Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Lion Twee
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Sorry SE, but I will not be setting up a active subscription for FFXIV. I don't want to play a MMO where they ban first and ask questions later. (Especially with SE bad customer service record.) Who want to play a game where one have to question each action one do and ask oneself if the action may trigger some automatic RMT behavior filter.

SE did exactly the same in XI when I was playing it. SE started to ban people that sold certain items to a certain NPC, just because that some RMT had done the same. This was the tipping point when I stopped paying for my XI subscription back in the days.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Roscoe Ludovico
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    If you area high level crafter it's possible that someone who did make a RMT then purchased 500k of your goods to insta-pimp a fresh 50. The money trail would make you, temporarily, guilty by association, and that's just one example of how you could get caught in the dragnet. The methods they use to track RMT gil wouldn't be sophisticated enough to weed you out, you'll just have to wait a day or two for them to separate the real violators from the rest. The rest need to go, a day or two is worth it. SE has all the pertinent data and it is their interest to have a very high standard of proof for bans. I would never believe anyone that actually does get perma-banned then claims they did nothing wrong. The prisons are full of innocent people, just ask them.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Well, who knows who did what. SE will figure it out. Doing it this way is probably a good way to lose legitimate subscriptions tho.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Elysia Mazda
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Aenarion View Post
    No need, I didn't get suspended, and I'm quite a bit above 10mil.
    You're on a legacy server, which were untouched. He is not.
    (0)

Player

If you buy shards on the market, like I do, you have no idea how they were obtained.

Have I even unintentionally bought shards/mats from botters? It's quite likely, but it's the same for anyone else buying shards/mats off the in game market.

They should never have chance to get to the market in the first place, so ban the botters, not those who unintentionally buy their ill-gained mats off the market.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by scarebearz View Post
    If you buy shards on the market, like I do, you have no idea how they were obtained.

Have I even unintentionally bought shards/mats from botters? It's quite likely, but it's the same for anyone else buying shards/mats off the in game market.

They should never have chance to get to the market in the first place, so ban the botters, not those who unintentionally buy their ill-gained mats off the market.
    I'm fairly sure a lot of people who have ever bought shards bought them from a bot or two. Bots were mainly the ones selling them in 1.0 when shards were created through alchemy and cooking, and it was obvious by the retainer names selling them. Now SE has made them take so damn long to obtain, bots are still all over it and all over selling them for stupidly low prices. I haven't bothered to check on my legacy server, but now I'm curious if there are any obvious bot retainer names listed with 999 shard stacks for sell lol.

Well, I think this might be one:

Not stacks of 999, but the name is too bot-ish. Not like people who bot don't make retainers with normal names, but this one is very obvious.
    (0)
    Last edited by Reika; 09-28-2013 at 09:45 AM.

Player
    Character
    Elysia Mazda
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Reika View Post
    I'm fairly sure a lot of people who have ever bought shards bought them from a bot or two. Bots were mainly the ones selling them in 1.0 when shards were created through alchemy and cooking, and it was obvious by the retainer names selling them. Now SE has made them take so damn long to obtain, bots are still all over it and all over selling them for stupidly low prices. I haven't bothered to check on my legacy server, but now I'm curious if there are any obvious bot retainer names listed with 999 shard stacks for sell lol.
    The names aren't really that obvious, but it doesn't take that long to figure out which are the botters. I bought from one once, but quickly realized that it wasn't legit when I looked again the next day and it had 15,000 more shards on the market.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zultimus Seer
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    I from new server, yesterday, i got so happy for 1st time because all my HQ alumen and Materia sells well and earn almost 150k for the 1st time, i never made that much gil before but boom, after a while i getting suspended. And noted i only got 60k now in my char :/...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Reika Shadowheart
    World
    Durandal
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamemako View Post
    The names aren't really that obvious, but it doesn't take that long to figure out which are the botters. I bought from one once, but quickly realized that it wasn't legit when I looked again the next day and it had 15,000 more shards on the market.
    Yea, I'm pretty sure the cheapest sellers are selling bot-procured shards too, normal name or not.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mizu Hana
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    yea the STF killed half of its users in FFXI, guess their trying to start early and make it so theirs very few players in the game, cant even make money without getting banned lol...
    (1)

Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast