Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Magitek Armor

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    That guy obviously hasn't done WotG. If you look back at CoP, it really wasn't that great. It only seemed great at the time compared to the Zilart story line.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    There was no magitek in FFIV.
    I said I believe I didn't play the past FF very often.. just once through.

and as far as the first month free thing goes Ill pass I like ffxi
    (0)

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Umichi View Post
    Magitek stuff is in FFXIV. it's based off the continuation of like IV i believe
    FFIV (With Cecil Harvey and crew) didn't have magiteck, you must be thinking of VI which is okie since you got the roman numeral backwards.
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Magitek, sure.. but it must be a puppetmaster ability to summon them! If everyone could use them, it would be an entirely new game...
    Why PUP? Because PUP is the job closest to magitek machines! Alexander was summoned into the FFXI version of a magitek walker, after all, which is the most advanced automaton around.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Kheper
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 1
    In case there's still any doubt, Daemon, FFXIV is indeed getting Magitek armor mounts for players to ride in 2.0. In addition to what everybody said about it having a setting very similar to FFVI and VII with the Garleans being quite like Gestahl's empire in VI or the Shinra in VII and all the Magitek stuff. But yeah, more like VI. Which is great.

There will also be a train and futuristic dungeons like you want. And lots of fanservice for previous FF games, like bosses identical to bosses from classic games, or regions designed to resemble the worlds of previous games. And Lightning from XIII is supposed to appear at some point. That sounds like a joke, but it isn't. She's actually going to appear in XIV, and gear based on the XIII characters will be obtainable. Yes, SE loves XIII that much.
    (1)

Player
    Well I have a copy of FFXIV reserved but I highly doubt ill even play it much. I mean too much progress on FFXI to leave it sitting. Also too many special friends I care about, like Demon, My LS etc. Plus at the rate these events such as Delve having a limited shelf life like VW. I wouldn't want to return to find that I can't even find enough people to play SoA..

I just think all we keep seeing in FFXI is grand daddies disco era. I mean from a House/Dance music DJ's POV, I'm sure the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, was an interesting Era to live in but my era is not the same.

We already see a lot of advance technology in the game that's both creative and interesting but this is not FFXIV, this is FFXI and as a fan of this game I'm saying it would be nice to see some futuristic things.

If we are able to jump into the past like Dyna, CoP, then time travel should also let us see the future.

Be it that SE implements a new storyline of Jeuno being obliviated into ruins and a new main city build in space with shuttles taking you to the new city than airships. And the objective is to prevent certain events from happening so the city of Jeuno will continue to remain. By jumping into the past and doing quests.

The point is, FF games were fun because these games had no limits in imagination and the story, the details of each job coming together.

That's what final fantasy was about. And those of you hating FFVIII, yeah at first it looked like ken dolls and barbies, but the story of the game was one of the best. Gotta love the witch. And that haunting music rAWR-
    (0)
    Last edited by Daemon; 08-19-2013 at 04:33 PM.

Character
    Makenshiroi
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    i would much rather this game continue to be more original, unlike 14 which is just playing to nostalgia.
    (2)

Character
    Noirin
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I thought Abyssea was the future? granted, it's a parallel universe and all, but still.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by noirin View Post
    I thought Abyssea was the future? granted, it's a parallel universe and all, but still.
    Not really the future, just a parallel world where we failed at the end of 'Chains of Promathia' which caused the world to collapse so far as I understand.
    (1)

Character
    Kinspawn
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 87
    Kinda off topic, but if you haven't played FFXIV 2.0 yet, at least give it a go. Sure it isn't FFXI but it isn't trying to be, what it is is fun. I can't say I have truly had fun in FFXI for a couple of years probably. Sure FFXIV will probably crash and burn long before it reaches its 10 year anniversary because MMO players nowadays are fickle, but for however long it stays around for (or however long I stay around playing it) I know I will have fun.

Isn't that what games are for? To have fun? So I don't really get why so many FFXI players are hating on FFXIV players, because at the end of the day we are all just humans wanting to have fun in our spare time after work. If you find FFXI more fun than FFXIV, then thats great! Keep playing! If you find FFXIV more fun, awesome! Me too! If you find both fun? Even better! Play both! Find neither fun? Fair enough, go find a fun game to play!
    (1)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast