Thread: Aegis > RUN

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Aegis > RUN

Lets face it RUN cannot tank, and more importantly run is NOT being allowed to tank. Aegis Pld is better than run is almost every capacity. Aegis for Pld have a -45% mdt reduction against ALL elements not to mention a high block rate for physical attacks. Run tanks cannot hold NM mobs because enhancing magic is weak and take too long to cast. Moreover the rehashing of low tier spells from other jobs, lack of original magic lead run into what other see as a joke job.

I know the job is not finished but the Aegis shield alone beat the entire run job class as it refers to tanking, its disappointing to see this but it is the truth. Ninja is far better than run, pup with alternator out tanks run. The 2hr is not really useful, nullifying magic really have no value, because right after that one physical attack and I'm dead. The 2hr ability must be changed to absorb magical attacks for 30 seconds, that would be a good 2hr especially do to the rarity of mobs killing you with magic. Run was terribly rushed and honestly I do not know what they can do to fix it, anything short of giving run job traits or piece of equipment like aegis the job will never be able to tank or magic tank.
    (17)
    Last edited by Cljader1; 05-28-2013 at 02:53 AM.

Character
    Volarione
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 91
    Give us fast cast to reapply shields would help.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Cljader1 View Post
    Lets face it RUN cannot tank, and more importantly run is NOT being allowed to tank. Aegis Pld is better than run is almost every capacity. Aegis for Pld have a -45% mdt reduction against ALL elements not to mention a high block rate for physical attacks. Run tanks cannot hold NM mobs because enhancing magic is weak and take too long to cast. Moreover the rehashing of low tier spells from other jobs, lack of original magic lead run into what other see as a joke job.

I know the job is not finished but the Aegis shield alone beat the entire run job class as it refers to tanking, its disappointing to see this but it is the truth. Ninja is far better than run, pup with alternator out tanks run. The 2hr is not really useful, nullifying magic really have no value, because right after that one physical attack and I'm dead. The 2hr ability must be changed to absorb magical attacks for 30 seconds, that would be a good 2hr especially do to the rarity of mobs killing you with magic. Run was terribly rushed and honestly I do not know what they can do to fix it, anything short of giving run job traits or piece of equipment like aegis the job will never be able to tank or magic tank.
    Speak for yourself, I'm quite happy with RUN's ability to tank.
    (1)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Speak for yourself, I'm quite happy with RUN's ability to tank.
    If your happy with run tanking, you must not be familiar with aegis pld tanking.
    (16)

Right now, RUN can happily tank level 99 content (Arch-ultima/omega etc). That's not bad considering we have no merits/AF/relic/empy gear, nor do we have a 'special weapon/grip/ammo' since we can't use shields.

Once we get merits/af/empy/relic gear, RUN should be able to tank adoulin content (if SE don't change their minds and give merits etc for DDing instead of tanking). But we shall see.

Tanking on RUN requires more thought than tanking on PLD, sure, but that doesn't mean that the job is bad.
    (2)

Character
    Nyheen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    oh boy. here we go with the "aegis" pld vs rune thing again. are you seriously going to compare a 100 mil relic shield etc vs a job without there ultimate weapon yet? dont remember pld tanking magic well back then till that ultimate shield came out. anyways so far the job works very well in the magic def. useful protecting your whole pt members with magic or magic TP. while testing it out on Orthrus etc was eating Acheron Flame for like 90+ dmg or so spamming Valiance/magic shield for members, dmg 200-300. without would be 1400+ or so.

this job came out not to long ago and iam starting to see how strong/useful it can be. in time once it gets all the buffs then let compare the jobs on a fair level.
    (1)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Once we get merits/af/empy/relic gear, RUN should be able to tank adoulin content (if SE don't change their minds and give merits etc for DDing instead of tanking). But we shall see.
    Unless they solve the issue of dealing with multi element casting mobs and our paper bag defense, aegis pld will always be a better option.

Quote Originally Posted by nyheen View Post
    oh boy. here we go with the "aegis" pld vs rune thing again. are you seriously going to compare a 100 mil relic shield etc vs a job without there ultimate weapon yet? dont remember pld tanking magic well back then till that ultimate shield came out. anyways so far the job works very well in the magic def. useful protecting your whole pt members with magic or magic TP. while testing it out on Orthrus etc was eating Acheron Flame for like 90+ dmg or so spamming Valiance/magic shield for members, dmg 200-300. without would be 1400+ or so.

this job came out not to long ago and iam starting to see how strong/useful it can be. in time once it gets all the buffs then let compare the jobs on a fair level.
    Run has it ultimate weapon/gear its called "Delve" and it take more that a 100 mil gil to max out those pieces. Comparing Aegis to the run job its completely fair, Our wards and runes are a complete joke compared to the aegis shield. Furthermore SE have plans to even enhance the aegis shield, as with all relics. One for all and valiance is the only abilities we offer that helps protect the whole pt. Run is a support dd at best and SE needs to do something. Redo SP ability and for the love of god, fix liement ward it is aweful.
    (5)

My Allegiance? I'm usually on whatever side Zordon is on
    Character
    Alpheus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cljader1 View Post
    Furthermore SE have plans to even enhance the aegis shield, as with all relics.
    I'm pretty sure they said Instruments and Shields would be exempt from the forthcoming revamp of super weapons. I do agree with you though RUN's paper bag physical defense is appalling.
    (14)

Ummm... RUN's 'paper bag physical defense'?

My RUN has -47% PDT (-34% if I'm using Bereaver). Use the right food and you can have well over 700 def BEFORE cocoon or defender.

The only reason people see RUN as having 'paper bag physical defense' is because they're gearing to DD.
    (3)

Player
    Well, may as well throw in some two-cents here.

RUN is terrible, it's an absolute joke, but to be fair pup/dnc/blu all started out as complete garbage also.

It's kind of like giving a 2005 ninja ragnarok, yeah all the "special" people would do it, but we all know that putting a Heavy weapon on a Light job is just /fail. Facepalm city.

Now, RUN has some good aspects, it's on a nice track to be useful in 2016, we're beta testing it, a concept that has become ever more apparent as of late. But for right now, its pathetic, and if you bring it/use it at anything that it should've been useful for it pales in comparison.

Let's take a single casting element mob, maybe Glavoid, everyone is afraid of Glavoid and it's instant death Disgorges, RUN could potentially be the best job possible for killing Glavoid. It only uses earth, you have EPIC LEVEL earth resistance and magic mitigation.

Now, by contrast, let's take Botolus Rex. You have -ZERO- chance of stopping magic damage from an enemy that isn't limited to one element. (as someone did mention) (and yes, you have fool's drinks, let's pretend these don't exist just for a moment, please, ok?) Rex is going to DEVASTATE you, as will "most" enemies in the game. Only a select few are limited to using one element. Making RUN "essentially" immune to ONE element and leaving it exposed to the other SEVEN, is a rather sizable logic flaw.

Now, let's say for example that RUN only had 2 Runes, light and dark, in which each covered the FOUR elements associated with it, you could legitimately have a viable reason to use RUN.

It's still not the best answer, but 4/8 is much more reasonable than 1/8... when Aegis covers 9/8 (non-elemental magic damage ((meteor))).
    (14)

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast