Player
    Character
    Heal Bus
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

So how will PvP work?

Will it be melee running on the skirts of a kiter getting spammed "you are not in range" or will it be casters and interrupters whipping out the rosary beads and lucky dice when it come to cast bar juking?

EDIT: If it wasn't obvious then this post is about the server delay and how it will work in a non scripted environment.
    (2)
    Last edited by HealBus; 09-27-2013 at 05:40 PM.

Player
    Character
    Serafall Lockheart
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    With the inherently significant delay that everyone gets due to servers updating positions every. 3 seconds or whatever, I can reasonably assume that pvp will be a massive shitfest with more emphasis on luck rather than skill.

But hey, at least the armor sets look cool.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Alexya Ultor
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    I think it'll be both, with BRD's dominating because of nearly full dps capability while mobile. Meanwhile, PLD's will only deal damage during Shield Bash stun, WAR's only during Brutal Swing/Holmgang (if they're lucky and lag doesn't root them out of range) and caster's will be stuck using instants except for the times where they are able to CC someone long enough to get a cast off.

I envision parties of BRD's with a single healer zoning in and just focus firing the enemy to death without losing more than 10-20% of their teams overall health in the process.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Ramsey Asterdahl
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 60
    The healer would be totally unnecessary. Unless there are some absolutely mind-shattering PvP abilities to change the balance, 4 bards will dominate.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Still Sparrow
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    yeah, i dunno. i hope they fix the melee range issues. as it is PvP is pretty much going to be a ranged-only affair.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kupo Storaifo
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 76
    Well DRG has spinshatter dive, which lunges the character towards the target. But also, I would hope teams work together to OUTSMART the enemy team rather than OUTPOWER them.
    (0)

When all else fails, Heck the Bed.

Player
    Character
    Ramsey Asterdahl
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKupo View Post
    Well DRG has spinshatter dive, which lunges the character towards the target. But also, I would hope teams work together to OUTSMART the enemy team rather than OUTPOWER them.
    You cannot outsmart the ability of someone to continuously move away from you at full speed while doing full damage to you.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Balaur Bondoc
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Please note that Yoshida has informed us that players will get a totally different skillset than the one employed as battle classes for PvP. As is, their current skills are balanced only for PvE. Making a separate skillset for PvP removes the need to balance them for one another, and thus creating classic "flavors of the month," where classes go through cycles of whose better for what. And because of this, all these arguments about what skills are most useful amount to nothing but smoke.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Leonas Dias
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    At the current rate, PVP IS Something I would not wish to participate in on my main, which is MNK.

I honestly don't feel like getting kited to death by BRDs, and even with shoulder tackle gap closer, chasing them, right on top of them, and skill saying out of range anyway.

Unless they give a special pvp ability per class that causes heavy, then this'll be a massive lulzfest of BRD.
    (0)
    When all is lost,
    All is in vain.
    When Good and Evil,
    Unite in pain.
    Rivers of swords must join as one,
    Only then shall the spell be undone.

Player
    Character
    Aeria Scarlet
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Balaur View Post
    Please note that Yoshida has informed us that players will get a totally different skillset than the one employed as battle classes for PvP. As is, their current skills are balanced only for PvE. Making a separate skillset for PvP removes the need to balance them for one another, and thus creating classic "flavors of the month," where classes go through cycles of whose better for what. And because of this, all these arguments about what skills are most useful amount to nothing but smoke.
    Calling 100% bullshit that SE will actually go through with this. They'll release PVP with all the same abilities and say they'll create a separate system some time later (never).
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast