20 min rage timer and to reset the rage timer everyone would have to be dead making it go idle / unclaimed.
    (3)
    Last edited by Crocker; 06-01-2011 at 11:45 PM.

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I noticed an issue with Ranged attack. I have been doing dominion on worms with ranger and sometimes it will not go claimed for a few hits. ONe time it stayed unclaimed the whole fight and I killed it, got exp. A couple of times it went yellow in the middle of a fight. I was solo, I never stopped shooting, or left attack mode.
    (0)

and don't mess with call for help. with all the vultures I see around some of these NMs I fully intend going forward that if we are about to get our mob jacked to call for help just before I die... NO ONE who hasn't done the work will be allowed to profit off of my efforts, period!

not an issue when I solo. I don't take on an NM solo if I don't honestly believe I can take it, after reading up on it and checking my supplies, strength of the job against X, etc. In groups? There are simply more issues. If you need a !! for whatever you are after then you either need a buttload of different damage types to cover the possibilities OR a buttload of luck. You can limit possibilities SLIGHTLY on blue !! with the time of day and on red by fighting on watersday (unless someone finally found a red !! water trigger and I missed it?), but still your group may have to do alot of TP feed to get proc. And before some moron brings up discernment it doesn't proc 100% of the time, you may be having to whack/nuke a mob quite a bit to get your 1st hint, then you need to try the possibles; of course you can get lucky and proc on your 1st WS or cast before you even get a hint.

Unfortunately, all that whacking has the consequence of getting whacked back! And if it's the wrong TP move (like a mass charm) things can turn to a royal cluster____ in a hurry, especially if stun isn't a realistic option. That's one of the reasons low-man has gained in popularity, you can set things up so that hopefully only 1 person at a time is on the whack back list while trying to proc whatever !! you need (yes, I know, there's alot more reasons to low man, I did say "one"). It is a good reason to use bards on the yellow !! front. Even if threnody isn't the trigger you don't have to nuke the mob to get your hints, thus not pissing it off as much.

So, everyone can stand back out of TP range, hopefully healing whoever is taking their turn trying to !! proc and being ready to claim if he gets 1-shot or whatever, but if you aren't getting lucky on your hints it may take quite awhile this way.

Kiting is another issue. Actually had a vulture group running around randomly to obstruct my and the NMs paths, in what I believe was an attempt to make me lose claim due to distance, a real possibility with +movement; luckily, I'm smarter than that, used them as cover and kept slamming Dia and banish on the big fish (think we were going for a zone win for someone iirc). Since then I've used something similar, after the mass charm I use horde to sleep the charmed, then I use them as the cover to keep spamming hate manuvers; they may not like it, but it beats losing a mob we need.

Another thing we've started to deliberately do, alot of the boss NMs have TP moves that affect people outside the fighting group. If we see a group that looks like it's trying to vulture, we bring the NM to them in a variation of MPK. Even if they can Apoc zombie, the reflex is to scatter which can disrupt their chances at jacking the mob.

Unfortunately, SE doen't give alot of options to deal with vultures. That's why CFH-as is-is so important, it's the only way to ruin their jack attempts, but the sucky part is a. no point getting back up to fight it yourself, wasting your popset b. timing it so you don't have to forfeit your mob unless you KNOW you're about to die and noone in your group will get/keep hate (one of the many reasons my thief SATAs stuff onto AFK people), c. getting it off when you are at low HP and running if-like me-you're a lousy typist.
    (0)

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast