Character
    Danira Sunspear
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by ReplicaX View Post
    I sold a HQ Sargna /w 2 Melds for 1M.
    As a 50 Wvr/Fsh/Btn I play the market and supply demand.
    Gil really isn't an issue in this game as far as making it legitimately.

All I'm doing is saving up for FC housing since the prices are not announced.
    You may be legit but I'll bet my last gil that some players are able to pay these extortionate prices by buying gill.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kevin Caron
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacotto View Post
    Yes, and they told me I'd have to contact phone support. They said they thought my assertion as to how innocent accounts should be treated was correct but they couldn't confirm anything - I'd have to call for that.

I haven't spoken to one since phone support last bounced me back in the other direction.
    Next step is to tell phone support that the in-game GM sent you to phone support lol
    (2)

3. 10-11-2013 02:35 AM

Player
    Character
    Fried Chicken
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Bump just because.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yuri Ramona
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponifier View Post
    What happened to this thread?
    Deleted, of course. As with the prior mega-thread. This one is likely to go soon as well. As if that would stop players from posting about it and starting more and more threads? And wouldn't attract people's attention. (...something something... censorship... something)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Teebz Bekaru
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    ITT: WAY too many people saying "Gils" - Gil is singular AND plural. Would you say monies? No, so don't say gils... FISH have gills, ffxiv does not. (Except pugils... they have gills but that has nothing to do with the game's currency.)

</rant>
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Velev Cold
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Aenarion View Post
    Seems to like in this world you are guilty until proven innocent.

As for the quote sorry Aenarion, just wanted to ask you a quick question if that's ok.

Did you play FFXI?

and if so what server where you on?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fried Chicken
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Worst CS ever.
    (2)

Player

Bump - still waiting for answers.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mushy Tailspin
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_John View Post
    1,000,000 gil! How could somebody make that much money! People with over 500k should be banned!!!!!
    please be kidding... money is so easy to make in this game legit(not in the 10s of millions rapidly) but in another 2 months I should have a million.

You are kidding right?
    (0)
    MAGIC MUSHY ROOMS

Player
    Character
    Sapphic Meow
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebz View Post
    ITT: WAY too many people saying "Gils" - Gil is singular AND plural. Would you say monies? No, so don't say gils... FISH have gills, ffxiv does not. (Except pugils... they have gills but that has nothing to do with the game's currency.)

</rant>
    Yes you would use monies as it is grammatically correct in reference to the plural of money. Gil is a made up word, So Gils could be correct ^_^

Also, agree it isnt hard to make money.

But, and a big but.

When you sell something to another player, whether it's directly or through the Marketboard. You are not creating money, it is just a transference of monies from the buyer to the seller. If you sell items to a NPC vendor then you are creating gil. Or when you do Leves, quests, dungeons that give gil. They are some of the methods to create Gil legitemetly.

The problem is, SE should have a good idea how much Gil could be created within a specific time frame. Say for example a crafter or gatherer is running around with 50 million gil in the first week and SE checked the logs, did the maths and came to the conclusion that only 20 million could have been created legitemetly. Then theres 30 million plus that has been created by illigitemate methods.

So STF suspends teh player with 50 million. The player with the largest amount of exploited gil and rips most of it away. Which brings the balance of the total gil more in line with their calculations of the possible Gil created in the time frame.

Sucks to be the one with 50 million. But, for the overall health of the game. Was needed.

My 2 cents.
    (1)

12. 04-16-2015 12:39 AM

Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60