Player
    Character
    Laraul Lunacy
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70

My observations on graphic "stutter" with the game

I'd thought I'd point out what I've experienced with "stutter" with the current release of the game.

Using an ATI 5870, stutter is all but nonexistent. Using a GTX 680 though I experience stutter much more frequently with the game and the character creation benchmark. It does not stutter though, in the original exploration benchmark released a while back, nor in any of game or application.

Though the ATI 5870 is not as powerful as the GTX 680, I can honestly say that because it lacks the stutter that persists with the GTX 680, the overall experience feels more fluid and honestly possibly I think maybe more enjoyable. Though I did seem to grow a custom to the stutter with the 680, it was still an annoyance and a distraction.

I have no idea why the 5870 is stutter free, but the GTX 680 isn't. I know there are both ATI/AMD users and Nvidia owners out there who experience stutter. And I know there are those who don't. If you are one of those who don't experience stutter (and if you aren't sure, you probably aren't) I recommend not changing anything and be very greatful that you are so lucky. Or if you play on the PS3 and a PC user says the PS3 version is doesn't look as good, simply respond "Maybe so, but I don't have to worry about stutter! Nyaa Nyaa!"
    (0)

It seems that there have not been any further posts about this concern being an ongoing issue. Because of this, we are considering it to be resolved. If this does continue to be a concern, please create another thread to further discuss resolutions or contact the Support Center at support.na.square-enix.com for assistance.
    (0)