Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Toxophile
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    Oh, you want to compare them to delve weapons instead? I'm not willing to take the other side of that argument. You are correct that a delve weapon is easier to build than an empy weapon.

But making daurdabla (90) requires about the same amount of playtime as making a twashstar (90).

Is everyone just going to ignore the fact that the Voidwalker system doesn't exist solely for Ochain and Daurdabla?

What about the entire Voidwalker system outside of abyssea? What about all the T2s that drop body seals, or the T3s like Tristitia that happen to be the only mob that can drop 3 of a certain +2 item? These NMs are functionally useless for the entire playerbase because it is a gigantic waste of time to try and pop them.

If they refuse to change this system at all solely because of Ochain/Daurdabla, then at least take all the other items that come from Voidwalkers and make them drop from something else. Let the people making their empy stuff dick around with this shitty system while the rest of us can just avoid it completely.
    (3)

Player
    Well, in all honesty I have farmed T3s for +2s because no one does the T2s in those areas, except for +2s from the T3s. Sure those NMs are still a pain, but there are no real exclusive drops of worth, even if there were, the competition on them is very low which makes it much easier. As for seals, I do not think VNMs should drop seals at all, but even if they do, none of the seals from them can only be gotten from them, all seals have 3 different NMs they are tied to. You said you want to avoid it completely, there is nothing of worth from any of them besides the Colorless Souls, or a few random pieces like Serpentes and such which are hardly overcamped.
    (1)

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    These trials are intentionally left difficult due to the fact that it only takes 3 trials to get a functional harp/shield, but it takes 10 trials to get a functional weapon. 11, if you want that weapon to be up to the same stage where it no longer takes abyssea items, but requires VW items. So I can understand the need to leave these trials time-consuming to help match the effort required for other empy weapons.

What I find to be unequal about other trials, however, is the competition aspect.
    I've actually done all the pre trials time popped NM and VNM in a 24 hour period. I could complete just about any empyrean faster then I could harp or ochain because of competition for the VNM and bad upgrade rates.
    (4)
    it's what you learn after you know it all that counts

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by svengalis View Post
    I've actually done all the pre trials time popped NM and VNM in a 24 hour period. I could complete just about any empyrean faster then I could harp or ochain because of competition for the VNM and bad upgrade rates.
    I've gone 9 hours without seeing black triple stars pop, and I had to kill him 3 times. I've gone 7 hours without seeing bugbear strongman, and I had to kill him 4 times. My abyssites tend to tier-up at an abnormally high rate when I'm killing VNMs for empyrean weapons (like tammuz). If you did all the trials in 24 hours, you got super lucky.
    (7)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by svengalis View Post
    Let's take a look at Great Katana Trials for example and being very lucky:

Vuu Puqu the Beguiler 3 hours
    Buburimboo 3 hours
    Zo'Khu Blackcloud 3 hours
    Seww the Squidlimbed 4 hours
    Ankabut 6 hours
    Okyupete 4 hours
    Urd 3 hours and (assumes you can pop and kill each one in 10 minutes)
    Lamprey Lord 3 hours and (assumes you can pop and kill each one in 10 minutes)
    Chesma 4 hours & 20 minutes (assumes you can pop and kill each one in 10 minutes)

By my count: 33 hours and 20 minutes
    Even if you discount kill time on the VNMs: 30 hours.

Either that 24 hours isn't 24 hours straight or I'm missing something...
    (2)
    Last edited by Zagen; 06-08-2013 at 02:33 PM.

Character
    Alerith
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    We understand that the system is difficult but the rewards such as Ochain and Daurdabla are on an equal level. In a previous version update, we did increase the rate at which Abyssite upgrades and there are no further plans to adjust this system.
    "Ochain and Daurdabla are still the only two worthwhile Empyreans not completely made irrelevant by Delve, therefore they will continue to have poorly thought out paths to fulfill their requirements."

Also, while the update increased the change of abyssite, the rate of change is still crap. You went from utterly crappy to extremely crappy.

I mean, let's be honest. You can take an item with a 0.01% drop rate, increase it to 0.03% and still be able to claim "We raised the drop rate!". That doesn't make it any less crap.
    (9)

Geez.

Quit whining--do it if you want it.

Thousands of players have. Dozens of players have both Ochain and Durblahblah, as I'm considering doing. The mountain before me isn't my hesitation, but simply deciding whether I like bard enough to do it or not.

SE said no, quit whining, quit insulting them. Ochain, speaking from experience, is worth every minute of farming. It's even more fun when you can take advantage of 100% blocking to trivialize something. I did my PDT Shik after Ochain. I did this by gathering up all the mobs I needed, phalanxing, beating them down to low health, and waiting.

Bukhis is a complete joke with Ochain as well. You'll block the buff-removal every single time, as long as you're not petrified.
    (2)

Character
    Alerith
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    Quit whining--do it if you want it.
    And for those of us that do have it and still find the system messed up for our peers to have to go through?

Three time spawned VNMs that drop the item, each with a 15 minute respawn, each requiring the third tier of a key item which is nowhere near a reasonable drop, obtained by one of three other specific time spawned VNMs each on their own 15 minute respawn timer whom, again, don't have a reasonable drop rate on the KI, which must also be spawned from a key item gained from a more reasonable pool of VNMs whom also have an exceedingly bad KI drop rate.

How does that sound intelligent at all when you have a server with hundreds of people whom, at any given time, could need something from the VNMs? Let's not forget they put seals on Koios, Gamayun and Chione. And let's also not forget that there are many people who don't care you're on your trials and just want their last BLM seal, willing to run you into the ground for hours of competition until one of you breaks from the constant bullshit.

Ochain is a worthy reward for the items. The system in which the items are obtained, however, is complete shit and it always has been. Getting your Ochadurablabla does not suddenly make the system seem acceptable. It just means you were willing to put up with a higher level of bullshit than most others would. A level of BS they shouldn't have to deal with.
    (9)

FFXI has always been about putting up with bullshit and coming out with something shiny.

Seriously, it's kinda funny to sit and think about how much of this game has been "effort" and how much has been "fun".

It's there, it's free. People just don't want to invest the effort and it just isn't that bad.
    (0)

Character
    Alerith
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    It's there, it's free. People just don't want to invest the effort and it just isn't that bad.
    Yes, Agreed, Strongly disagreed

It's not an issue of effort, nor skill or anything else under the players control. When you have someone willing to sit out in Uleguerand or Grauberg or Altepa for an extended period of time and go 0/30 on abyssite changes, then the player cannot be held at fault as they have no control over RNG or luck.

Spending six hours in Abyssea without an abyssite change and being upset does mean the player has shown a lack of effort or dedication. It means the system is crap and they are suffering for it.
    (11)

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast