Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Bot Bay/Bibiki Bay - Something needs to be done.

When I load up/install this game, I agree to terms and conditions that I will not use third party software etc - To play fair, and the idea is, that everybody does the same, so we all have a level playing field.

There are currently groups of Botting players/RMT stuck together in groups within every...single...group of Lotus monsters right now in the new area (In fact, I think some of them have been here since day 1). This is simply not acceptable and detrimental to my gameplay experience to which I pay a monthly subscription for.

It has gone beyond filling out report forms, as there are simply far too many to report. I would be there for hours on end. People need to be on the ground, removing players on the spot, like they did in the old days - the current system in my opinion, does not work, and cheating players are far exceeding any kind of punishments.

Sometimes justice is served (by the monsters).

(4)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 12-06-2022 at 12:32 AM.

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Ubizah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Botbiki Bay or Bibotti Bay

Come on, that was a layup.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    When I go to the bay, I am just about the only party not botting. It's not like I can even ignore them when players are botting every corner of the zone they can. The Devs and GMs are doing nothing about the issue and likely won't. The community needs to keep these people honest.
    Otherwise, the attitude of the community has quite literally become "botting is normal now."

The Devs did more about players farming Alexandrite by repeating floors in the Adoulin era Salvage bans than the rampant botting of everything across the game.
    (3)

Character
    Ubizah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Just want to bump this one so the whole main page stays posts about botting. dealwithit.lol
    (0)

Character
    Zenion
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    #AsuraProblems

Also, just sayin', there's a lot more bots since master levels started asking for 25 million exemplar points at about 1500 per mob in ideal conditions. Instead of going around banning everybody who uses a bot, which is going to be everyone who in any sense values their time, maybe those resources would be better used making master levels not a complete dumpster fire.

Just off the top of my head: first time you zone or log in each day, you get a rare/ex non-sendable mastery seal: use for 60 minutes of +500% exemplar point gain. Boom, now people actively playing get six hours worth of grind done in one hour, and they are damn well going to play like they mean it if the window is that limited. Bots become painfully inefficient - doubly so if, say, base exemplar gets cut in half (and the seal doubled to +1000%), or gains start to scale down based on time spent in zone. They'll still exist, but they will be much less prevalent, particularly if some of the more noticeable offenders do get pruned; nobody would want to risk a character for peanuts after that.
    (3)

Character
    Cherrywine
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    This isn't just an Asura problem. It is a "content" problem, by which, I mean, that MLing is soulless grinding. It could be argued that MLs are perfectly designed for bots. A human would have to be stupid or devoid of any other option to do it manually beyond, like, 30 or so. 35+ is ridiculous.
    That isn't to say it would have to be bot-proof to encourage those with a heartbeat to ML, but the process does need more liveliness to it. I'm not a game designer, so I can't stand on some pedestal and say it should be this way or that. But, using FF14 as an example, since it is getting all of XI's money anyway, wouldn't it be slightly more interesting if ML zones randomly had spaces light up on the ground and if everyone moved to them, they got a bonus? Even that would get old pretty quickly... Or if NM-like, specially colored mobs, would sometimes appear that give a bonus? The point is, MLing isn't engaging for more than short periods of time. The bottleneck is too narrow and the pit too deep. I honestly like Zenion's idea, a lot.
    Toons with names like Aljhdfglsjhgfsjdh, sure, ban them. But, as much as the ML system frustrates me and I don't like a world filled with more bots than adventurers, I also don't want to see any sort of a massive ban wave that might pick up genuine players that have resorted to botting simply because SE has done nothing to discourage it in a long time; instead, actually encouraging it with mindless grinds. Please, SE, make engaging content. Make fun content. Interesting, flavorful content. Innovate for pity's sake. I truly believe that botting will organically fall away if you make content that players actually want to play. Yes, we love Vana'diel. But we're adventurers. We login for excitement, not to watch paint dry or grass to grow.
    I apologize for the rambling nature of this post. Thank you for your time (and also add a Sortie Earring exchange system!).
    (1)
    Last edited by Cherrywine; 12-08-2022 at 07:50 AM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrywine View Post
    A human would have to be stupid or devoid of any other option to do it manually beyond, like, 30 or so. 35+ is ridiculous.
    At the same time though, what is the rush? This is FFXI all over, it has always been the same, it is what it is and there are many other games that people can play if they don't like that.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenion View Post
    #AsuraProblems
    Fenrir Problems

(1)

Character
    Cherrywine
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    It isn't that it is necessary to rush MLs. They are ridiculous, which feeds into all of the botting. FFXI hasn't always been this way, and MLs are a step backwards. Sure, people could go elsewhere, but that's not the purpose of these threads. I think you are missing the point.

I'm on Fenrir. Bots aren't an Asura only problem.
    (1)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrywine View Post
    It isn't that it is necessary to rush MLs. They are ridiculous, which feeds into all of the botting. FFXI hasn't always been this way, and MLs are a step backwards. Sure, people could go elsewhere, but that's not the purpose of these threads. I think you are missing the point.

I'm on Fenrir. Bots aren't an Asura only problem.
    Botting is a community problem and has become something openly done and spoken about by the average player. Due to a lack of enforcement and the ease of obtaining bot programs. Just typing FFXI into GitHub comes up with plenty of them, and that is way too accessible with little to no repercussion. So players have adopted the attitude that everyone does it and it is out of control.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast