Player
    Character
    Crescent Dusk
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80

Pets do not scale with gear.

EDIT: Incorrect. Pets do scale (need to be resummoned), just horribly so with very low base values. See below posts for details.
    (1)
    Last edited by Crescent_Dusk; 09-02-2013 at 01:53 PM.

Player
    Character
    Malakaz Vosoma
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 84
    Man you are really gutting my hope for the class now I am somewhat glad that I re rolled a new character, level 33 black mage atm. I wonder why they did not make them scale along with the gear you are wearing?

This should of been play tested more its apparent that it was rushed out for open beta and release.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Deo Luminai
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    They scale with gear. You have to resummon the Pet when you change your gear if you want the pet to reflect your new stats. If you take off all your gear AFTER you summon the Pet, the stat reduction will not be applied to the Pet. It gets your stats when you summon.

There is nothing wrong with Arcanist, Summoner or Scholar.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    King Chud
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 44
    There is a topic over in Healing Roles where they are talking about this, you should check it out lol.

Short version: You have to resummon your pet after gear changes to update their stats. They do scale!!!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Razios Bladewing
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 46
    If this is true and they do scale with stats id love to see a little buff,though summoners have been asking for it im sure other problems are being prioritized atm so lets just wait til after they fix the servers first and then continue our rage.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Deo Luminai
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Razios View Post
    If this is true and they do scale with stats id love to see a little buff,though summoners have been asking for it im sure other problems are being prioritized atm so lets just wait til after they fix the servers first and then continue our rage.
    Currently, the only problem I see with Arcanist is their non DoT skills are given rather high CDs but do not do great damage. Other classes have stronger skills with much shorter cds.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Crescent Dusk
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Re-tested, you are correct. Pets scale.

The bad news is, the scaling is terrible. With no gear and a lv30 book, Ifrit egi auto hits for 25+49. With AF+GC book at 50, it hits for 49+100. So the highest damage pet is autoattacking for 150 damage evry 2 seconds. That's just awful.

DoT damage is shown as converged. For Bio, Bio II, Miasma, and Thunder I am receiving 297 damage ticks. That plus Ifrit egi auto+ Ruin I is about 570 damage per 3 second cast cycle. On a whopping 7.5 second cast ramp up.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Deo Luminai
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    The start time for our DoTs to kick in takes too long. Someone did suggest having Instant cast and Cast time skills have separate global cooldowns - much like the Aether skills we use have. I don't know if it will be considered overpowered since it will also increase the dps of other classes also. To other dps classes, Instant cast skills are more of an annoyance but they have been proving to be detrimental to ARC. We have too many DoTs that need to be applied and the alternation between Instant and Cast skills only prolongs the length of time it takes us to finally set up all our DoTs.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Crescent Dusk
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    And the worst part is that the 3 globals combined for DoT's do not match in damage the global spent for a dire cast under astral fire. In order to start matching Fire with Astral stacks alone you need to have 4 DoT's on target, with the pet and casting ruin concurrently.

That isn't even figuring in the damage the BLM gets with Thunder on top of his 500ish fire casts under astral fire.

The whole point of DoT's is that their instant and they do more damage since they take longer to deliver over a period of time. But if a DoT bears marginal benefit over a direct damage spell, and it needs to be cast, with several of them needing to be layered to match the effect of a single spell, that's a problem.

And we're comparing against BLM, not BRD or DRG or even MNK who rank higher in DPS output.
    (0)