Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Severe pet enmity issues post-update... Please fix today.

Pets can no longer generate significant enmity.

A Shock Squall from a newly summoned Ramuh in the midst of a solo battle isn't enough to distract the enemy from that Dia II I cast a while ago. For comparison, in a 15-minute battle against an NM, a new Ramuh's Shock Squall used to be able to take hate off me immediately. Now, in a 2-minute battle, my SMN has generated so much hate with Dia II that Ramuh can't take it off me with just Shock Squall.

A Predator Claws can't hold the Pinetorum's attention: it remembers the deep emotional scars my Dia II inflicted after a while, and runs to me.

While Shock Squall + Chaotic Strike or Thunderstorm seems to be sufficient for a Pinetorum, I wonder what things will be like if I go try to fight something that takes a long time. It seems like I can't count on avatars to hold hate. I'm sure other pet jobs are having this issue too.

So far I've only fought the Alluring Orobon NM and a Pinetorum as SMN post-update, and while it wasn't difficult, it was more troublesome than it should've been. However, I have a feeling that if I go fight something like Teekesselchen or Hedjedjet solo, things may not be so pretty.

Perhaps my fear is overblown, but this is the job I use for soloing. With decked-out summoning skill and years of experience, my BST isn't worth touching. Even so, people who depend on that job may be in trouble judging by pet enmity issues with SMN.

I'd rather just have my enemy's main concern be my avatar, rather than me.

More specific example:
    Ifrit assaults unclaimed Pinetorium.
    Ifrit uses Meteor Strike for 1922 damage.
    Ifrit uses Infernal Howl. (Accidentally didn't use before claiming)
    Edyth casts Dia II for 0 damage.
    Ifrit attacks Pinetorium for approximately 55 blunt damage + 45 fire damage per hit for about 40 seconds.
    Pinetorium starts running to me 45 seconds into the battle.
    Ifrit uses Meteor Strike again for 2208 damage, and only then does he secure hate for the duration of the battle.
    WHAT DID I EVER DO TO YOU? You have a demon throwing meteors at you for quadruple-digit damage, and all I did was cast one spell for 0 damage and give some barely noticeable orders to the demon.

EDIT: Developer response:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...689#post421689

"Blood Pacts, Retreat, and Release do not generate enmity, and as such were not included in the list [of enmity adjustments for the next version update]."

EDIT: Developer 2nd response:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...049#post422049

Camate comes bring hope and very good news, but the developers are timid because they feel there are situations where an avatar taking hate will dismantle our party battle strategies. If you don't feel that is the case, let them know.

EDIT AGAIN, MAY 2nd: NOT FIXED. A Velkk Marauder went ape**** on me for casting Dia II, Stoneskin, and Blink. I'll be transparent. I did recast Dia II when it wore. However, Ramuh's thousands of damage and several stuns could not distract him from my 4 white magic spells which supposedly had their enmity values halved. If that white magic enmity reduction is working, then avatar enmity appears to have gotten even WORSE.
    (57)
    Last edited by Edyth; 05-03-2013 at 08:42 AM.

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    No, your fear is not overblown. The new enmity revision is totally whacked, and it goes the same to beastmaster, any mages and summoner as well. They did not bother to test all these adjustment, they were not even tested in the test server, which exist and pretty much somewhat abandoned now. I would suggest to just avoid SoA for now till 2-3 more updates. Unless your idea of fun is running around in the jungle finding the next root to whack lol, 4-5 location, one hour respawn. The game goes from fun to insanely craptacular in one update lol.
    (11)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    No, your fear is not overblown. The new enmity revision is totally whacked, and it goes the same to beastmaster, any mages and summoner as well. They did not bother to test all these adjustment, they were not even tested in the test server, which exist and pretty much somewhat abandoned now.
    On topic.
    I would suggest to just avoid SoA for now till 2-3 more updates. Unless your idea of fun is running around in the jungle finding the next root to whack lol, 4-5 location, one hour respawn. The game goes from fun to insanely craptacular in one update lol.
    Not on topic. These problems do not only effect SoA, so avoiding SoA will do nothing.
    (6)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I just posted in the "Enmity imbalance" thread, but I'll reiterate here since it's even more on topic. On BST in a Coalition Reive I can send my pet in to land a hit or two, then use Heel so I can get in on the action. The mob then proceeds to attack me based SOLELY on my use of Heel. Pet hate has always been a bit squirrely, but never like this.
    (6)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    No, your fear is not overblown. The new enmity revision is totally whacked, and it goes the same to beastmaster, any mages and summoner as well. They did not bother to test all these adjustment, they were not even tested in the test server, which exist and pretty much somewhat abandoned now. I would suggest to just avoid SoA for now till 2-3 more updates. Unless your idea of fun is running around in the jungle finding the next root to whack lol, 4-5 location, one hour respawn. The game goes from fun to insanely craptacular in one update lol.
    Or maybe you guys are just starting to experience PUP hate problems? >_> PUP and Automatons have had weird, wonky hate relationships for as long as I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    I just posted in the "Enmity imbalance" thread, but I'll reiterate here since it's even more on topic. On BST in a Coalition Reive I can send my pet in to land a hit or two, then use Heel so I can get in on the action. The mob then proceeds to attack me based SOLELY on my use of Heel. Pet hate has always been a bit squirrely, but never like this.
    Has been like this for PUP for a while. I could literally have my automaton whacking at a mob for 50% life with Strobe activated and still pull hate with just a few rounds of auto attack.

EDIT:

Not saying nothing changed, but I will put it out there that maybe they changed enmity for SMN and BST to work more like the shared fashion PUP enmity seems to work. (Which would mean BSTs would need to use Snarl more and SMNs... well... not sure...)

Either way, I wish they'd give more detail on exactly how they change things -- and to not make people's lives harder without a heads up.
    (1)
    Last edited by Horadrim; 04-02-2013 at 02:55 AM.
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Character
    Sasaraixx
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I would really like to hear something from one of the reps. This and healing enmity are issues that seriously affect game play and I would like to know whether a solution is being given the high priority it deserves.
    (8)

Character
    Lyltia
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    In absolutely every post made by the devs/reps concerning this, they have taken great pains to state that this enmity adjustment is the first of several. They've also stated that they are keeping a close eye on the situation. The expansion isn't even live a week and they have several things on their radar at the moment, and everyone thinks their particular problem is the Most Important Problem. Go check out any of the Rieve reward threads if you'd like this point illustrated.

If, however, you'd like to be part of the solution instead of the peanut gallery, I would highly suggest posting a detailed explanation of the situations in which you feel enmity is not being generated correctly in the proper thread (Hint: General Discussion = Not proper thread). Then again, the reps are asking for the same reports concerning Reive rewards, and the current ratio of posted reports to aimless, bitchy posts is somewhere in the 1 : 10^4 range, so...
    (3)
    Lyltia: RDM SCH BLM WHM NIN SMN BLU PLD THF DRK
    Aegis 95 Kannagi 90 Almace 90 Hvergelmir 90

Valkyri: BRD WHM COR THF RDM BLM SCH
    Daurdabla 99 Gjallarhorn 99 Armageddon 90 Twashtar 90

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
    In absolutely every post made by the devs/reps concerning this, they have taken great pains to state that this enmity adjustment is the first of several.
    Yes, and yet the very first one was enough to break the game for a few different jobs, it seems like they should have at very least tested this rather than just throwing it in and screwing it up.
    (7)

Character
    Sasaraixx
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
    In absolutely every post made by the devs/reps concerning this, they have taken great pains to state that this enmity adjustment is the first of several. They've also stated that they are keeping a close eye on the situation. The expansion isn't even live a week and they have several things on their radar at the moment, and everyone thinks their particular problem is the Most Important Problem. Go check out any of the Rieve reward threads if you'd like this point illustrated.

If, however, you'd like to be part of the solution instead of the peanut gallery, I would highly suggest posting a detailed explanation of the situations in which you feel enmity is not being generated correctly in the proper thread (Hint: General Discussion = Not proper thread). Then again, the reps are asking for the same reports concerning Reive rewards, and the current ratio of posted reports to aimless, bitchy posts is somewhere in the 1 : 10^4 range, so...

First of all, the devs haven't made any posts about *this* issue. I'm not talking about enmity adjustments in general. I'm talking about two specific problems that others across the forums have pointed out. And yes, I do happen to think that multiple jobs not being able to perform fairly basic and central aspects of their job is a problem of the highest degree. Perhaps if you had actually read the multiple posts addressing this issue on the English and Japanese forums, as I have, you would not have felt the need to make a post that added absolutely no value whatsoever and showed how ignorant you are on the matter.

I am just as aware as you of all the dev team has on their plate. I did not ask for a detailed explanation of how the problem is going to be remedied, but just confirmation that the team is aware things are not working as intended. The response today regarding Rieve is an example.

The only aimless, bitchy post I've read today is yours, so ...
    (9)

Character
    Thundarian
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I would like to note that beyond all sorts of fun pet issues I'm having as summoner, I have yet to encounter a mob in the game that I can't pull off of anyone with an accession'd regen 2, which before the aggro change, I have NEVER pulled off someone with.
    (5)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast