Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Darthmaull
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    I would also like to see an increase on duration for Swordplay. From my experiences it works pretty good when active but it is too short and then you are waiting for a while it seems when fighting a hard mob, for it to be ready again.
    (1)

Character
    Volarione
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 91
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthmaull View Post
    I would also like to see an increase on duration for Swordplay. From my experiences it works pretty good when active but it is too short and then you are waiting for a while it seems when fighting a hard mob, for it to be ready again.
    sounds great but I would prefer a reduction of lunge from 3 minutes to 2 minutes, not a huge change but it would help a bit with damage output
    (0)

Character
    Starskyy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthmaull View Post
    Should just make it like many abilities now a days you can full time. RUN is by far the king of squishy tanks when taking physical damage it isn't funny. Should have some kind of defense ability ala fan dance or sentinel to be viable really...
    (2)

Character
    Volarione
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 91
    Quote Originally Posted by HimuraKenshyn View Post
    Should just make it like many abilities now a days you can full time. RUN is by far the king of squishy tanks when taking physical damage it isn't funny. Should have some kind of defense ability ala fan dance or sentinel to be viable really...
    seriously I do great vs magic but when I get hit with a board Im dead
    (0)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    There are a few options already there for run to improve their physical survivability (mostly from SJ+gear+food combos). With rabbit pie, reasonably good gear, emboldened protect, and /blu for the extra 10 defense trait and cocoon for a 50% bonus, run could reach over 1k defense. Or you could sub ninja and gear towards evasion instead. I recommend against /sam because of it screwing with your ability to spam flash and other spells that help keep you alive.

That said, the job does still have a ways to go. These changes will do us a lot of good. Once the dust settles a bit, we'll see how far behind run is from the other jobs, then hopefully make even more adjustments.
    (0)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Great changes and I applaud you SE, But I wish the recast time on Liement Ward could also be adjusted the 10 min time limit is too long. Furthermore it only last for 40 secs or so and it replaces vallation and valiance, can this please be addressed also.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Volarione View Post
    seriously I do great vs magic but when I get hit with a board Im dead
    just a suggestion, try Dux gear, it helps. not alot, but it's a start. maybe our JSE will help when if ever it finally shows up.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Volarione View Post
    sounds great but I would prefer a reduction of lunge from 3 minutes to 2 minutes, not a huge change but it would help a bit with damage output
    I can almost guarantee that group 1 merits will include Lunge recast timer reduction. Though it will be the standard 6 seconds per merit for a 3-min JA, for a min recast of 2:30.
    (1)

Character
    Mlrlohki
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Here's a thought I've had, just for gits and shiggles. What if one of RUN's merit abilities or traits was something akin to SCH's Stormsurge, where each harbored rune would give either an attribute boost or a stat boost, depending on the higher-ups' opinion (say, Ignis would either give x Strength per Rune or x Attack per rune). Toss on 3 Fire runes for a nice attack boost, earth to shore up your defence, and so on. Whether it'd be a trait like Stormsurge or an ability with a reasonable cooldown is up in the air, though I'd prefer the trait idea myself.
    (0)
    Last edited by MiriOhki; 04-19-2013 at 10:08 PM. Reason: clarification

Character
    Zepheron
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

Runefencer Reality

I find it odd that there has not been anything said that invokes the obvious. I have leveled RUN to 99, bought the Dux set, FLume belt, Dark rings, emboldened protect5, Ate a taco, had perpetuance regen 5, phalanx, etc.. Then there comes the rub. IN all of SoA, there are very few mobs that use magic on us. The mojority of status effects put on us are via the mobs tp moves or its job abilities. Real magic tanking happens in final stage fights, Sky, Sea, Abyssea, Voidwatch, Dynamis, NNI, you get the picture.

SO how are we supposed to play a job that we spend millions of gil and hours of time refining a skill that really isnt required in the day to day playing of the job. It's called a paradox. This job was advertised and sold to provide elemental magical defence to self and others in fights. Until Runefencer can mitigate itself from the ja's and tp moves that are common everywhere, especially in SoA, then it will remain nothing more than a paper tiger. A half baked drk with some cool rdm spells and no self sustaining abilities without a subjob and a lot of support.

My observation would be this:

1) Give the job the ability to ride 1 or 2 of it's ja's similar to Sam Seigan/3rd eye to mitigate being overrun by physical attacks.

2) Understand that if you give Run a ja that will dramatically pull hate from the 2 handers in a physical fight,,,,,,,, lol dont make me wait another 10, or 5 minutes to put up a thing that only lasts for 30 seconds. This lends itself to every dd adn mage in the game saying LOL What!

3) Run is a great idea. Sombody just forgot to mention that very few people in ffxi ever and i mean ever setup a group of 6 or God forbid an alliance of 18 to do anythign anymore. Ergo lol What Legion........ ZNM....................ANNM....yes that was an endgame event once it lasted about a month.

I love this game more now a days to play with friends. Making new friends is also nice. Seeing everyone I have played with over a decade leave from boredom and/or frustration with SE listening /slap to complaints and suggestions is growing old.

You want us to play new content and new jobs and continue to spend money on your game please understand that when you brought in abyssea you basically killed HNMLS'. I dont miss them at all. I love cooperative play. You have to bring the game down to smaller party size and pick up groups now that you let the genie out of the bottle with Abyssea and Meebles.

End of Rant.................. Great to play with all my friends and acquaintences over the years.
    (4)
    Last edited by Zepheron; 04-21-2013 at 09:47 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast