Player
    Character
    Cee Jae
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60

Silver Shark Questions

I'm trying to get these for a crafter in my guild but I'm not sure how.... I was told south bloodshore in eastern la noscea but I have no idea what bait I need to get the fish I need to use in order to mooch it. Also, is it even possible to get it at level 25? Any help would be greatly appreciated
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mordermi Auditore
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilthaen View Post
    I'm trying to get these for a crafter in my guild but I'm not sure how.... I was told south bloodshore in eastern la noscea but I have no idea what bait I need to get the fish I need to use in order to mooch it. Also, is it even possible to get it at level 25? Any help would be greatly appreciated
    You're right on the location (one of the locations), but I doubt you'll catch them at level 25. For that location, you need to use Spoon Worms to catch a HQ Fullmoon Sardine (only caught at night), and use that to mooch for the Silver Shark. At level 25, you're more than likely not going to be able to catch them. I did catch a couple at level 30 though, so it's up to you if you want to try. Make sure your gear is good for your level.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ashelia Sturmwind
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 61
    Do you know who much Shark Oil runs on your server? Because I'm selling Sharks on my server for 3-4,000.

*EDIT* Need Hammerhead as well using Yumizuno lure (level 48 lure) found at Western La Noscea at Halfstone with a Northern Kill or a Streamer. Just FYI.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ryamatsu; 09-05-2013 at 10:11 PM.

Player
    Character
    Mordermi Auditore
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryamatsu View Post
    Do you know who much Shark Oil runs on your server? Because I'm selling Sharks on my server for 3-4,000.

*EDIT* Need Hammerhead as well using Yumizuno lure (level 48 lure) found at Western La Noscea at Halfstone with a Northern Kill or a Streamer. Just FYI.
    That'd be nice. Silver Sharks are going for around 200gil on my server, and no one is selling Hammerheads. I might fish up some Hammerheads just to see if anyone will buy them. I'll have to check and see if Shark Oil is selling.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cee Jae
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordermi View Post
    You're right on the location (one of the locations), but I doubt you'll catch them at level 25. For that location, you need to use Spoon Worms to catch a HQ Fullmoon Sardine (only caught at night), and use that to mooch for the Silver Shark. At level 25, you're more than likely not going to be able to catch them. I did catch a couple at level 30 though, so it's up to you if you want to try. Make sure your gear is good for your level.

thanks, appreciate the info. Is there a better alternative spot to get them then that doesnt require night time or?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mordermi Auditore
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    thanks, appreciate the info. Is there a better alternative spot to get them then that doesnt require night time or?
    I don't know. I just remember seeing them somewhere else. I haven't bothered with trying to figure out the best spot for them because, like I said above, they are only selling for around 200gil a piece on my server.

Hopefully someone else can post, and help you out.
    (0)

Player

On top of fullmoon sardines you can catch them with HQ merlthor goby's too. However, Silver sharks are a lvl 30+ fish, so you probably won't catch them at level 25.

The reason they are so expensive is because the fullmoon sardine is a fish used in crafting and for the class quest, so it sells good in it's own right, and to waste an HQ fish getting a silver shark will require a lot of gil. Hence the high price.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Artamie Knights
    World
    Aegis
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 60
    I went to Summerford X:14 Y:15 ish which is in middle La Noscea and used lugworms. You tend to catch only herrings and gobies but if the goby is HQ then it allows you to mooch the silver shark. I don't think night/day really has any significant effect here. If you happen to find a bait that only attracts goby though please let me know!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cee Jae
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Yea I'm guessing you really need to be near 50 to be able to have the gear (read: perception) to fish them reliably... I'm level 30 now and I've been fishing a bunch in south bloodshore, I've only gotten 1 HQ fullmoon sardine and it didn't even yield me a shark, instead I pulled in a blue octopus
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Waliel Hla
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    It's a lot easier to just use Lugworms and mooch Merlthor Gobies instead of going for the time restricted sardines. Getting Blue Octopus instead of the shark seems to be about 1/10 chance for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryamatsu View Post
    Iron Jig, Silver Bazaar, 95% catch rate. Why are you people trying to catch everything in so complicated way?
    (2)
    Last edited by Waliel; 09-07-2013 at 02:57 AM.

Yoshi-P is doing his best and is patching Endwalker. Please wait warmly until it is ready.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast