Thread: Summoner tips?

Player
    Character
    Kaane Moka
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    I see a lot of times people said Thunder is not worth using. To me, I see it is worth it since I can manage my mana pool. Don't know what others think?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zelia Sarrasin
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by LionKing View Post
    I see a lot of times people said Thunder is not worth using. To me, I see it is worth it since I can manage my mana pool. Don't know what others think?
    Use Thunder.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Spythe West
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 44
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevee View Post
    Well if it's a personal issue/preference, that's fine.

You even acknowledge the time difference.

Have my LIKE.
    Thanks for the like and I only been playing a SMN at 50 for a day so still getting use to it may change up the rotation later down the line. What do you suggest for adds that don't have much life? Full row of dots to a fester or half dots to ruin spam?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zelia Sarrasin
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Spythe View Post
    snip
    Can you give an example of low-HP adds?

Only thing I can think of is Garuda, and for that(if you even kill the feathers), you should have a higher timer so you can Bane right as they spawn.

Maybe the first boss in AK? Bane the DoTs on the Golems if you can, if you can't Thunder-> Miasma -> Ruin Spam. Make sure to use OBEY so your pet helps.

Demon Wall? Should be able to Bane on to the Gnats. If not(and if you have a melee LBing one of them since you don't have enough DPS to ignore them), Obey your pet on to the one that is being LB'd on, start putting your full DoTs on the other.

For last boss of AK I always tell whoever else is in the party to ignore the add, as it's best for SMN to take care of it(full rotation of DoTs), as we will still have DoTs rolling on the boss anyways.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kevee; 09-30-2013 at 01:01 AM.

Player
    Character
    Arcanis Bladewing
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    if you have vent, and you guys are raiding harder content (which means there's usually a countdown), always hard cast shadowflare during the countdown when the situation allows it. right when the tank is counting down from ''3 2 1''.
    (0)
    Last edited by glim; 09-30-2013 at 02:03 AM.

Player
    Character
    Spythe West
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 44
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevee View Post
    Can you give an example of low-HP adds?
    Guess the only fight I can think of would be in Praetorium speed runs, 2 bosses have small adds with barely any HP so its not worth putting up a full set of dots but you still want to do dmg to them. Coil up to turn 2, the only thing I can think about is the oozes which are extremely risky to dot in the first place and probably not the best idea to have a SMN do them. I guess its really not a big deal til they add more content or move from Praetorium bosses to HMs.

Think I'm just link Thunder to Miasma II for trash and when I have Contagion up.

Ah got 1, the stone jail on Titan.
    (0)
    Last edited by Spythe; 09-30-2013 at 02:09 AM.

Player
    Character
    Alizebeth Bequin
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    If you have a fester (and you should, because you can anticipate the gaols), you should always 3 set the dots and then fester, then move into ruin spam.

Assuming the add lasts 10 seconds,

Ruin spam : 80 p/gcd, 320 p
    Bio->ruin spam : 120p + 240p = 360p
    Bio->Bio2->ruin spam : 120p + 70p + 160p = 350p
    Bio->Bio2->fester (or Bio2->bio|fester)->ruin spam : 120 + 70 + 200 + 160 = 550p
    Bio2->Miasma->bio|fester->ruin: 105 + 90 + 40 + 300 + 80 = 615p

And that is with unlucky (lowest possible) number of ticks.

So full rack of dots + fester is almost double the potency of ruin spam itself, and a half rack of dots is about the same, better if it dies sub 8 or so seconds. Furthermore, if it lasts more than 10 seconds, obviously more dots is more dps.

You shouldn't need to keep your attention on the gaol for longer than it takes to fester once, and maybe ruin->ruin2 to finish off that 10 seconds.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3