Player
    Character
    King Drako
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 59
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashington View Post
    Fractional seconds worked in Beta, but they took them out stating that they did not want Macros to give players who used them too great of an edge such that all players would feel pressured to make Macros.

/wait times are now rounded to the nearest whole number.
    How would that give players that use Macros an advantage. It's in the game for everyone to use . Its not like macros are external tool like parser. There even a guide for it in game.

Thats like saying get rid of crafting classes because it provides a unfair advantage to people who took the time to level them, or lets get rid of chocobos becauase its unfair to those people who didnt take the time to do the quest.

that's a bad excuse . It only takes 5 mins to learn how to use them.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Savior Lito
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    I don't think it would give players of the same job unfair advantages since they are there for everyone to use. However, if say, a Warrior made a two combo macro (BB and SP), he could alt-tab and check the scores of last night's game whereas a MNK or DRG still has to worry about positioning. So in that case, it would be an unfair advantage given to the Warrior. I'm sure that can play out in several different cases. Just seems better to make people have to actually try to play, rather than press a button and watch your character do a bunch of shit in a fight. Can't imagine that would be much fun.
    (0)

Character
    Killabye Strife
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    Some of us are old and cant handle all this shit! I macro so I have time, usually I basic combo macro and free buff in between but my oldest macro set ive never changed and it's my buff AT&T with my drg which is like 15 seconds long. While the macro is going though it leaves me to dodge attacks and not have to push those buttons. Slows me overall but makes the harder fights survivable
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4