Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Evoker's Ring upgrade, Quests included. BONUS ITEMS!

Hello fellow Summoners.

We all know and love our dear Evoker's Ring. Its a main-stay in our heart and ring slots. Though, With the advent of increased level caps, I feel like the ring needs a tad of upgrading!

I'm not talking about a massive overhaul, But i've given a little thought into the process by which we could upgrade these. It would be something like the follows.

Now, With the term "upgrading" i do of course mean you lose Evoker's Ring, and in return get a new improved ring in its spot. So without further ado, i give you my ideas for upgrading these marvelous rings.

--------------------------------------------
    Stage 1: Summoner's Ring

How to obtain
    *Quest: "Carbuncle Prime"
    *Linking Summoner's ring to carbuncle prime only seems logical. You receive Evoker's ring for defeating all 6 Prime Avatars, What better way to upgrade it then defeating all 6 Prime Avatars in a bigger badder form? I see none.
    *When you complete the quest "Carbuncle prime you
    spoiler below
    Are given the option to return the power, or keep it. To a Summoner a Third option would be "Inbue your Evoker's ring with the power"
    Spoiler's over
    Once the option is chosen. You character tosses the ring into Fenrir's spring, the "Summoning circle" (shown in Fenrir Prime) will appear, and the ring will then rise above it, and the power of the Six Prime elemental avatars will be infused in your ring.

Your brand new ring would look something like this!
    http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/l.../Summoners.jpg

----------------------------------------------------
    Stage2: Caller's Ring
    This ring should be worthy of its name, and quite difficult to obtain. I'm not very creative when it comes to Quest details, But...
    *Quest: "Celestial Power"
    Talk to (someone?) In (Abyssea Zone - Heroes) to begin. Once activated you will receive a "Avatar power Gauge". With this you must defeat each Teir II and Teir III VNM in each of the 3 Heroes zones. This includes Titan, Diabolos, Garuda, Shiva, Leviathan, and Ifrit. (no love for Ramuh?). Then you must defeat the Avatars that Exist within the first 6 Abyssea zones.

Once Completed, You then will be given an orb with the combined power of all these Avatars, of which you will use to fight the Abyssean version of Fenrir. Oh yes, Fenrir is back, and ready to rape. This time in style. There would be a maw added in West Saruta that takes you to Full Moon Fountain (A). (Abyssea buffs? IDK)

Fenrir Prime
    *Fenrir Prime in this fight has-
    -HP:85,000
    Special Attacks:
    Eclipse Gnash - 5 Hit attack, Upgraded version of Eclipse Bite
    Scarlet Fang - 1 Hit attack, Inflicts Strong Paralysis and slow (upgraded Crescent Fang)
    Lunar Bay - Same as Avatars
    Ecliptic Howl - Greatly increases his stats.
    Howling Moon - Strong Darkness Damage
    Spells:
    Demi - Reduces Targets health by 50%
    Demiga - Reduces Targets in area of effects health by 50%
    Debuff-ga's
    Death (Rarely used).
    Unique Characteristics
    At 20% HP, Fenrir will speak

"Slumbering gods, Lend me your strength..."

Shortly after all 6 Elemental Avatars will come forth. Each one will perform their buff (listed bellow) and fight along side Fenrir (They're same strength as Prime Avatars in Abyssea Scars/Visions). buffs are:

Garuda - Hastega
    Titan - Earthern Armor
    Ifrit - Crimson Roar
    Leviathan - Spring Water
    Shiva - Ice Spikes
    Ramuh - Rolling Thunder

Once defeated, you will receive "Whisper of the Crimson Moon". Return this to the NPC for your reward.

"Caller's Ring" - (Chose Option "Evoke the Crimson Wolf with your Summoner's Ring")
    http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/l...le/Callers.jpg

Edit: Other Examepls
    I've given some consideration to this, And i thought... Each player plays Summoner in a different manner. I wan't Callers ring to directly impact avatars, So instead of 1 absolute buff, The Final step could have something like this-

Caller's Ring
    MP+50 Summoning Magic Skill+20
    *One of
    Avatar: Enhances Blood Pact Rage Damage (+10%)
    Avatar: Enhances Blood Pact Ward Potency (+10%) (I.E Haste is+15%, +10% would be +1.5% more haste, So on. With Earthern Armor, Absorbs 10% more damage.. etc)
    Enhances "Avatar's Favor" Effect, "Blood Boon" +10

-----------------------------------
    Now, The final fight is new, so it has to have new rewards worthy of an Abyssean fiend. The unique aspect of these weapons is that they're all Jobs. They are as follows

"Eclipse Kunai"
    (Katana) (A Purple/Black Twilight Knife Model)
    DMG:41 Delay:195 DEX+8
    Critical hit Rate +6%
    Additional Effect: Darkness Damage
    lv.88 All Jobs

"Wolf's Club"
    (Club) (Purple/Black Asklepios)
    DMG:43 Delay:295 INT+5 MND+5
    Accuracy +15
    Occ. Attacks 2-3 times
    Lv.88 All Jobs

"Crimson Eye"
    (Ammo) ("Unseelie Eye" looking gem)
    INT+3
    Magic Accuracy +3
    Magic Attack Bonus +3
    Lv.88 All jobs

"Crescent Moon Shotel"
    (Sword)
    DMG:61 Delay:260 STR+6 DEX+6
    Attack+6 Critical hit Rate +6%
    Lv.88 All Jobs

Anyway, The weapons/crap were just fluff added in the end, The real meaning of this topic is the way to upgrade Evoker's ring to fit the new cap, and the new incoming cap (91-95). Its an amazing ring as is, So the upgrade isn't really "Needed", Just figured It'd be a nice thing to have.

Anyway, Thanks for sticking with it to the end~
    (21)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 01-05-2012 at 12:18 PM.

Character
    Covenant
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    I don't know about your evoked ring suggestion, but I like your battle/quest suggestions.
    (0)

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    Should make the SMN magic skill +20 instead of +15.

Just saying.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Korpg View Post
    Should make the SMN magic skill +20 instead of +15.

Just saying.
    I didn't want to make it toooo powerful. But yah, +20 Would be nice in my eyes as well. I'd leave the stats up to the Dev team really, Just wanted to show some examples

I also think the Color of the ring should change to match the design of the relic/Empyrean armor when it upgrades to each individually. But thats just me :X
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    And should do something worthwhile instead of blood boon.
    I would like to see another smn ring. I would also like to never see that creepy elf with the lisp ever again.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    And should do something worthwhile instead of blood boon.
    I had thought of a bunch of things, Magic Attack Bonus, Critical hit Damage, Etc.

But then i also thought about if SE would realistically add a ring with MP+50 Smn. magic Skill+20 Avatar Perp-2 and Avatar: "Magic Attack Bonus" (+8). or "Avatar: Critical Attack Bonus" (+5%)

It could happen. But in the end i defaulted to Blood Boon simply because it was the first thing that came to mind, and i looked at Caller's Earring.

Blood Boon has its places, Its actually quite a nice job trait... Works well with AF3 Set bonus too. Is it the ideal buff? no. again I'd leave the stats to them

Summoner's all have different playstyles, so i just picked pictures to show basic upgrade paths, and the Callers ring was suppose to symbolize that they could add more bonuses to it!
    (0)

Hey this is really great, I like this. I hope the Dev really checks this out.
    (3)

Hail to the king baby, Sig by Kingfury

Just give us a ring saying

"grants avatar your subjob"

Would feel good to see all SMN/BLM nukers or SMN/WAR meleers.
    (0)

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamasala View Post
    Just give us a ring saying

"grants avatar your subjob"

Would feel good to see all SMN/BLM nukers or SMN/WAR meleers.
    Wouldn't hurt nor help either.

Maybe give avatars food effect might be nice. Crimson Jelly would really help out a lot, uses MP+ for the SMN, INT+ for the avatar.
    (0)

Please don't give S-E that Idea for an Abyssean Fenrir Prime. Knowing those developers, you might as well be asking for Absolute Virtue and Pandemonium Warden combined.

Integrating the Waking the Beast quest is a sound idea, though, for the Summoner's Ring. For the Caller's Ring, I'd just stick with the Abyssean VNMs and a straight-up fight with an upgraded Fenrir minus the avatar interference.
    (0)
    Hayward: Cerberus-San d'Oria

5/5 +1: Cirque [4/5], Tantra [4/5], Ferine [4/5], Estoqueur's [1/5], Sylvan, Navarch's [1/5], Savant's, Orison [1/5], Charis [2/5]

5/5 +2: Creed, Caller's, Unkai, Iga, Raider's, Lancer's, Mavi, Ravager's, Goetia, Bale, Aoidos'

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast