Player
    Character
    Prodigal Sorcerer
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50

Apple Juice...

Well, as one of the best synths in game to take CUL from 30-40 I am curious if others are having as many issues creating this (even at rank 35), as I am.

Started making it at rank 30, always get master support and drink a bottle before crafting.. At the start, I would break about 50% , if not more. As I ranked into 32-33 range it seem to get a little easier. Then at 34, back to breaking over 50% of synths (and attempts in general)... Maybe as I get closer to the rank of the synth I am supposed to fail more? Seems to be the same with other recipes in other crafts that require no training book. Maybe they up the difficulty on cynths that dont require books? Or, maybe this is just another day at the roulette table of crafting in this game....

Also, considering this synth only uses lightning shards.... Maybe i shouldnt see 4 different elements unstable in one attempt... Oh hey look i just failed another one!! YAY

I don't know but crafting really is one of the only challenges left in the game... and the only challenge to it is not killing yourself while trying to understand why you fail synths no matter what rank you attempt it at.

GG SE.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Narshala Beaumont
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 50
    apple juice be a pain in the butt at times. I just moved beyond apple juice myself as soon as I hit 33 I started herring balls which are higher rank and easier. Of course you need to catch oodles of malm kelp and herring to make this a worthwhile grind. the water and sunset wheat are easy though. With the help of some shell mates I am now sitting on around 500 kelp and I can get a full 99 stack of herring in a cpl hours usually.

I only do apple juice now when I hit a full stack of apples. Herring is a 1/24 synth vs apple juice being a 6/3 which is just annoying. Also love that people sell apples at like 1k each on my server yet no one will pony up 1k total for an apple juice. I am nearing 50 stacks of juice atm. If the apple juice apocalypse happens, I will be ready.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alise Reinhart
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Vesper View Post
    apple juice be a pain in the butt at times. I just moved beyond apple juice myself as soon as I hit 33 I started herring balls which are higher rank and easier. Of course you need to catch oodles of malm kelp and herring to make this a worthwhile grind. the water and sunset wheat are easy though. With the help of some shell mates I am now sitting on around 500 kelp and I can get a full 99 stack of herring in a cpl hours usually.

I only do apple juice now when I hit a full stack of apples. Herring is a 1/24 synth vs apple juice being a 6/3 which is just annoying. Also love that people sell apples at like 1k each on my server yet no one will pony up 1k total for an apple juice. I am nearing 50 stacks of juice atm. If the apple juice apocalypse happens, I will be ready.
    Where do you go fish the herring? what is the best spot for it to get it that much?
    (0)

FFXIV : ARR all instance boss gameplay video can be found here..
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Arikameow/videos?shelf_index=0&sort=dd&view=0

Player
    Character
    Narshala Beaumont
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Alise View Post
    Where do you go fish the herring? what is the best spot for it to get it that much?
    Only place currently in game for them is the school in Cedarwood. You need to hit the school then hit three other nodes to refresh it. Also there are more baits that work on indigo Herring than just Crab Balls. View my in progress chart to see what else does.

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com...entry?e=160499
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Valkyra Gratia
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 33
    Apple juice is horrible both in the amount of time it takes to gather enough for a synth grind, and the over and above amount of magic craft you need to not get a durability/success penalty. Support does basically nothing if it's not required for a synth btw. Been testing this for awhile doing a couple hundred synths with and without it at intervals. On average the same success rate.

A couple hours of fishing will net you 5x or more the amount of synths you'd get trying to farm apples, and they're easy to synth even without fish cleaning.
    (0)
    Where the horsebirds at?!

Player

At rank 30 it is way too soon to be synthing this item
    I would suggest doing hammerhead sharks to sand, or even pikes or ash tuna to sand instead

at around 33-35 applejuice will become much easier to synth so you arent wasting the mats to do it

i have a feeling this is one of those synths thatl get scaled back in its material cost so hopefuly...(even though ill be done with it by then)

also in that range id look into mulled tea if you do alot of botony, switching between the 3 regions and hitting the areas the items drop is an easy way to farm alot of mats for it

Player
    Character
    Valkyra Gratia
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 33
    Cedarwood (33,30), prefered bait is crab balls but lugworms work just fine.

Also http://www.disciplesoftheland.com/ has lots of good info for gathering.
    (0)
    Last edited by Radaghast; 05-13-2011 at 06:04 AM.
    Where the horsebirds at?!

Player

The thing about apple juice is it needs craftsmanship skill over magic craftsmanship skill I believe which may be why it feels so difficult to synthesis. I also have a ton of apple juice on me and it is very sad that it doesn't sell well. The ratio of 6 apples for 3 juices is simply a horrible cooking recipe which reduces the number of synthesis to skill up on. If they would just make it 2 apples to make 1 juice or make foods stack to greater then 12, it would greatly help players to raise cooking easier. One stack of apples turns to five stacks of juice so it is just a inventory space killer. Also I think 30 is the minimum rank requirement to make apple juice which is could be overly difficult.
    (0)