Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Ramsey Asterdahl
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 60
    I'm fairly certain classes will get "additional" abilities for PvP, but they are not having their skills entirely reworked for PvP, this was explained clearly as they do not wish for users to have to completely relearn their class as if they are playing it for the first time in PvP. You can expect the obligatory get-out-of-CC abilities etc. But not an entire PvP overhaul.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rynhart Caz
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I have to say that from the few videos I have seen...it didn't really impress me. Of course the overall experience will be dependent upon the so called PVP skillset that battle classes will have that are supposedly designed for PVP in mind. If done correctly it could be a lot of fun..if done incorrectly it will be a chaotic nightmare for everyone..but especially for mages with are crazy cast times.

I can see it now "No line of sight on your target"..over and over as they run behind a well placed wall and my attack is cancelled out.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lyote Sharaia
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Im thinking they will let Tanks be Tanks in PvP. Let Enmity stack up as a damage reduction debuff, clearing only if the Target starts attacking the tank who applied it. Would make for some very interesting clashes with the Tanks capable of protecting their healers.
    An easy, and i do mean easy way to fix bards for PvP, is to simply change the potency on their skills to be low while moving. Something like the Monk positional damage bonuses, let the Bards get 'Steady Aim' when they stop for 2 seconds, which buffs the potencies of their shots back to normal. Now they're normal damage while moving, But great damage if they stop and take aim.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Natiya Kyska
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Bards mobility won't be nearly as much of a problem as it is standing around for up to 30 seconds at a time as WHMs and BLMs lock you down with sleeps while they pick off your team one by one.

They need to address both issues however. Beyond that it'll just be a bunch of silly bads QQing, which I always laugh at in every PvP game.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tear Grant
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    BRD will be king/easy-mode and melee will be shat upon.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vektrat Pirineu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Chronos Raum
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 25
    The only way I can see this working, is by making threat abilities force that person to attack the taunter.

Otherwise BRDs will dominate.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aro Mephista
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    PvP sounds fun. I hope you will be able to gain exp 30+, it would be a nice alternate way to level up!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Leonas Dias
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Flionheart View Post
    The only way I can see this working, is by making threat abilities force that person to attack the taunter.

Otherwise BRDs will dominate.
    Actually, in a 2v2 and etc. BLM+BLM or BLM+WHM will steamroll a 2xBRD mainly because of that massive fricken sleep. Any BLM and/or WHM stacked team will be on top, just cause sleep would be overpowered beyond believe unless it has severe diminishing returns.
    (0)
    When all is lost,
    All is in vain.
    When Good and Evil,
    Unite in pain.
    Rivers of swords must join as one,
    Only then shall the spell be undone.

Player
    Character
    Laifon Covey
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 52
    Casting skills without having to face your target.. hmmm... Best pinger wins..?
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast