Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    You're... you're....

You're playing an MMORPG. You're not solving world hunger. You're not making lives better. You're playing a game. You're wasting time. That is why you came here. You're here to waste time.

Or am I wrong? Did you come here for some other reason besides filling time you have no better use for?
    Somehow I think that you see this game as a viable form of entertainment, not a waste of time. Even if you absolutely hate this game and play it specifically to waste time, that in itself is providing you some form of reward and thus not a waste of time.

Pchan is right. Plasm is about the only thing worth getting any more and farming dynamis is the best way to get it. Not a great design.
    (9)

Uh you can't get Plasm by farming dynamis. All the Airlixirs +2 do is upgrade equipment and weapons, they don't buy you the weapons or equipment. The best way to get the plasm is killing mega boss and NMs in fracture. The expansion was promising at first but it has upset me a little as well. After I saw that R/E/M were trashed, I knew they would change it due to popular opinion but its taking a while. A lot of people are so against delve and they know most of the crap we're getting now will become obsolete. They introduced a new system to a game that was set in its ways with how things worked in terms of gear progression. I just think it will take a little while for things to get better.

I think they also alienated the casual player base of the game too much. The delve Mega boss aren't easy to PUG on most servers due to low population or inexperience etc. There isn't much to low-man in the new expansion and a lot of people who don't have access to a big LS are bored out of their minds (which is understandable.) I think they should work on that before they continue to keep obsoleting gear that came out a month ago.
    (15)

Character
    Sephina
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    I think they also alienated the casual player base of the game too much. The delve Mega boss aren't easy to PUG on most servers due to low population or inexperience etc. There isn't much to low-man in the new expansion and a lot of people who don't have access to a big LS are bored out of their minds (which is understandable.) I think they should work on that before they continue to keep obsoleting gear that came out a month ago.
    I completely agree. Also a lot of the players they've been holding on to since the game came out 11 years ago now have kids. Most of the those players have/want to switch to a more casual play during the summer. Focusing more on making the current gear low-man will allow those players to catch up towards the end of the summer ready in time to start playing more again and not get left behind as much.

Actually, focusing on a roadmap that A (Releases big group type farming of high-end gear) then having a B (Fix to previous to make in low-man) patch to be released even 1-2 weeks before the next update with another A, then repeating the process would be a great strategy with the type of content they wish to give us to work with now.
    (0)

Character
    Medli
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamoa View Post
    SoA has so far left me very confused and unmotivated, simply because I don't know where the game is heading anymore. It feels like nothing's worth doing because of the threat that any accomplishment will be made worthless in an update or two. I always thought I'd be playing FFXI till the servers shut down - now I'm unsure of how much more time I'm willing to invest in this game.
    Rings so very true. As of late, my best friend and I mostly have only been working on Salvage II papers once a day (double drop event made it more enticing to get done), and if there are people we know doing delve runs, we may get invited along, though we do not belong to any large scale LS's. Beyond that, we feel rather aimless and lost in FFXI when it comes to the projects and goals we originally had laid out together.
    (5)
    ara ara

Player
    Even if you farm 6 marrows/2h run with 8(?) characters, that's ~3.75m/char or player/hour. A T1-T6 run is worth ~71k plasm, resulting in 28 airlixir+1s per player. The 100% horn won't degrade below 10m. You get ra/ex drops, a handful of elixirs from the NMs themselves, and you're doing new and exciting content that requires an attentive alliance instead of beating up on a harmless NM from over a year ago. Two runs with a 1h reset in between is going to be as profitable as ADL, with a fixed achievable goal(I really doubt that most groups can farm 6 marrows consistantly with that few.. and there's a bit of luck overhead, you'll inevitably get runs where pen wants to screw you).

I'm not disagreeing with the greater problems, but to pretend ADL is more profitable than delve is a bit shortsighted, and I suspect you're only doing so because you don't have access to a group large enough to farm delve.
    (2)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Pchan's 8 characters are only 2 or 3 ppl though.
    (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

That can't be the truth of the matter, or most of the people commenting on the subject would be hyperbolic doomcriers who just want something to throw a fit about and will latch on to any argument which places blame on SE or denounces any recent change.
    welcome on ffxiforums!
    the truth is that most of the forumers ARE hyperbolic doomcrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarick View Post

People play games (waste time) because it's entertaining. If that factor didn't exist in them then people wouldn't play games. They'd be doing something super productive like solving world hunger for fun. Sadly, the direction seems to be more WORK like then actual entertainment to some players. It's also a big turn off because everything isn't laid out and can be obsoleted in a single update.

It's clearly a TRUE waste of time if you can't have fun while wasting time.

agree but in FFXI what make an event "sucessfull" is not how fun it is, but reward quality.
    let say next VU SE add 2event
    eventA is funiest event in FFXI history but rewards are at best side grades to older gear
    eventB is most boring event but reward item lvl118 that can be aug up to unlimited lvl,
    point rewarded per monster increase after each monster defeated

-most people will stick to event B and complain it's boring
    -people who want to do event A will complain because they dont find enough people to do it, and that they are cant do B because they dont have REM99(afterupdate)D(boss) gear

also why do people care if it's obseleted next VU if they got entertained getting it, and get entertained next VU getting new gear?
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by hiko View Post
    also why do people care if it's obseleted next VU if they got entertained getting it, and get entertained next VU getting new gear?
    Many people find a great deal of entertainment in improving their character, myself included, by believing that the next update will simply make your work pointless you unintentionally take away from the enjoyment because you know in your mind you believe what you just did only improved your character for a few days, or a few weeks at best, then it will mean almost nothing. Finishing something that makes a large impact, like when I finished Excalibur, that made me insanely happy and it was very entertaining to run around killing things with it for the first time. On the other hand if I knew that 2 weeks later the sword would go in my Sack and never be taken out, I would have never done it, and if I had finished it, I would have been happy and entertained but to a much lesser degree because the impact is much smaller, rather than being amazing and the best, it would be close to best, and above average. I would feel like my improvement was minor, and as I am entertained by that improvement, my entertainment is also minor by compare to if it were a large boost I knew would stay with me for a while, and stand out.

That's how I am at least.
    (9)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    You're... you're....

You're playing an MMORPG. You're not solving world hunger. You're not making lives better. You're playing a game. You're wasting time. That is why you came here. You're here to waste time.

Or am I wrong? Did you come here for some other reason besides filling time you have no better use for?
    Thanks for reminding me that the game is in fact, a game? As other people have pointed out, try to take what I'm saying in-context of us already understanding that fact instead of trying to play some kind of real life card.

(Unless you're going to tell me you still do Garrison, EFs, or Khimaira)
    (7)
    Last edited by Kincard; 06-22-2013 at 07:31 PM.

Character
    Kyrai
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Many people find a great deal of entertainment in improving their character, myself included, by believing that the next update will simply make your work pointless you unintentionally take away from the enjoyment because you know in your mind you believe what you just did only improved your character for a few days, or a few weeks at best, then it will mean almost nothing. Finishing something that makes a large impact, like when I finished Excalibur, that made me insanely happy and it was very entertaining to run around killing things with it for the first time. On the other hand if I knew that 2 weeks later the sword would go in my Sack and never be taken out, I would have never done it, and if I had finished it, I would have been happy and entertained but to a much lesser degree because the impact is much smaller, rather than being amazing and the best, it would be close to best, and above average. I would feel like my improvement was minor, and as I am entertained by that improvement, my entertainment is also minor by compare to if it were a large boost I knew would stay with me for a while, and stand out.

That's how I am at least.
    Me too. I was loving the game before Seekers.
    (0)

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast