Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kavik
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

New Zone - The exchange

As I troll through the hundreds of bazaars in lower jueno and port jueno and on the AH website, where i have to do /sea all, to see if they're online and send tells and hope they speak my language, I am reminded of a free to play game called rappelz. There existed in this game a 'shop zone' specifically designed for what we consider bazaaring. Your character, sitting all night/day, trying to sell something. Puts everyone trying to sell something in the same place.

New zone proposal, like the mog garden, can be reached from the mog house. You can go to the "Exchange" where all characters can go to buy things that are un-auctionable, and where players can put themselves for the sole reason of selling their wares. Then you don't have to hunt for people all over the world. I can be a leafallia sized area or something, doesn't have to be fancy.
    (8)
    FFXI forever! 99 PLD THF DRG DNC WHM SCH BRD BLM BLU BST
    Burtgang Excalibur Aegis Ochain

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Alternatively SE could give us a search feature for bazaars where players can search all bazaars in the world through a simple search feature on a chalkboard or whatever. I wouldn't involve prices because you may as well go the AH route and there's good reason not to do either one with prices attached because it invites active(a non AFK person who adjust prices on the go to combat undercutting which in turn creates price wars) undercutting, so just a search feature that can inform you of where the items are located in who's bazaar and where they are at would suffice. Just whatever so you're not running around for a hour. If FFXIAH can do it to an extent, I'm sure FFXI can do it... just might require a performance sacrifice somewhere.
    (2)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Alternatively, they can stop dicking around with "bazaar only" items, and let us put everything up on the auction house. There's no reason for the limitations unless they use a specific server to run the AH, and they are afraid too many items available would crash it. If that's the case though, maybe add another server? Or tweak the way it searches... not sure of the answer, but it's asinine to me that we can sell something directly to another player but can't list on the AH.
    (3)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    There could be the Auction house as it is, and a new server for the currently non-AHible things; Black Market

The Black Market would only be accessible via Tenshodo HQ, norg, and maybe the mummers place in SoA.

New Market, New server, separate from the AH & its Server.

if there ever was such a service I think it would also be good to have it as a cross realm service. I mean why not make it so that we can sell these items across servers. I'm sure there is an argument about RMT in there somewhere. . . but honestly ... ... no one cares. We (the players) what the items we want, and I don't see a problem if it is not available on our server (or there is not enough available) that we couldn't use an AH like market and buy it from a different server that has one posted. :-3
    (0)
    Last edited by Rubicant82; 08-14-2014 at 12:26 AM.

Character
    Radames
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 16
    RUNESCAPE!!!!
    (1)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    ....Or add a marketplace with *gasp* retainers.

If you haven't played FF14, that is what they have there instead of an Auction House. There's pros and cons to it, but the functionality is actually a lot more like a searchable bazaar system with NPCs you can hire to essentially afk all day for you. The main difference between the market and auction house is that the prices are fixed, and you can put stacks up in any quantity you want– also similar to how bazaars work.

But like the auction house, you don't have to manually examine every character, you can search by category. An anonymizer type feature is that it shows the retainers name as the seller, not the player's character. This might also help alleviate more storage issues.

I could see the level of effort of implementing this in XI being pretty high, and the server stress by introducing a marketplace in addition to the auction house being a legit concern, but it would be nice.
    (0)

Character
    Kigensuro
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    my vote would be for a zone that is a big box ware people can stand and bazaar there goods

but i would make it ware when thay leave the zone thay go back the the original zone thay came from

make the zone have no taxes and make all other zones have high taxes this will get rid of all the standing bazaars in normal zones
    (0)

Character
    Atohi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    At this point I think making non-vendible items available for sale on the AH is best; remember we still have a heavy burden that follows us where ever we may go; its name is PS2.
    (1)

Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    If people used their seacom when they AFK bazaar it would easier to find them, I`m not sure why nobody does this. If you want your items to sell at least let potential buyers know your position in a zone
    (2)

Character
    Radames
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 16
    Quote Originally Posted by Calatilla View Post
    If people used their seacom when they AFK bazaar it would easier to find them, I`m not sure why nobody does this. If you want your items to sell at least let potential buyers know your position in a zone
    Or the player could just....you know.... Use /check and it'll automatically lock onto the person if they are within 50 yards. If not, just look around. If you want to buy something, look for the person. If it's in a town, that's like 30 seconds of running and /check'ing every so often until you find them.
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast