Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Little Bunnyfufu
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50

SE Banning players with large amounts of gil?

There is a recent reddit post about SE sweeping through and banning anyone with large amounts gil. Bans/Emails started this morning and apparently are still being sent out. No one knows what the magic number is but it appears to be claiming a lot of high end crafters for doing nothing more than buying and selling items. What is going on??
    (18)

Player
    Character
    Izanami Kastra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    I have no idea, but if they are just targeting people with a lot of gil, then I'm safe.
    (130)

Player
    Character
    Edwin Li
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    I'm guessing it may be targeting people with over 1,000,000 gil.

Most of these people are either Win sellers, who sell a win run for 500K and higher, and chest farmers, who have abused the current system to gather High value mats people pay high amount of gil for by joining groups and making people who want to run the dungeon leave so they can continue to harass another goup they will join to continue their chest farming.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Velo'a Nharoz
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    If they are doing mass sweeps, the ones getting banned are probably linked to suspicious bottling activity. These players may have been marked weeks ago, and SE only recently got around to taking on this whole not fiasco.

I have never played a game or worked with a company that banned players for having "too much" gil. Most likely there are other factors at play here and your not getting the whole story.
    (66)

Player
    Character
    Riddik Grimja
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I highly doubt it is just looking at high amounts of Gil, that is just silly. More than likley they figured out the gil sellers transport and whoever he sent millions of gil to got the ban hammer.

Of course they say I only bought things on the market... I think in 10 years I have only read one post of someone saying yup they caught me I was cheatin.
    (22)

Player
    Character
    Matthew John
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 51
    1,000,000 gil! How could somebody make that much money! People with over 500k should be banned!!!!!
    (15)

Player
    Character
    Fate Forever
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Reposting from other thread:

I made over 13 million gil on my character by being one of the first high level crafters being able to make relics and one of the first high level gatherers, I did NOTHING illegal and never associated with RMT or the like. My account was also suspended. (This was my character "Lalafell Lafell" on the server Gilgamesh)
    (21)

Player
    Character
    Babba Booey
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwinLi View Post

Most of these people are either Win sellers, who sell a win run for 500K and higher, and chest farmers, who have abused the current system to gather High value mats people pay high amount of gil for by joining groups and making people who want to run the dungeon leave so they can continue to harass another goup they will join to continue their chest farming.
    It has to be way more than that. At level 45 I have almost 200k from quest rewards and selling the junk piece quest rewards. I never sold a single item on the AH. That being said 1,000,000 gil is not that much.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Zana Anbolho
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    I'd say those that are selling things and making crazy amounts of gil are aware of who is buying their goods. The only reason they are selling these items is because of RMT as there is a lack of gil fountains. It is unrealistic that many players have enough gil to pay the asking price of these crafts.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Cally Evergrey
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwinLi View Post

Speaking of Win sellers, i've been seeing threads on other sites about the guilds that sell wins going into DF titan hard mode specifically to try and make them fail, so people running pugs will feel they have no other option than to buy wins. :\

If true, they should ban them too.

Not to mention how many admit to botting on those sites, who then probably just say they got banned from having too much gil. :P
    (19)

Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast