Player
    Character
    Ameline Rose
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 81

The state of Hacking and RMT trading.

We have passed the threshold of allowable behavior. If you step outside any major city low level gathering is more bot's and hackers then regular players trying to level. Speed hacking lalafel's, and the ever infamous stealthed teleport hackers. They're everywhere now, and in numbers way beyond our own calculations.

You can't enter a city without every allowable chat channel being bombarded with gold spam. You get tells from the same people day after day. You see the same spammers in the city day after day.

The economy is getting worse and worse because of botters and hackers corning the market on all gatherable and farmable items, and undercutting each other it's not profitable for anybody.

I'm losing faith in this game, and losing faith in you as developers. It's getting sickening to me to see more and more hackers and spammers and cheaters day after day not getting taken care of. It's getting pathetic that the only people getting banned are honest crafters trying to make money.

It's time to start putting a handle on this, you're reputation is diminishing more and more each passing day that you allow this to happen. I'm tired of being in the dark on this, it's not helping.
    (39)

Player
    Character
    Narin Clain
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 31
    I've actually noticed an improvement on the hacker-bots the past week. Spent several hours yesterday in every starter area gathering resources and didn't see a SINGLE stealth teleporting bot (which was a first in a long time.)

Spamming is of course still pretty rampant, but when you cut off the snakes head the body will die. I'll give it a few months before I condemn the game as ruined because of bots and gold spammers.

Here's hoping for a better tomorrow.

-RobotoInu
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Captain Lalafist
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 82
    Not seeing it. But if you say so.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ameline Rose
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 81
    I've seen a bit less teleporters lately, but I've seen an increase of speed hacking miners lately. There is tons of them around Ul'dah farming lightning shards.

Seriously though, this is one of the biggest issues the game has. It's obliterating their very honor as a game developer. It needs to be handled NOW. I'm sick and tired of a month straight of constant gold spams, from the same people, and hackers dominating outdoor world farming.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Ephany Crystal
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 62
    Nobody is aware of any Gil seller or botting problems.
    Your thread is completely new and unique.
    Bravo.
    (3)
    www.youtube.com/ephanygaming

Player

The situation is worse than any F2P game I've played.

The whole notion of paying for a premium service is a huge slap in the face for paying subs.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Elrunis Velaroon
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 39
    You can't even read messages from other players if you are in a main city. It's just absurd. Is it hard to program anti-spam?? Like every other MMO has measures, why not FF14?
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Sinafay T'sarran
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 22
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasse View Post
    The situation is worse than any F2P game I've played.

The whole notion of paying for a premium service is a huge slap in the face for paying subs.
    Completely agree, and not having a GM that's assigned to a server or set of servers to handle the bots is a joke. My $15 goes to what? Press conferences with yoship crying? Stop crying and show us you care enough to stop the RMT spam and the cheating/bots, AND are able to respond within a reasonable time period when players report them. It's not that hard to SHOW us you care, SE.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Onimal D'bane
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I loved how EQ did this. They gave Players the ability to become guides / Senior Guides / later Proxy-GM's. These players would have a "super" user account, and play on a different server. They could go anywhere, do anything (create items out of thin air, kill players, teleport, players, etc.)

If they found a bot, they'd call another guide to see it. If both agreed the bot's user account would be banned for 1 week. When given to a GM to review, if they agreed it was a bot, that persons VISA/MasterCard/Amex card, account, and address would be banned. Pretty much they'd have to get a new payment method.

Other games would implement IP restriction bans, or send a message to your comptuer asking you to: Jump, duck, sit, run 10 feet forward, turn around and reply with "I am not a bot Mr.Awesome pants".

If you didn't reply in a minute you were logged off. If you logged in again and kept doing the same thing, you were kicked for an hour. If you kept doing it without change, ban.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Green Green
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 20
    SE, please look at youtube, for example type the following in youtube search :
    Final Fantasy XIV Hack
    and search throught those, its not so hard work to do.

There is even this gathering/invisible/teleport crap's download on youtube. Download it SE, analyze it, fix your mistake, make anti-solution. Or I don't know what else you can do about it.

Ban all those cheaters, make some anti-solution for this. I am Sick of all those noobs and hackers, who make money this way - and they re proud about it, they feel like they re pros.
    They just ruin fun/eco for us, fair players.
    (6)
    Last edited by Synthesis; 10-01-2013 at 06:39 AM. Reason: 10 things

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast