Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    As if the first spell didn't suck enough already, now you add in Cura II.
    Sorrry I'm late to the party, and this might have been covered already (didn't have time to read everyones post)

If you think Cura II sucks, you should stop playing WHM immediately, because clearly you know nothing of your job. It can cure upwards of 250~350 HP if used properly with capped Cure potency gear. If you're getting 100~, you're not using it properly.

Try using it with Afflatus Misery on a mob like Dragua.

Secondly, how is it an "Underpowered Curaga"; it casts a lot faster - and uses only 1/3 of the MP. (Cura II can easily compete with Curaga III)

You call yourself a seasoned WHM.... lol

Let's hope we get Cura III - really get the party started.

Just because you don't know how to (don't care to?) use Cura, don't poop on those of us that use it with a lot of our encounters.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dazusu; 03-24-2011 at 06:59 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    in fact Af3+2 body has a 2 tick refresh, which is only useful for idling and barspells
    You people need to start realizing with the right gear, AF3+2 body is hands down the best curing body piece. You can get 49% cure potency without a body piece.

As a note, you can also get 50% by using the serpentes hands/feet, but augur gloves+some other mind feet piece is better than serpentes
    (0)

Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nacht View Post
    You people need to start realizing with the right gear, AF3+2 body is hands down the best curing body piece. You can get 49% cure potency without a body piece.
    Don't waste your time trying to explain this to people. :P
    (0)

Character
    Kaych
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Bottom line is that we all have different ways of playing. Saying that something is "useless" or "worthless" or w/e isnt rly up to you to decide^_- Saying that you dont like it I can settle with
    (0)
    Its sometimes best to agree to disagree ^_-
    -----
    "/sigh factor" is when:
    - You are asked to set your HP when you already have your HP set the place you exit. O.o?
    - You need to repeat a quest a 100 times in order to cap your fame >_>

I don't know the answer as to why WHMs don't have a natural refresh, but my guess is that it has something to do with keeping the jobs "unique". Some jobs do have access to the same party buffs/job traits through different means (abilities, spells) but off the top of my head I don't think you're going to find one party buff or job trait that every job in the game has access to, naturally.

And while I don't think i'd be unhappy about WHMs getting a natural refresh, i'd must rather see some other "natural" bonuses being added.

I think everyone can agree that inside of Abyssea, you don't need refresh anymore. Outside of Abyssea, I like the idea of having to make decisions on what subjob to use, what other jobs to invite to the party, what gear to have available, to win the battle. Having that challenge where you have to think about how you're going to approach the fight, knowing you have several options available on how to customize your character, makes it a little more fun. If you were to give WHM a natural refresh, the battle would be a bit more "easy mode".

But as it's been said, SE has been making changes to make the game easier so who knows. Perhaps they'll give a natural refresh at some point.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zerayla; 03-25-2011 at 12:20 AM. Reason: reworded first paragraph to be a little more clear.

RDM 90 • WHM 90 •DRG 90 • PLD 90 • SAM 90 • BLM 90
    Server: Quetzalcoatl • Linkshell: SpiritOfTheWolf

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    But it isn't natural part of a brd's job to cast spells. They do though have a regen like songs, so technically they can cure people just in a dot fashion than instant like a cure or cura can. Pld on the other hand have spells job traits and abilities that help them do their job sans provoke and shadows. They can use flash, cure them selves, use cover on someone else ect. Giving whm some sort of natural refresh would help the job over all a little better. I'm not saying it has to be a spell even. And pending on how good it was you wouldn't need to be /sch or /rdm all the time in or out of abyssea. To the point of seeing whms using /nin or /thf or some other combo more often.
    (0)

Character
    Fetus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 57
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazusu View Post
    Sorrry I'm late to the party, and this might have been covered already (didn't have time to read everyones post)

If you think Cura II sucks, you should stop playing WHM immediately, because clearly you know nothing of your job. It can cure upwards of 250~350 HP if used properly with capped Cure potency gear. If you're getting 100~, you're not using it properly.

Try using it with Afflatus Misery on a mob like Dragua.

Secondly, how is it an "Underpowered Curaga"; it casts a lot faster - and uses only 1/3 of the MP. (Cura II can easily compete with Curaga III)

You call yourself a seasoned WHM.... lol

Let's hope we get Cura III - really get the party started.

Just because you don't know how to (don't care to?) use Cura, don't poop on those of us that use it with a lot of our encounters.
    Finally! A devout Cura lover. I agree with you... I want Cura III so much.
    (0)

Character
    Aleste
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I don't see the need for WHM to get the job trait auto-refresh; hell, I can barely recall the last time I've ran out of mp. Inside and out of abyssea we've plenty of methods to deal with our mp supply, most of which have been covered (previous posters).

We've more than enough methods to help recover mp passively (refresh and HMP gearsets), reduce consumption (conserve mp, AF3+2 pantaloons) and recover mp aggressively (Dagan, Mystic boon, Spirit taker and the other 2 lol-light WS's). We've even got devotion to help other people with their MP pools (I usually tag-team devotion with the other whitemage I'm assigned with) and that's before covering subjobs or other teammates abilities to help us out.

So in summation, if you're running out of MP in any fight then something is seriously wrong.

If you're inside of abyssea, get your 3 atma slots, and go hunt out minikin/ASA/stormbird/anyrefreshatmas. Minikin ALONE should be more than enough to keep your alliance standing. Add on 2 more 5/tic refresh atma's if you're really struggling.

Outside of abyssea, you should be using a little common sense as there's no 20/tic ref. crutch to hold you up. You've got to plan ahead, know what you're going to do.... and be prepared. Bring your max mp set, a respectable HMP build, refresh gear, and your supplies...

I start most fights around ~1,500 MP on Elv. (/sch), and it's pretty hard to burn through all that MP w/ a little common sense. If for some god forsaken reason I get low, then it's a case of 1 of 3 things:

Are we fighting it wrong? Do the tactics need changed?
    Do I have time to rest and recover MP via Clear Mind V paired with a strong HMP set?
    Shall I take an 'ace' from up my sleeve? Vile elixers are pretty cheap these days. Hell if things are bleak.. bust out the regain feather, though remember to change to club first (for booooooon~)

Honestly though, we've more than enough methods to keep up our MP, and the AF3+2 pants are quite possibly the best thing that has happened to WHM in a long time. The amount of efficiency gained just from a single piece of gear is astounding, and is well worth slaying Sobek or Tristitia over and over.

If SE does decide that we're MP challenged then they should definitely add in more gear like the AF3 pantaloons (Converts X% of "Cure" amount to MP). The guy that made that gear deserves some sort of internet high-five...

Though, back on topic if you really think a single 1/tic refresh job trait will make and break white-mage, then perhaps you should collect all the below gear, then have a re-think about how you play whitemage in general.

~-~-~

Refresh gear (all 1/tic) : Owleyes, Augmented Wivre Hairpin, Moonshade Earring, Orison Bliaud (+2/tic), Serpentes Cuffs/Sabots (set, depending on day), Balrahn's Ring (Assaults permitting), Poison Tasters Cape (if you're feeling fancy) and an augmented Stearc Subligar.

That's 9/tic, just in gear alone. Some of it might be considered a little fanciful, but it's worthwhile to idle in.

HMP gear : Rsv. Capt. Mace, Legion Scutum, Clarus Stone, Mirror Tiara, Eidolon Pendant, Relaxing Earring, Antivenom Earring, Oracle's Robe, Oracle's Gloves, Dual Star Rings, Vita Cape, Austerity Belt, Nisse Slacks, Avocat Pigaches

+50 HMP gear there, add in WHMs clear mind V trait for +77...80...83... Arguably, the hardest part is finding the time to get down and rest MP back.

Max MP Gear : Gambeteinn, Legion Scutum, Hedgehog Bomb, Pixie Earring, Orison Locket, Gifted Earring, Graiai Earring, Pluviale, Weald Gages (RSE), Bifrost Ring, Serket Ring, Ebuillient Cape, Bellisama's Rope, Adapa's Slacks, Conduit Shoes.

+873 MP; worthwhile for starting any fight in. Just remember to toggle out of it and into other gear appropriately. No point in wasting all that stored MP by accidently switching into your curing gear.

~-~-~

And to think, didn't even touch on the amazing bonuses subjobs give (w/ Light arts, conserve mp traits, penury (<3) and sublimation... it's crazy)

I'd love to comment on frontline WHM and how they have MP difficulties, but[sarcasm] I can't seem to recover more than 1,400 MP every 100% tp. [/sarcasm] With a K-club, it'd be even more crazy as is.

~-~-~

TL;DR - We've plenty of ways to reduce comsumption and recover our MP pool. Auto-refresh isn't needed in the slightest, but I won't say no to an extra tic of refresh.
    (2)
    Last edited by Aleste; 03-25-2011 at 02:35 AM. Reason: ~Typos

Player
    I just decided that Aleste is pretty much the bestest. BOOOOOOOON!
    (0)
    Rya's Killage Factory: http://www.happyhappyd.com/

Character
    Fiyaro
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    LOL Aleste makes a point. Problem solved.
    (1)
    Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself, you would cry your eyes out if you didn't.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast