Player
    Character
    Arc Jurado
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70

Enemy Sign Functionality

In FFXIV we have been giving a wonderful system for marking enemies with symbols. Unfortunately it is incredibly restricted and useless outside of leves. Some things that I feel would make this system an integral part of combat:

1. Make it usable outside of leves. This one is a no brainer, why was this ever restricted to leves? There are many situations outside of leves (NMs with groups for one) where this would be useful.

2. Remove a mark only if the same person attempts to apply it twice. I've been in quite a few situations where the mark has been removed by separate people trying to mark the same target. This can lead to a bit of confusion or at the very least taking extra time to re-apply it.

3. Give us a macro command for targeting specific marks. This would help increase their effectiveness in battle. When their is a group of monsters, especially when they converge on a single target, it can be difficult to pick a specific one out of the group.

4. Add a more diverse choice of marks. A few more marks for things like bind, sleep, no WS, kill order, etc... would be helpful. Yes the group could specify that Diamond means sleep, Spade means no WS, Heart means secondary target but they're not universal symbols and can vary from group to group causing some unnecessary confusion.

All in all I believe the marking system is fantastic, it is just restricted to a point of being useless in most situations. With dungeons coming up soon we could really use this marking system.
    (16)

Player
    Character
    Meowy Wowie
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Agreed. Personally, I haven't done any leves in over a month. They're just so boring that they forced me to take a break from the game for 2 weeks. Since I came back I haven't even bothered with them, and I'm having a little more fun now. Why they created the game to revolve entirely around leves is beyond me. Hopefully Yoshi-P recognizes this mistake and is willing to correct it.

Fixing enemy signs is a big step in the right direction. Also, I think I remember hearing something about an /assist macro a while back. What ever happened to that? The sooner we move away from leves being the main focus of the game the better.
    (3)

Player

I'm happy with it the way it is now.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arc Jurado
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    The system is okay as is but it has room for vast improvements. Only being able to use it during leves severly restricts it being useful at any point. What happens when we get dungeons and can't use it there? That's a whole layer of strategy thrown out the window. The system exists, why restrict it like that?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Blaise Lallaise
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Agreed. Marking should not only be available, but also integral to the success of certain fights once they add dungeons and the promised battles that require strategy to defeat.

Not to derail, but are there instances when you would not want weapon skills to be used?
    (0)

Player
    They should do it how other games do it... You can mark whatever but only players in the party can see said marks.

Actually no, that seems too logical of a fix.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arc Jurado
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    That's pretty much how it is now, except you can only use it in leves. That restriction alone makes this system next to useless.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Something else they can and should implement with the Enemy Marks and Player Marks as well, implement it in in the status icon section. Many times, the enemies bunch up together and even with marks, it's difficult to see if you are actually targeting the marked on. Placing the mark as a status icon would help out greatly.

Course, if we had /assist, we could solve alot more issues as wel...
    (2)

Player

I agree it is hard to see the target when they bunch up together. Having the marker show up while targetting on the status icon would help alot.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aria Placida
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 88
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaiseLallaise View Post
    Not to derail, but are there instances when you would not want weapon skills to be used?
    Djiggas AOE counter weapon skills. An AOE WS--or just back-to-back WSs--that hits 3 or more djiggas is likely to kill someone.

Anyway, back on topic, I fully agree that there's no reason it should be limited to leves. I'm not sure if we actually need more signs, just because I rarely see some of them as-is, but I don't suppose it could hurt.
    (1)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast