PDA

View Full Version : Can't log character in

Vivivivi
06-15-2013, 05:13 AM
Character name: Vivivivi
World: quetzalcoatl
Platform: Windows 7 PC

I disconnected while zoning, upon trying to log back in I keep receiving an error code: FFXI-3001 No response from the Final Fantasy XI Server. Request Timed out. Press OK to shut down.

Also I noticed on the character selection screen where it normally displays the zone your character is in, mine says "unknown". Please help :(

Akisu
06-15-2013, 05:18 AM
I too am having this same issue, off and on for days now, I've tried reconnecting on two seperate machines, with two seperate internet connections, so unless two pc's have identical problems as well as two individual ISPs, you've got a problem with your login servers. Again . . .

Error: POL-0011 (i think?) Network busy, no connection, blah blah... When it finally does let me through character creation, I sit at "Downloading data..." with a black screen forever until it gives up and kicks me back out with a POL-3001 and sometimes a POL-3100.

Nerathun
06-15-2013, 05:29 AM
The very same, it's though to get through POL then Loby time out when I tried to lunch FFXI.

Saleh
06-15-2013, 05:34 AM
Same issue on
Char - Zokr
Windows 7

Warping from Bastok Mines to Upper Jenuo Downloading data then times out about 30 sec or so
Logged out, rebooted, still happens

Can get on mules in cities and wife on same server is playing

ETA on fix?

Vivivivi
06-15-2013, 05:37 AM
Thanks all for responding at least I know it seems to be a global issue and not just related to my character.

Akisu
06-15-2013, 05:39 AM
Tried to get in contact with POL through the tech support chat. Keep losing connection and timing out while trying to access it. I'd bet their servers are borked up for some reason.... again.

Nerathun
06-15-2013, 05:43 AM
My guess, people trying to get access to FFXIV phase 3 put to much stress on SE line and with domino effect, we pay the price... lol

Saleh
06-15-2013, 05:44 AM
Funny, worthless GM told me to contact the technical support center :/

Vivivivi
06-15-2013, 06:00 AM
After sitting in queue for about 30 minutes for live chat support, I got a "no agents are available" message. :/ Hopefully we get an official acknowledgment of the issue one way or another.

Akisu
06-15-2013, 06:05 AM
Atleast you can make it to chat. I keep getting "The text you entered is too long." with only the text "Can't connect, POL-0011, POL-3100, POL-3001." entered after thinking my full description was too long. Then when I hit resubmit, my browser informs me the page is unavailable.

Nerathun
06-15-2013, 06:15 AM
Friends were able to log and zone in, the further I got was the "downloading data" right after the char selection ;(

*edit*
Trying to log back for more than hour now and still no result and more annoyingly, no news / apology from SE...
Well I give up for now, I'll try maybe later :(

GL to you guys

Saleh
06-15-2013, 06:26 AM
Auction search isn't working as well. I'm sitting on mule waiting for AH search to be fix then I would guess we can log in

Nitestalker
06-15-2013, 07:12 AM
Character name: Nitestalker
World: Odin
Platform: Windows 7(64Bit) PC

Was farming in Mount Zhayolm and I was disconnected. I have 2 mules Nitereaper and Niteprince. Was able to log into Niteprince, but not the Main Nitestalker or my Mule Nitereaper. Anyone know what is going on?

anjitwo
06-15-2013, 07:15 AM
give up SE has your money they dont give a fuck about you till its time to pay again

Vivivivi
06-15-2013, 07:21 AM
I'm able to login with alt. character, other people on our server are having the same issue. Can login with alt characters (some not all), but not main characters.

Vivivivi
06-15-2013, 07:31 AM
GM acknowledged the issue, says they are looking into the cause.

Habil
06-15-2013, 07:44 AM
Having same problems, not being able to log onto main character in Western Adoulin, but I am able to log on to mule(s) in the starter cities

zenithan
06-15-2013, 07:52 AM
I can't log into my main either. Tried to go to Jueno and now sitting at area "unknown" and now I'm not able to use that character at all. If I manage to get to the character select screen without network issues every attempt to log in as my main sits at a black screen until it finally times out.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I sat on hold for over 20 minutes trying to get technical support and no one ever picked up.

Truehoax
06-15-2013, 08:00 AM
I waited on hold for 150 min. with phone support. (I love speaker phone)
The man took a bit of info from me and told me it would be helpful to post on this thread to speed things along.
Desktop or laptop, wired or wireless, OS, ISP, zone your character is in that you can't log into.

For me, desktop, wired, win 7 64x, verizon, port jeuno. I can log into my mule in bastok and use it like normal but my main which is in port jeuno I cant even log into because the data screen just loads till it errors.

Devs please post a known issue...

Nitestalker
06-15-2013, 08:06 AM
I just got done calling the GM. the reply I got was " Hello and thank you for your GM call. We have received reports of players not able to log into specific characters and is being investigated. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience. Should you have additional concerns in future, Please visit the Final Fantasy XI section of our support site." So, we play the waiting game

Vashkoda
06-15-2013, 08:43 AM
The man took a bit of info from me and told me it would be helpful to post on this thread to speed things along.
Desktop or laptop, wired or wireless, OS, ISP, zone your character is in that you can't log into.

Laptop, Windows 7, FiOS, Oldtown Movapolis. Wasn't even zoning, and the location will still show up as Oldtown in the character screen, but I can't get past the black loading screen for the last 4 hours. Since I (miraculously) wasn't in a SoA area I actually tried loading my char on my old PS2 and was blocked at the same point. Although all parts of the loading process, from the POL login to the FFXI login to the lobby login occasionally stall and need to be redone. To me this points to server congestion, but I don't get why some people are being blocked and others have no problem.

All I can say is they better fix this before Sunday, because I was waiting until the last minute to buy bonanza marbles to spare my poor limited inventory space. :(

Aegon
06-15-2013, 08:54 AM
Character name: Aegon/Ultima
Server: Bismarck
Platform: Windows 7 Desktop
Connection: Hardwired
ISP: AT&T Uverse DSL

i got warp back to jeuno and d/c shortly after now i can log either of my character on. either i cant get into Pol or i make it all the way to the black screen saying downloading data but still get a Pol error code saying timed out connection. i was standing in Ru'Lude Gardens not moving. Also the Playonline website seems to be failing to, its not my connection i dont have any problems with other thing just PoL.

Edit: i was finally able to log a character but was not able to log the other account in on the second system beside it.

Elizara
06-15-2013, 09:28 AM
I'm having a similar funny problem right now. I'd been hanging on a mule and went to swap. No dice, I couldn't get on my main. It hangs at the loading screen

Chara: Elizara
Windows XP SP3
Server: Quetz
ISP: AT&T Uverse

I had a d/c last night but I blamed it on a record thunderbumper. I'm calling their tech support number right now to find out what is going on. On hold.

Jagstang
06-15-2013, 09:33 AM
Very frustrated with SE, at least post SOMETHING about the fact you notice so many people are having issues. Got dc in Bahamut zoning to rolanberry. Getting stuck on now downloading screen.
After a few dozen more tries when FFXI begins to load it just shuts down entirely

Laptop Windows 7 FiOS.

Saleh
06-15-2013, 09:57 AM
I find it interesting that SE will not even say they have a problem. Maybe they work for the the NSA?

Despar
06-15-2013, 10:16 AM
Same issue. Teleported to Mount Zhayolm via staging point and never made it past black loading screen then 3001 error.
Windows 7 64bit
Verizon Fios

Saleh
06-15-2013, 10:25 AM
Char - Saleh
XBOX
Tele-mea
pol-3001

SE you fail

Elizara
06-15-2013, 10:26 AM
Ok, finaly off the phone. We may have a official rep on here to repeat what I'm about to say but..according to the phone techie..

They're trying to run down the problem. They want info about what happened/which chara/where you live (As in state and country, or just country if you are not NA) and your ISP/op system/if you got wireless internet or wired/modem type(As in, dual or not; Like with Uverse, it is a dual modem since it runs everything to do with phone or cable or net in the house.). I suggest everyone who is having this issue post all that here. The more info they can get the faster they can find out which cord/which hamster(s) got loose. (They already got mine over the phone, so not going to repeat it)

And oh yes, it was a hour wait on the phone. ^^ If you feel the need to call them, I hope you have unlimited long distance or you use Skype or you will be sorry.

Willowrose
06-15-2013, 10:36 AM
Willowrose
Sylph Server
Windows 7
Desktop PC
Hardlined cable connection(mediacom cable)
North Carolina

Same issue. I've tried a few things. Started when I tried to zone from Lower Jeuno to Upper Jeuno. Got a friend to log into me to move me to the gardens. Could get on in the gardens. Tried to use the abyssea warp NPC there to go to Xarcabard(Abyssea-Ule) and am getting this error again.

Nitestalker
06-15-2013, 10:42 AM
I'll repost my Info

Character name: Nitestalker
World: Odin
Zone: Mount Zhayolm
Connection: DSL Hardlined
Provider: CenturyLink

Vivivivi
06-15-2013, 10:46 AM
Decided to try again, can't even access character selection screen now.

Saleh
06-15-2013, 10:51 AM
Logging for the night, SE Fix it

G0PH3R
06-15-2013, 10:56 AM
I was zoning to Sith Gates from Ceizak Battlegrounds and it got stuck on black downloading screen which ended up with FFXI-3001 error code. I can't log back to my character which is main. I can log on mule characters.

Char: Rihoko
World: Leviathan
Platform: Win7/64bit

Vivivivi
06-15-2013, 10:57 AM
If it's of any help to the team trying to track down the cause, I noticed when I attempt to login to POL, get to FFXI and get to Character selection screens, sometimes the request times out, asks to retry, immediately works. Still cannot login with main character. Done trying for the evening, hopefully it can be resolved soon.

Habil
06-15-2013, 10:57 AM
Was able to log onto main character in western adoulin, scared to go anywhere tho....

G0PH3R
06-15-2013, 10:59 AM
"I noticed when I attempt to login to POL, get to FFXI and get to Character selection screens, sometimes the request times out, asks to retry, immediately works. Still cannot login with main character."

I noticed same thing.^^

Nitestalker
06-15-2013, 11:05 AM
Yea, I was getting the same thing. trying to log in and say server busy and try again. Once I try again, I'm able to log in and select a character. Not able to log into my main one, but was able to log into a different character

Dswagger
06-15-2013, 11:05 AM
Quicksand caves
FIOS
State: VA
Quetzalcoatl
Win7/32bit

Habil
06-15-2013, 11:26 AM
Spoke too soon got kicked out game walking around Western Adoulin

Riishiriish
06-15-2013, 11:36 AM
Been trying to log in all day on both characters,the screen just stays black and times out.Been trying to reach the NA support line none stop for about 9 hours now and they still wont answer,the answering machine keeps telling me that all the agents are currently busy and thanks for being patient,in 9 hours not 1 person has answerd.....you fail SE.

Willowrose
06-15-2013, 11:43 AM
Willowrose
Sylph Server
Windows 7
Desktop PC
Hardlined cable connection(mediacom cable)
North Carolina

Same issue. I've tried a few things. Started when I tried to zone from Lower Jeuno to Upper Jeuno. Got a friend to log into me to move me to the gardens. Could get on in the gardens. Tried to use the abyssea warp NPC there to go to Xarcabard(Abyssea-Ule) and am getting this error again.

Reposting to update this information. I had a friend move me back to Audolin. I am able to log in(took several tries) and zone in and out of my mog house here. The issues I encountered were all in Jeuno or xarcabard. I haven't tried other zones. I'll be hanging up here I guess.

Habil
06-15-2013, 11:43 AM
was able to log back in on main, after a few "busy" messages

Jagstang
06-15-2013, 11:46 AM
Still having problems, game still just shuts off now, never happened until this event. Cant even do file repair.
Sometimes it will do the info Download, then instantly says connection error. I don't get it, not even a single important message update on the form by square. Hope they are ready to lose even more potential costumers for FF14, pretty sure they already lost half of them in their last fail.
Yes I am extremely frustrated

Dswagger
06-15-2013, 11:47 AM
Like others I have secondary character access not main

Moocow1980
06-15-2013, 11:55 AM
Main character: Devaniel
Mule character: Captainchocobo
Sylph
Windows 8
Laptop
Wireless router
Verizon FiOS: Tampa Bay

Was fine around noon-1 p.m. Eastern Time. Logged out in Port Jeuno mog. Took a nap. Came back to log on at, what 5:30ish? (I can't remember when exactly) and could not log on with my main at all. FFXI-3001, POL-0011, FFXI-3100 errors abound (pick one, I got them all regularly.) I could log on as my mule in Windy Waters, but not my main. The biggest issue on the main is everything logs in and then the permanent "Black Screen of Downloading Data Death" (as I nicknamed it.)

So, to kill time, I wanted to put my mule in Port Jeuno anyway so I walked out of mog into Windy Waters, and then to East Sarutabaruta. Going into East Saruta., I then encountered the Black Screen of Downloading Data Death. Now, neither character will log in, period.

I called tech support, but hung up for I tired of waiting. I sent an e-mail in, no response back. It is over four hours later (went to dinner with wife and then came back home) and STILL cannot log in. I see no official word on the official POL FFXI site, and only by chance did I stumble onto these forums and see this thread of issues. So I registered and here I am, waiting for the issues to be fixed so I can play on my day off.

GrumpyPants
06-15-2013, 12:07 PM
Server Bahamut
Char , Grumps
North america , CA
AT&T uverse net
windows 7 Gaming laptop

Was on airship to Sandy when this evil black screen attacked me and can only log on mule afraid to zone on it i keep trying to connect but fails everytime on my main

GrumpyPants
06-15-2013, 12:16 PM
SE stop wasting your time with ff14 it was fail before and is going to fail in the future its WoW with final fantasy pixels and theme

Secondplanet
06-15-2013, 12:19 PM
been booted today and haven't been able to do almost anything, thanks SE for this on my day off.

Natenn
06-15-2013, 12:38 PM
Got dc at downloading data screen when i retraced from ru'lude around 3:30 EST today. Its now 11:30 and SE has not even acknowledged the problem, it gets ignored instead of telling us "Yes, we know there's a problem, but we launched or 14 beta today so we don't care if anyone has been locked out of XI for over 9hrs." we get ignored and the problem just sits there getting worse. Missed 70k run plasm farm bc of this :(

Moocow1980
06-15-2013, 12:49 PM
Got dc at downloading data screen when i retraced from ru'lude around 3:30 EST today. Its now 11:30 and SE has not even acknowledged the problem, it gets ignored instead of telling us "Yes, we know there's a problem, but we launched or 14 beta today so we don't care if anyone has been locked out of XI for over 9hrs." we get ignored and the problem just sits there getting worse. Missed 70k run plasm farm bc of this :(

And that's what concerns me the most out of this. Look, I get it, nothing is perfect, mistakes happen, etc. But the fact there is no acknowledgment whatsoever of this issue is what is most concerning. Even if all it is, is a POL announcement saying, "Hey, there are issues with people logging in, we don't know why, we're investigating," that would be fine. And then just keep us updated on it. But this lack of info out there, it makes us feel like we're being ignored or a side problem -- which is worse given the fact we pay for this service, not play for free.

I want this to be fixed so I can play, but in terms of requesting status updates, I don't think I'm asking for too much.

Dreadpirate
06-15-2013, 12:50 PM
Dreadpirate
sever-bahamat
DC'ed OP'ing to quifim from Bastok
Windows Vista (yeah.. LOLvista)
Verizon FiOS
wired and wireless connections, tried from 2 different PCs
NJ, USA

Oh forgot to mention getting error-3001, timing out at "downloading data" blackscreen. However can log onto mule in Sandy. Getting various other timeout and unable to connect to server, and server busy errors while trying multiple times to log in.

Koga
06-15-2013, 12:56 PM
Same issue. Stuck at downloading data upon zoning from Upper Jeuno to Ru'Lude Gardens on my main before finally receiving FFXI-3001 error. I can log onto my mules in Windurst Woods and Nashmau but not my main. I Occasionally receive FFXI-3100 error when logging out from mule and POL-0011 while trying to log back into POL. In addition to this I and many other people across all servers were disconnected 3 days ago and were unable to log back in, there's a thread on it here (http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/38867/heck-is-going-on-keep-crashing). Reminds me of the mass R0 issues in March 2007. They didn't exactly rush to fix that either.

It's no wonder they're suffering massive losses and Yoichi Wada forced to resign. They're stubborn, unable to take responsibility, and just generally out of touch with the rest of the world and reality. The main reason I won't bother with FFXIV is not due to the quality of the game, it's not wanting to extend my time with SE anymore than I already have.

Zazhi
06-15-2013, 01:17 PM
I, too, am having difficulty logging in various characters on my account. I waited on chat support for over an hour just to have the queue tick down to number one and then be told there weren't any agents available to help me. I have been playing this game for nine years now, and have just about had it with their tech support. If this issue won't resolve, they are losing my business.

Ziyyigo-Tipyigo
06-15-2013, 01:20 PM
Problem has struck me. An interesting observation: background music on the title screen/login server stops after the A New Direction music, rather than cycling through to Vana'diel March, etc.

Natenn
06-15-2013, 01:24 PM
Seems like everyone with the prob is in EST?

Natenn
06-15-2013, 01:32 PM
I have verizon fios and win7, in DE.

Jagstang
06-15-2013, 01:34 PM
This is starting to sound like an east coast issue

Koga
06-15-2013, 01:38 PM
Seems like everyone with the prob is in EST?

Nitestalker a few pages back is in Nevada experiencing the same issues.

Zazhi
06-15-2013, 01:39 PM
Yeah, I'm in Tennessee, EST time zone. I'm running windows 7 on pc and I also play on xbox 360. Strangely, it's the same characters on both devices that won't log on. Other characters on this same account don't seem to be affected on either device.

*I take that back. I was just able to log the mules I was having trouble with onto the pc but the main that's been giving me trouble still times out. >.> and she's the one with all the gilz, naturally...

AitExcelsior
06-15-2013, 01:44 PM
Going from upper to lower Jueno, got black screen and cant get back in. Gm said they cant warp my character for me.

Im on mountain time, not est. Its been 12 hours from now since I was kicked out.

Im on xbox btw.

Zazhi
06-15-2013, 01:46 PM
We probably won't get any help until Monday, if we get any at all...

Vashkoda
06-15-2013, 01:49 PM
This is starting to sound like an east coast issue

Nope, I'm in Los Angeles, actually a 20 minute drive from SE's office here. Maybe their people have also been affected by this, though you wouldn't know it by how they're taking their time fixing the problem. >.> Of course it's the weekend now, so we might have to wait until Monday for anyone to take it seriously.

Or wait until all the FFIV beta players are done downloading the game.

Or wait for enough JPs to complain.

Nitestalker
06-15-2013, 01:53 PM
Yea, I'm PST time zone. I'm in Nevada and I'm having the same issues just like everyone else. I wish they get this issue resolved

Sahearniitth
06-15-2013, 02:07 PM
Here is my input:
Timezone: Pacific
ISP: AT&T ADSL

I logon PC and Xbox with 2 different accounts. My PC is running Win7 x64.

I Dc'd on the Xbox account warping to homepoint in East Adoulin. At the same time I dc'd on the PC warping from East Adoulin to West on a different account. I attempted to log in multiple times but it would not let me log on any characters on my PC account however I could log on my mules on Xbox account. I retried this for about 20min and included rebooting the xbox and pc.

Finally I logged onto the account that I normally use on the PC using the Xbox. This allowed me to access my main character and move him to a different zone. Once this was done I was able to relog him using the PC with only minor timeout issues during the POL login/check messages/flist etc phase. Doing the opposite (logging on the account I traditionally use on the Xbox on the PC and moving the character to a different zone) let me access the Xbox character on the xbox again.

Later in the night I dc'd on the PC account warping from Kuftal to Bastok. I tried to log back in normally a few times but it didn't work. Rather than jump through all the hoops with the xbox again I decided to call it a night.

This issue is made even more frustrating by the stupid "Character is already logged in" error which makes it so you cant keep spamming account logins to bypass the mini connection drops which seem to be occurring.

As others have said the most frustrating issue atm is that SE is not even acknowledging that there are login issues. Hopefully it is resolved soon.

Edyth
06-15-2013, 02:17 PM
The FFXIV PS3 beta started today and so a ton of people were downloading FFXIV, and they had D/C issues too, at least during the registration/user agreements/download/etc. portion. I don't know if anyone was thrown out of the game after finally getting in, though.

The forums for both games are experiencing issues as well. SE's servers are on hyperdrive and I'm not a tech geek, but I don't know if there's anything they can do about it other than wait for it to pass or to literally lock out users selectively.

Jagstang
06-15-2013, 02:18 PM
Nope, I'm in Los Angeles, actually a 20 minute drive from SE's office here. Maybe their people have also been affected by this, though you wouldn't know it by how they're taking their time fixing the problem. >.> Of course it's the weekend now, so we might have to wait until Monday for anyone to take it seriously.

Or wait until all the FFIV beta players are done downloading the game.

Or wait for enough JPs to complain.

the last part. owell, since I downloaded from steam un uninstalled, I recently discovered that steam doesn't delete old files after uninstall, so when I reinstall, it causes a crash to desktop after hitting play for some reason.
Now I get to patch again, thanks again SE

AitExcelsior
06-15-2013, 03:09 PM
This is ridiculous, FIX IT

Seyomeyo
06-15-2013, 04:05 PM
Having this issue with an alt.

Name: Jimbean

Server: Carbuncle

Zone: AbysAltep

Zarchery
06-15-2013, 04:16 PM
This is happening to me too. Windows XP, Verizon FIOS, East Coast, Carbuncle server. I've had various stages of success. I logged on Friday evening, managed to check my D-Box in Upper Jeuno, made it as far as Sauromugue Champaign then timed out trying to Field Manual warp to Bastok. Login freezed at various stages, and earlier I was able to log on to a mule. Since then haven't been able to get further than character select screen. I thought it might be my computer, so I tried logging in through my PS2 (I played on PS2 for the first few years I played; never touch the thing nowadays except for troubleshooting purposes like this) No luck there either. Probably just as well since I wouldn't want to play on that grainy old thing.

This is a bummer, but it'll get fixed sooner or later. I'm glad to see that it's not just me or my ISP. I'm not happy (or particularly surprised) to see the usual immaturity of some of the players. I installed Steam for the first time Friday morning (to play Sonic 4 Episode II), and thought that might have caused it.

The basic details:

Character: Zarchery (though it seems to affect all my characters)
Server: Carbuncle
ISP: Verizon-FIOS
Platform: PC running Windows XP.
Region: East Coast U.S.

G0PH3R
06-15-2013, 04:44 PM
The FFXIV PS3 beta started today and so a ton of people were downloading FFXIV, and they had D/C issues too, at least during the registration/user agreements/download/etc. portion. I don't know if anyone was thrown out of the game after finally getting in, though.

The forums for both games are experiencing issues as well. SE's servers are on hyperdrive and I'm not a tech geek, but I don't know if there's anything they can do about it other than wait for it to pass or to literally lock out users selectively.

I must say this has nothing to do with from where you trying to log in. I live in Europe, and having the very same issue. If this problem have to do something with FFXIV beta, well I now really wonder these issues will happen every weekend as SE will implement beta thing every weekend till game release date.

I'm a royal customer since 2006, paying every month for this game even when those times I can not play due to my work schedule cause I liked the game very much. Though, since Adoulin content released I'm not fond of the direction game is going including both new content material and recent technical issues side.

accebynnel
06-15-2013, 04:46 PM
Character name: Calee
World: Sylph
Zone: Moghouse zoning into Ru Lude Gardens
Connection: Cable
Provider: Sudden Link

Have been having issues all day with logging out to mule. It acts like it's dc'ing and can watch the R go down to 0. Go to sign into character and receiving errors like others for timed out.

Now, cannot sign into Calee (main character). Warped to Jueno, ran into mog house. Went to zone out into Ru'Lude Gardens and am stuck with the black loading screen of death. Finally get the FFXI error for being timed out. Go to log back in, receive error codes stating character is already signed in. Log into a mule, ok. Log off and attempt main again. Only to get stuck at the black loading screen of death.

Also having issues today with AH price history, area, and character searches. Constantly getting "search failed" results.

Nerathun
06-15-2013, 05:10 PM
Was finally able to went through POL this morning (more than 12 hours after my D/C) and was able to log my mule but still having trouble logging my main char. The further I was able to go is on the "Downloading Data" black screen...

So yesterday (around 7pm30 GMT) I was disconnected from the game when zoning out from my mog house in Western Adoulin.

Char Name : Neraya
World : Ragnarok
Platform : Windows7 (32bits)
Zone : Moghouse zoning into Western Adoulin
Connection : Optical fiber
Provider : Swisscom
Issue since : 06.14.2013 around 7pm30 GMT

The most annoying thing, still no acknowledgement from SE about this matter.

*edit*
And by the way, it's seems to be a global issue :
=> http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/34627-Impossible-de-se-connecter-avec-son-main-serveur-busy
=> http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/34631-POL%E3%83%AD%E3%82%B0%E3%82%A4%E3%83%B3%E5%87%A6%E7%90%86%E9%96%8B%E5%A7%8B%E5%BE%8C%E3%80%81%E9%9D%9E%E5%B8%B8%E3%81%AB%E9%87%8D%E3%81%8F%E3%81%AA%E3%82%8B

Kabekebe
06-15-2013, 05:30 PM
To be honest the best thing I would recommend you to do(Which it is not 100% effective) is asking a friend to use your account with info and ask them to zone somewhere else.. but like someone said earlier it is not where you've zone the problem is more like random issues SE didnt figured it out ..yet I have the same problem as y'all and honestly I know it is annoying , I know people has schedule to play this game and we all know that SE is closed on weekend.. shame but yea we gotta face the reality here.. just think it is a big maintenance .. I dont know.. go play outside like I will do in a couple hours , I understand it is frustated but we gotta wait.. if you cant wait use this : ask a friend to move your char somewhere else but the problem will remain and you'll be more frustated to be stuck into ''black screen issue'' from here.. I'll drink my cup of coffee and do something else for today 'cause I dont expect SE to comes out with a ''solution'' till monday :( I'm sorry y'all

And by the way how come I'm Ninja 90 only? I have 99 since the level break .. the hell? oh well another issue ''I guess''

Vold
06-15-2013, 05:32 PM
It's a very strange thing because on my two accounts I am stuck on one with the same problem as everyone else, yet on my other account everything is just dandy. Couldn't be better. It's almost like we have been randomly selected for something shady, like axing FFXI players from being able to play so they can gain more bandwidth elsewhere. Just a theory I'm working on, because it's not FRICKING FIXED YET NOR EVEN ACKNOWLEDGED AS A PROBLEM IN POL(but is via GMs).

My characters were dropping one by one. First main, then an alt then another alt then finally I wasn't able to get in then did and then got booted and I gave up for the night. Conspiracy theories aside because I can't even begin to stress just how angry I would become if I were being locked out of FFXI because SE can't be bothered to spend money to meet the bandwidth demands their business requires, it's just damn odd. Something isn't right. It goes beyond connectivity issues because one of my accounts is fine, the other ain't. And it's not limited to any one kind of zone as my alts are all spread out amongst starter nations and Jeuno. Not to mention the server still has a very healthy(but low as usual)population of players.

Vold
06-15-2013, 05:37 PM
To be honest the best thing I would recommend you to do(Which it is not 100% effective) is asking a friend to use your account with info and ask them to zone somewhere else.. but like someone said earlier it is not where you've zone the problem is more like random issues SE didnt figured it out ..yet I have the same problem as y'all and honestly I know it is annoying , I know people has schedule to play this game and we all know that SE is closed on weekend.. shame but yea we gotta face the reality here.. just think it is a big maintenance .. I dont know.. go play outside like I will do in a couple hours , I understand it is frustated but we gotta wait.. if you cant wait use this : ask a friend to move your char somewhere else but the problem will remain and you'll be more frustated to be stuck into ''black screen issue'' from here.. I'll drink my cup of coffee and do something else for today 'cause I dont expect SE to comes out with a ''solution'' till monday :( I'm sorry y'all
SE does have a weekend crew. MMOs aren't like a 9-5, M-F job. You have paying customers 24/7. That means you have a work force 24/7.

GrumpyPants
06-15-2013, 05:40 PM
of course they are screwing us over because ffxiv was trash and they lost money so now they saving any way they can and putting more effort into it even though its going to continue to be trash i say noone buy ffxiv so they can lose money for their terrible service lately you never had a problem like this over 6 years ago when each server had at least 3000 people on at a time

Venividivici
06-15-2013, 05:41 PM
Venividivici
Lakshmi Server
Windows 8
Desktop PC
Optical Fiber (Verizon Fios)
Zone Port Jeuno No zoning conection just when from 100% to ( 0% s 0 r 0 )
Issue since : 06.14.2013 around 3pm EST

Started when I tried to use the Action House in Port Jeuno.
this is only happening with this account with my other account I can log in no problem.
using the same connection and also try in two different PCs with the same result not being able to log in with venividivici in neither one but able to log in with the other account character.

Babekeke
06-15-2013, 05:43 PM
I'm now getting worried about my decision to leave buying bonanza marble until Monday (before I go on holiday for 2 weeks)...

If this persists I'm not going to be able to waste my 20k!

Kabekebe
SE does have a weekend crew. MMOs aren't like a 9-5, M-F job. You have paying customers 24/7. That means you have a work force 24/7.

Then my info were wrong.. I guess im getting tired of google it and reading all kind of stories.. not to mentioned I've went into this kind of issues since like 2008-07.. so yes I thought they were not working on weekends but thanks for giving me back that kind of info. Sorry for the wrong info again.

GrumpyPants
its porbly SE intentionally doing this to make people want to quit ffxi and go to ffxiv because they just released a new expansion so they cant be like oh we are shutting down ffxi even though you just bought our latest expansion

Venividivici
06-15-2013, 05:44 PM
Funny part this is happening when they are asking all of us to make sure to log on every day as part of the Announcing the First Eleventh Vana'versary Continuous Login Campaign! (06/11/2013)

Kabekebe
06-15-2013, 05:46 PM
I'm now getting worried about my decision to leave buying bonanza marble until Monday (before I go on holiday for 2 weeks)...

If this persists I'm not going to be able to waste my 20k!

Lucky-basterd Leon , going into holidays for 2 weeks.. sad tho I wont be able to mess with you till you leave for holidays then!

accebynnel
06-15-2013, 05:52 PM
Funny part this is happening when they are asking all of us to make sure to log on every day as part of the Announcing the First Eleventh Vana'versary Continuous Login Campaign! (06/11/2013)

Yes, you're absolutely right. Guess the campaign is fixed against those of us having issues atm. LOL Kind of hard to participate in the event when we can't even log in. :mad:

Akisu
06-15-2013, 06:03 PM
Continuous Login Campaign at the same time as a giant beta version update of FFXIV? Can anyone say experimental stress test?

Let's see how many people we can load up our server shards with before catastrophic failure!

Babekeke
06-15-2013, 06:29 PM
Continuous Login Campaign at the same time as a giant beta version update of FFXIV? Can anyone say experimental stress test?

Let's see how many people we can load up our server shards with before catastrophic failure!

Also coincides with the Test Server update

Babekeke
06-15-2013, 06:36 PM
Lucky-bastard Babekeke, going into holidays for 2 weeks.. sad tho I wont be able to mess with you till you leave for holidays then!

why, can you not log on? I haven't even tried yet. will be trying this evening though as my wife going away for the evening/following day

Kabekebe
06-15-2013, 07:12 PM
why, can you not log on? I haven't even tried yet. will be trying this evening though as my wife going away for the evening/following day

The issue started at 6pm EST my time, and I give up at midnight really.. the only way I was able to get online was asking my friend to log me somewhere else as I thought the zone was the problem, but then realized after 15mins.. that it wasnt the zone and I wasnt the only one who has that kind of problem.. it is in my opinion a global issue for random people. Since some of my friends was able to play all night long it is just odd really but I still believe it is a problem due to 14 even tho we're talking 'bout 11 here

Secondplanet
06-15-2013, 10:15 PM
of course they are screwing us over because ffxiv was trash and they lost money so now they saving any way they can and putting more effort into it even though its going to continue to be trash i say noone buy ffxiv so they can lose money for their terrible service lately you never had a problem like this over 6 years ago when each server had at least 3000 people on at a time

I don't think you have to worry about sales for FF:XIV, the game is still crap and personally i don't trust SE with and future games after that. I am starting to get pissed that like normal we (the long time paying customers) are being punished for their failure to listen to customers and make a decent game.

At least for now i can log in, but I am disappointed with SE that they failed to acknowledge this problem and bury their heads under the ground and hope people will just go away. No wonder their stocks are worth a record low.

Vivivivi
06-15-2013, 10:32 PM
Was able to login without issue this morning.

Spectreman
06-15-2013, 11:49 PM
Turn off your modem and wait 15 seconds to get a new ISP. Turn it on, play the game. Should work now.

Bloodpool
06-16-2013, 12:03 AM
Ya I'm fixed as well. Love how there is no official comment at all yet.

Elizara
06-16-2013, 12:41 AM
Fixed now too. Hopefully we will hear wtf happened soon.

Moocow1980
06-16-2013, 03:41 AM
It works for me. So all is fixed. I am happy that it is all back to normal -- for now...

Still, I am concerned over the fact SE has never announced anything on the subject. Nothing when the problem was known, nothing to say what caused it, nothing to say what is fixing/has fixed it, nothing to say it was hopefully resolved. Absolute, 100 percent lack of silence.

Again, I understand things happen. I'm not mad at the fact this issue happened per se. Yes, I couldn't play, it sucked, but those things happen. It just concerns me that this is/was a significant problem and nothing was said. No SE employee in this thread spoke, nothing on the POL-FFXI website, nothing that can be found when logging into the game, absolutely nothing.

Did we see info regarding the forum update early in the day 6/14/13? Yes. We also saw an extension on that maintenance. (And I must note the forums did act slow as heck yesterday during all of this madness described throughout the thread.) So if they can post about that, they could have posted about this and gave us some explanations as to what was going on.

Login issues can suck, but this lack of official communication from SE regarding a service we pay for is 100 percent unacceptable. I'm not even asking for a discount or free service or anything. All I want is to be kept in the loop, not be in here with a bunch of fellow FFXIers wondering what is going on. Really, is that too much to ask?

Apparently, based on SE's silence, it is.

Nerathun
06-16-2013, 06:14 AM
Some apologies would be a nice start. But really the worst thing is the lack of communication from SE. They know this, they confirm this to the few lucky one that was able to contact them and for everyone else... nothing :mad:

Moocow1980
06-16-2013, 08:26 AM
So I get this e-mail today...

Dear Customer,

Our records show that you recently contacted Square Enix Customer Service to receive assistance.
We are very interested to hear more about your experience during this process and it would be greatly appreciated if you could spare a few moments to answer a short survey and help us to improve our service.

Yeah they got a reply from me and I told them to go right to this thread and read it if they cared enough to fix the issue.

Yinnyth
06-16-2013, 08:37 AM
Not all internet connectivity problems are SE's fault. There are several routers your message needs to pass through, and a lot of us pass through similar routers when connecting to FFXI. If one of those routers along the way experiences bandwidth issues, or any number of technical problems I can't begin to comprehend, everyone trying to send a signal through it will suffer the consequences.

Now if EVERYONE was having difficulties connecting to FFXI, that would (most likely) be SE's fault, and something they need to fix. I had a few problems myself a few days ago, but they cleared up shortly afterwards and never came back. None of my LS mates had any connection difficulty at all.

If the problem is being caused by routers that SE doesn't own, there's really nothing they can do.

Edit: Nothing they can do except tell the player base they are aware of the issue and it is being caused by something beyond their own control.

Zazhi
06-16-2013, 10:26 AM
I was also able to log in this morning. I changed areas several times and logged out and back in without incident on multiple characters. There seems to be a consensus that the issue was the release of the new expansion or beta or whatever it was. If that is indeed the case, I say this: if you (SE) do not have enough servers or bandwidth or whatever to sustain ALL your paying customers, then GET MORE! I pay for this service and I expect to be able to access it whenever I please and for however long I please. You advertise a service, expect people to pay for it but can't keep it going full time. If I failed to provide my service to my employer, I'd get fired. I am admittedly addicted to this game. It's the only reason I keep coming back. Thanks to SE's stellar customer service practices, though, I will NEVER purchase another SE product; and, if I ever manage to break the spell of this one, I am gone.

Bloodpool
06-16-2013, 11:40 PM
Not all internet connectivity problems are SE's fault. There are several routers your message needs to pass through, and a lot of us pass through similar routers when connecting to FFXI. If one of those routers along the way experiences bandwidth issues, or any number of technical problems I can't begin to comprehend, everyone trying to send a signal through it will suffer the consequences.

Now if EVERYONE was having difficulties connecting to FFXI, that would (most likely) be SE's fault, and something they need to fix. I had a few problems myself a few days ago, but they cleared up shortly afterwards and never came back. None of my LS mates had any connection difficulty at all.

If the problem is being caused by routers that SE doesn't own, there's really nothing they can do.

Edit: Nothing they can do except tell the player base they are aware of the issue and it is being caused by something beyond their own control.

How about we let SE tell everybody, ahh forget it why I even replied to you is beyond me.

Minamikun
06-17-2013, 05:29 AM
I get message from GM that they asked me to check environment contact ISP, reset modem, restart computer... Well this is SE side problem because I did trace network and delay happened on SE side... I also played FFXIV in same time and there is no problem. I assume they adjust bandwidth for FFXIV on the day.

GM told me that I can contact customer support via through Forum but no respond or official apologize yet ... BTW, this is global problem not only in USA.
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/34627
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/34631

I hope this never happen again!

Kyogi
06-19-2013, 04:44 AM
Welp glad I wasn't the only one because just had this happen to me this morning was otw to the tree, when I tried to zone into ZiTah screen was stuck at "Downloading Data" til it kicked me out with a POL 3001 code, can't log into main but can sure as hell log into mules.

Based on what everyone else has tried to do I am at wits end.

Futan
06-19-2013, 09:17 AM
Haven't been able to log into one of my characters for over 24 hours now. This is the 3rd time in a week or 2 this POL-3001 stuff has happened to me. :\

pinoyxprss
06-19-2013, 10:43 AM
I've been watching the forums.. i haven't been able to log in to one of my characters since last night around 7:30pm when I zoned to North Gustaberg. It is now 6:42pm and I stil can't log-in.. any conclusions on this? this is really getting irritating. this happened to me three days ago also but was resolved the next day in less than 24 hours.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Moocow1980
06-19-2013, 03:40 PM
I've been watching the forums.. i haven't been able to log in to one of my characters since last night around 7:30pm when I zoned to North Gustaberg. It is now 6:42pm and I stil can't log-in.. any conclusions on this? this is really getting irritating. this happened to me three days ago also but was resolved the next day in less than 24 hours.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

But they sure can update their news feed to let us know the forums work, right?

Kuroganashi
08-30-2013, 07:27 PM
Same shit happened to me on Foret de Henetiel, as soon as i zoned in from Sih Gates it kept "loading now" then D/c followed by ERROR CODE 3001

My mule works tho >......> (This is the times I Wish i had taken to lvl it up..)

Kuroganashi
08-31-2013, 04:07 AM
I was zoning to Sith Gates from Ceizak Battlegrounds and it got stuck on black downloading screen which ended up with FFXI-3001 error code. I can't log back to my character which is main. I can log on mule characters.

Char: Rihoko
World: Leviathan
Platform: Win7/64bit

Same happened from Sih Gates ~> Foret de Henetiel

Wonder if Sih Gates is the problem now

Also been calling GM on my mule only to get the same reply

"we are unable to do anything try Customer Service"

So I DID

after 4 hrs of waiting and being from # 181 ~> # 8 ~> My turn it pops

"No Agent Available"

/TOSS THE PC AT AGENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Srly ? 4 hours of waiting and nobody................

Well, I decided to screw around my mule a bit, Being low lvl doesn't suit me.........

IF anybody find a FIX for this please let me know.

Square Enix needs to FIX their shit !