Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I, sadly, have no choice. I have to stay with 11.

My PC failed the benchmark, and my PS3 hard drive can't hold the whole game (20g HD) and my other games that I've downloaded.
    (2)

I've been tossing this question around in my head for quite awhile now. Honestly while I'm not happy with ALL the changes X|V has made, I'm very happy with most of them, and the game is on the path to a much brighter future. I've been playing XI for 10 years and slowly I've watched the community dwindle down to almost nothing, what most people see today at a consistent 1000+ players online as being "A lot", a few years back I remember that number being 3000-5000 every day. The content isn't being brought out in a reasonable time frame, much was promised to us years ago and continues to be pushed back. And (for me) this expansion was a very big let down.

I love XI very much, I got this game for my 13th Birthday and now I'm 23, I have so many fond and fun memories from here and I'll always appreciate everything that this game was. That being said, It's time to move on for me, my sub expires today (actually any time now) and I'll be eagerly awaiting the release of XIV. If any of you guys are on Hyperion Server hit me up, my character is Overlord Pofo, I'll be the sexy Lalafell with the Stardust Rod<3

Good luck to all of you who stay and I hope XI moves toward a better and brighter future!
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Spectreman View Post
    Fool me once, your fault, fool me twice my fault.

FF14 is a decent game now but still is nothing but another WoW clone. And all WoW clones died to become F2P forgotten games. I just ask for those who get bored and upset about FF14 don't come back to FF11.
    I love it when ppl use this argument. "FFXI is better because it is its own game and not a WoW clone"

Sorry FFXI is an EQ clone and that is well documented and even admitted by se.

Also anyone who spouts babble about arr being a WoW clone has not done a thing other than look at a couple screen captures and saw a hot bar and quest list. This argument is moot.

Anyway back to the subject at hand. Yes I will be leaving XI for good once XIV is released. Even if XIV is a bomb (and I really do not think it will be) XI has fallen into such chaos that its just not fun anymore so why come back? I would just look to other titles or play single player games. But I have faith in YoshiP and crew and since Matsui was part of that team maybe he learned a trick or two, who knows
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Babygyrl View Post
    all depends on how much time We will end up having at the time.. and cost incentives for those who did not get take advantage of it 1.0 because it sucked! lol
    I have no idea what you just said lol
    (0)

Character
    Uberlee
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mostfowl View Post
    But I have faith in YoshiP and crew and since Matsui was part of that team maybe he learned a trick or two, who knows
    He has already posted one of the first things he plans on doing is working to narrow the gap between long time players and newer players, he realizes that it is near impossible to get caught up gear wise in this game, and has plans to make it to where you can get gear that isn't as good as the end game stuff, but good enough to get you into the end game events without it taking you months and alot of people helping. Now all that is left is seeing if the long term community will accept this, or if they will stay in their, if you don't have what we already have then we don't want to have anything to do with you attitude. Right now the producers seem to have a well thought out plan of which direction they are going to try to keep this game alive, as long as they keep up their end, it falls onto the community to keep it alive.
    (1)

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by SqEnisfilledwithgeniuses View Post
    Nope. Seems like pretty good timing. Just be careful of the rage you're about to endure from people closing their eyes and flailing wildly because you brought up a valid point.
    Well, in fairness XI is using item level to differentiate player power levels without raising the level cap (because they already raised it as far as it would go).

Gear Score is not necessarily bad if you remember WHY it was created in the first place. GS came about when vehicles were implemented in WoW and was a way to determine vehicle stat scaling (it wasn't exactly official, either; players datamined info including gear item level and created the addon that gave you a score based on your average ilevel). It was purely created to help raid leaders determine who to put in vehicles during raid events like the Siege of Ulduar. People went and took something that had a quasi-noble purpose and turned it into an e-peen contest like everything else.
    (0)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mostfowl View Post
    I have no idea what you just said lol
    Depends on how much time each person has at the time, if people have enough time I am sure quite a few would play both, but if people are limited, they will choose the one they think better. Also the cost incentives have something to do with it, for instance, the original had a price cut if you played both games, ARR does not have that benefit so far as I know, and for those who did not play the original the game costs more monthly I think as well, which means overall it is costing you more money.
    (0)

You can't really play 2 sub mmos, one will kill the other.

Either everyone will hate XIV and go back to XI/some other game or they will like XIV and it will kill XI.

For me I've decided to not do what SE wants me to do, so I won't be playing XIV and I won't be playing XI much longer either.

I moved to Tera and I'm pretty happy with it, new expansion coming soon so I'm set with that. If they put more effort into XI I would play it casually but they are just killing it off.
    (3)

Character
    Dragomair
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    FFXI. FFXIV isn't even an option for any serious gamer.
    I'll keep playing FFXI, and likely Rift.
    (3)

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    I'd have to say XIV because my friends are moving and from what I've seen, read, watched, etc: this game is worth an honest try. I just need to save up money for a new power supply to get my main pc back up and running.
    (0)

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast