Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    In the same amount of T3 jeuno/zilart and T4 sandy/bastok/windy vwnm fights, I have seen one friend get 4 different bodies, another got 3 ace's mail on 2 characters, neither can equip it. Me, I got nothing. It really is very very discouraging.
    (0)

Character
    Elanabelle
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Hello! Community Developer Rep? Do you see a consistent trend here in the last dozen or so comments?

Care to respond? Would be appreciated.
    (0)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakamo View Post
    What kills me is we're meant to spend cruor on these cells that supposedly increases the drop rate of items
    The conquest point price for cells needs to be severely reduced. 2000 CP per cell is ridiculous.
    (0)
    Last edited by Atomic_Skull; 10-19-2011 at 06:33 PM.

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Elanabelle View Post
    Hello! Community Developer Rep? Do you see a consistent trend here in the last dozen or so comments?

Care to respond? Would be appreciated.
    He already responded.

What really should be done, is to analyze the actual droprate on items and their distribution.
    If the same very rare(1%) EX item always drops to the same person consistently on x runs, there might be a problem with said distribution, but we'd need hard numbers for a considerable number of fights, not the eyeball numbers and teasetalk that's going on right now. (/p Oh look, another (enter rare item) I don't need. )
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Alderin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    As much as I agree how nice it would be to be able to give your friends the 15x body pieces you have got in the chest when your friend hasn't seen one - I agree with SE's decision to be quite honest.

Lets add up how much loot gets dropped in voidwatch per fight shall we? Capped lights drop (5? or 6?) items (lets go with 5). Multiply that by 18 people is about 90 things. Although these "things" might just be synth mats - you might get lucky with a body or 2 here and there, to a lucky person - however Voidwatch rewards far exceed any other event in the game in this respect - due to the sheer quantity of items that drop.

Just cap your lights - and keep on grinding. Gear isn't meant to be given to you on a silver platter in this game.
    (1)

I didn't forget about you guys! I’ve been discussing all of your concerns and comments with the team regarding the Voidwatch drop system, and it has taken some time to reach a final conclusion.

It was decided that there will not be any fundamental changes to the drop system to make it possible to add item drops to the treasure pool, as the team does not believe this is not where the main crux of the problem lies.

However! The development team will be making adjustments in the future to reduce the overall length of each battle. In addition, when they add more chapters to the Voidwatch system, and introduce even stronger monsters, the drop rates for these tougher challenges will be increased beyond what is currently in place.
    (4)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

<.>.......
    (4)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Translation: "We're not going to fix the single largest problem with this system, but we're going to make it harder to kill them with pickup groups."

Sorry Camate, the Dev team is wrong about this. Being unable to move individual items to the alliance loot pool is the single largest issue with this system. If you changed it to that, the system would be fine even with its atrocious drop rates.

Kill speed is limited by proc speed. If it takes you 15 minutes to proc out and cap lights regardless of the opponent, then shortening the battle just reduces the time you have to focus on damage and makes the fight harder.
    (29)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    It was decided that there will not be any fundamental changes to the drop system to make it possible to add item drops to the treasure pool, as the team does not believe this is not where the main crux of the problem lies.
    No it's not where the problem lies, but it is the simplest fix.
    (3)

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    I didn't forget about you guys! I’ve been discussing all of your concerns and comments with the team regarding the Voidwatch drop system, and it has taken some time to reach a final conclusion.

However! The development team will be making adjustments in the future to reduce the overall length of each battle. In addition, when they add more chapters to the Voidwatch system, and introduce even stronger monsters, the drop rates for these tougher challenges will be increased beyond what is currently in place.
    [SIZE="6"]. . .[/SIZE]

SO...The Development Team insists that we keep getting crap drops, which even cannot be ADDED TO SPOILS...but they're going to make the fights shorter, thus, reducing the amount of time to proc enemy weaknesses, which leaves very little time for DDs to deal damage, resulting in make the fights THAT MUCH HARDER!? Oh, and we have to wait for the predictable "expansion of this content to raise the drop rates/lower NM respawn times so that they don't lose players!" Not to mention, players getting the same drop they have had before, while other players have yet to see their own good drops, will inhibit group progress even further to artificially increase the game's time sink!

That's it. I'm done. I'm done making suggestions and feedback. I've lost faith in the development team when it comes to making ANY reasonable changes. This is truly outrageous. I guess I'll spend my last time as a test server applicant to test out what I should use for my upcoming Almace for my RDM and BLU, and expand upon my Torcleaver sets.

Camate, I humbly respect your efforts in playing the messenger. I just think whatever Square is thinking is just flat-out wrong. How is it that "add to spoils" could not make things for Voidwatch any better? Whatever the answer is, we probably won't ever know, now that the conclusion is final.
    (17)
    Last edited by Quetzacoatl; 10-20-2011 at 04:52 AM.

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast