Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Soda Pop
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    How about you guys allow decimals since your game has a, y'know, 2.5 second global cooldown?
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Gnu Who
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner View Post
    I'd prefer it if /wait simply held the next action until a previous action completed, a la

/ac "Divine Seal" <me>
    /wait
    /ac "Cure III" <me>

That way we wouldn't have to guess at the number of seconds or fractional seconds required to meet the animation delay on "instant" skills, and we wouldn't lose time or efficiency when Selene is out (hasting our abilities).
    Fractional seconds worked in Beta, but they took them out stating that they did not want Macros to give players who used them too great of an edge such that all players would feel pressured to make Macros.

/wait times are now rounded to the nearest whole number.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Y'ahte Tia
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Soda View Post
    How about you guys allow decimals since your game has a, y'know, 2.5 second global cooldown?
    They did already state that they are not allowing decimals because the game has a 2.5s GCD, they do not want macros to be GCD-efficient so that you can't let a macro play the game for you.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kidel Aleron
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

Apologies for the bump and also for the delay in a response, but we received some information from the development team that in patch 2.2 we’ll be making it so wait commands can be placed after other commands on the same line.

For example:
    /ac “Swiftcast” &lt;me&gt; &lt;wait.1&gt;
    /ac “Raise” &lt;t&gt;

You’ll notice that for the parameter after wait, you need to add period and not a space. Also, when omitting this parameter it will be taken as “1.”

Hopefully this helps for creating a bit more space in your macros.
    I'd like a "wait until previous action is done" command as default for <wait> onstead of 1s.
    I'm currently using 0.5s as default wait time for instant actions, but it feels like it's too much (and 0.4s simply doesn't work all the time)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Wizzed Atria
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by awvv View Post
    This is pretty much the best solution. If you lag just a little bit in a crafting macro, it'll miss a step and then you'll fail your craft. It'd be best if instead of /ac there was a single command that waited until the skill was available to use, then used it.

However, I realised that if I'm on macro, and if my FF lags, my macro lags as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tano View Post
    I'd like a "wait until previous action is done" command as default for <wait> onstead of 1s.
    I'm currently using 0.5s as default wait time for instant actions, but it feels like it's too much (and 0.4s simply doesn't work all the time)
    0.4s simply doesn't work at all. It defaults to 0s while 0.5s defaults to 1s.
    (1)
    Last edited by wizzed; 01-13-2014 at 09:39 AM.

Player
    Character
    Resheph Rahovari
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Ohhhh man. Looking forward to emote spam dance routines!
    (0)

www.hendart.com | http://hendart.tumblr.com> | http://www.billy-brain.com

Player
    Character
    Almerick Lemanche
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I for one love using macros for crafting. they are especially useful for items you want to craft a lot of, and want/need to HQ them. I mostly use macros for base items with 40 durability, and even then I find that a few extra lines would make the macros cleaner and yes, reduce it to a one button synth from two. Macroing your crafts also lets you look through your inventory/armoury chest (although you can't move anything) or look through our journal or achievements while you are crafting, and it prevents any of those 4 am slip and push 4 when you meant 5 instances. The trade offs are that it takes a slightly longer time per synth, and you have less control i.e. you may end up doing a Great strides over an excellent condition and use your touch ability on the poor that always follows, whereas if you are doing the craft manually, you can adjust for such a situation. All in all, I am hugely appreciative of the new /wait system Camate posted earlier, good work guys!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wilan Serulia
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Zirael_Foxfire View Post
    Would be nice if macro wait command allowed decimal points instead of full seconds. And 0.5 second 'precast' is missing from macroed actions compared to not macroed actions.
    If I remember correctly, this was possible in alpha, but was later taken away from the game because macros are supposed to be an useful tool, but not something that will be better or preferable to actual player input.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nesshin'na Kasai
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashington View Post
    Fractional seconds worked in Beta, but they took them out stating that they did not want Macros to give players who used them too great of an edge such that all players would feel pressured to make Macros.

/wait times are now rounded to the nearest whole number.
    And that is also why there won't be a "wait until previous action is complete" command - it would create the exact same issue.

I'm looking forward to not having to waste lines on /wait for crafting. Hitting 5,3,4,7,7,7,8,-,1 (my standard rotation) for those 40 durability recipes is pretty mindless and *just* too long for macros as they are now.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Laraul Lunacy
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Abadacchus View Post
    I definitely agree, with "/wait" requiring its own line there is a huge limitation on what you can do with macros. When I first saw how big the input box was I was so excited at the long strings of commands I thought I would be able to input. Nope, 15 lines max, and half of those are going to be used with "/wait". What a waste of potential that the <wait#> format could alleviate!
    You forget that a macro is limited to 180 characters also (including new line characters). That's an average of 12 characters per line if you use all 15 lines. So forget about having 15 lines of long strings of text. Honestly though, I doubt anyone could find use for all 15 lines.
    (0)
    Last edited by Laraul; 01-28-2014 at 01:31 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast