Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    It a modern day mmo fight (defiance get 900 people killing a boss) , yea it takes time, but when the entire player base and server understands it will not be going that hard. Need some cow bells and 40 summoners. Heck 3 pallys and 3 whm and then 60 cors, and 60 smn and 60 bst and 200 people that understand the game hehe. You can still toss a pebble if got your skill up for 3 damage on any job.
    (0)
    A Mind that has been stretched will Never Return to its original Dimension....
    (author unknown)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by hiko View Post
    stop blaming SE because playerbase is stupid!
    I blame you!
    (7)

Player
    We fight at low rates because Reives are boring, slow, and to easy with any meaningful amount of people to be of any fun. They made its DT so high we have to do Reives to make the fights doable. We did not make the boring content, and we also did not make the high DT, this is our fault?
    (7)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    These glitches are everywhere. Last time I was camping Onvi, there was a 90min delay in the pop.
    GM repsonse was a blanket messege stating, "not my problem."
    (0)

Character
    Mahoro
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    We fight at low rates because Reives are boring, slow, and to easy with any meaningful amount of people to be of any fun. They made its DT so high we have to do Reives to make the fights doable. We did not make the boring content, and we also did not make the high DT, this is our fault?
    These are actually not the reasons why Yumcax in particular is fought at low rates, because otherwise Marjami wouldn't be at 100%. People fight Yumcax at low rates because they view Yorcia Weald as difficult to Reive in. Whether accurate or inaccurate, Yorcia is viewed as an inaccessible zone to the general populace.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    I do hate to say it... but yah, It kinda is... You don't eat Raw Chicken because it takes too long to cook, and if you did, you couldn't blame the chicken packaging company for your death. (not only cause you're dead but cause you're stupid for eating it in the first place without proper preparation )

These things are intentionally designed to be c*ckblocks if Colonization isn't Above 50% or so, as they have massive DT... If people actively try to just zerg-rush it with Colonization rates at 11-20%, Its their own fault, not the designers. These fights were meant to be tediously difficulty without proper Preparation. This preparation being the advancement of colonization.

This is entirely The playerbases fault for trying to skip the entirety of Colonization to get straight to the goodies. These fights are designed a certain way, and we as a playerbase know how they're designed. Skipping 60% of Colonization because they're too lazy/its too boring. then crying foul when they can't win the reives... I'm literally, yes literally, angry that i share the same breathing air with the type of people who have this logical thought process as It makes me ashamed to be human...

These Wildskeepers have the proper warning labels, and with preparation, are easy to defeat. I think the only thing I'd say warrants adjusting is idiots being able to MPK everyone on a dime. IDK, If you're not engaged and a certain distance from the boss, I think Enemies should no longer aggro you. That way only idiots could MPK themselves...

(P.S any hint of personal attacks are completely unintentional)
    (5)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Playerbase did not invent coalition rieves, with twenty people trying to hit a lump of wood faster than each other so they can get a few extra bayld ticks before it ends. Fact is that SE made infinitely better battlefields in WOTG, years ago, which the playerbase largely applauded, but the battlefields in SOA totally suck conceptually which is why the playerbase is complaining. If you add the whole-day NM battles to obtain junk only in the random spool drop system, you are looking at a badly thought-out expansion.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    These things are intentionally designed to be c*ckblocks if Colonization isn't Above 50% or so, as they have massive DT... If people actively try to just zerg-rush it with Colonization rates at 11-20%, Its their own fault, not the designers.
    This is partly what I mean, you said it right here. They intentionally designed it to be a cock-block, but then its not their fault that we do it this way. If you make a boring event for the sake of forcing people to do it, that's not the players fault. Chicken needs to be cooked properly, yes, but the company in charge of that has no say in the matter, its not something they can really help, where as this is completely implemented on purpose by SE.
    (2)

Well, The thing is, The event was entertaining at first, but as with everything that has no element of randomness, it'll become boring through time, So At least these new zones have different mobs...? So the inevitability of the event becoming boring or being boring Is in itself not a valid defense for being outraged that the NM you're trying to kill is hard solely based on the fact You're ignoring everything that will make it easy.

I think I should edit/finangle that particular sentence cause it pretty much sums up the point I'm trying to make... You can't be upset the Content you're trying to beat is hard solely based on the fact You're ignoring everything that the devs specifically implemented to make it easy.

Think that works... Regardless, Hopefully you see what I mean. While yes i can definitely agree to some extent designing content to be hard until you funnel down the correct path is rather lazy, But isn't that pretty much the entirety of most RPGs? Some just have a better way of making the funneling seem fun, and not like funneling at all, FFXI is losing that capability because no one wants to funnel through boring content knowing their carrot on a stick is going to spoil in less than a Month's time.

I mean, while i can't particularly remember any good comparison off the top of my head, I know for a fact theres many times in games where some enemies would be super hard until you weaken them, or knew their tricks. in this case, we know the tricks, and if you ignore them or avoid them when its so easy to do (even if a tad boring or tedious) its entirely ones own fault for ignoring the means to easy victory.

I won't say the system is without flaws, I just don't feel complaining that a fight takes too long because you've completely and purposefully ignored every tool at your disposal to make the fight shorter is legitimate by any means. :x
    (1)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 07-23-2013 at 03:02 PM.

Player
    I understand your point, though some of what you say is a bit incorrect I think. Like for instance your comparison with weakening a monster until we know their tricks. Well, Delve captures that idea, and we use those tricks every fight, some of them are a near must. But at the same time, I have to say, these WK Reives are not the same way, it sounds like Yumcax is similar in the fact he has some kind of regen which can be broken by wind damage, but otherwise, not so much.

I understand your point overall that the players are ignoring it and it is our fault for such a thing, but I do not think we should have all blame in this matter. If Reives themselves were more enjoyable, rewarding, or just generally not such a big time taker which requires so many people, I think we would be ok, but none of those are the case sadly. So while we can take some blame, I think SE is partly to blame as well.
    (3)

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast