Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Takeshi Eiketsu
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I dont really have a problem with Anima and I only have one account. Yes Im a casual player, but thats because Im married, have a job, AND go to school. Once Im out of school Ill go hardcore like I did in XI, but I still dont see how its NOT someones own fault for their anima running out. Careful planning and making the right choices of when to use and your fine.

PS. Though, your not the only one that wants Chocobos now...I want them too, I just dont see a plausable way of doing them now.

Player
    Character
    Immortal Lala
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I'd say just [insert some story/lore here] and the chocobo population has increased to the point where we can rent them out to adventurers now! Then allow us to rent them at the city and preferably camps as well. Hell they don't even have to make the lore ingame, just post on the lodestone. Their goal is to attract people back, not provide some well thought out story as to why we can now rent chocobos but couldn't 8 months ago(they were sick?)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shyd Etine
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Velhart View Post
    1. Laziness
    2. Area is surrounded by high level enemies.
    3. Need to get to a party or NM quickly.

4. Chocobo music is sweet traveling music!
    (0)

Vicious Linkshell
    www.viciouslinkshell.com

Player

me 2 cents.

my solution is easy... implement all the transportation.

w/ grand compaines... if the region you wish to teleport is under beastmen control, you can't teleport.

sorta like... ffxi w/ outpost warps.
    (0)
    ~~ To Thine Own Self be True ~~

Player
    Character
    Takeshi Eiketsu
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Like I said earlier I think it boils down to making the game more playable and worthy of a monthly fee, than giving us a mode of transportation.

Player
    Character
    Jerbird Leone
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Well, first off, I think chocobos could be very useful for a number of reasons:

1) I not only use chocobos to get from point A to point B, but I also ride them for fun. Chocobos would serve as protection to explorers moving through vast new areas with high speed movement and zero aggro along the way. Since there's no King Kupofried magic to enable week-long quickened status, like in FF XI, or prism powders/silent oils, this is the only other option for players.

2) The biggest factor going against chocobos/airships etc. is the teleportation system. I see it working in 2 ways.

A) You have a realm where players who have less time on their hands like to get a few hours in and teleport around to the different cities and camps. Chocobos are a nice option, but they may want the quicker solution.

B) Then you have the hardcore players you clock in numerous hours of gameplay everday and use an exceeding number on anima to get levesquests completed, NM parties set up around the world, exploring uncharted locations and hamlets, and more. Eventually you either end up running everywhere (which is a pain in the ass without quickened status) or you teleport to every location you need to get to in time. If you choose to save anima and enjoy the scenic route or want to have the chance to ride a chocobo for the thrills, you can rent one in the city or any nearby camp and take off.

I can see either of these options given to players in the future, but my question is: Why not give players more choices in the game? Have the choice to teleport and waste all your anima -- or spend your gil on a bird and go wherever you want!

Airships are another story, and think chocobos would be best implemented first over the ships. I've located most, if not all the airship docks around the continent of Aldenard and I can understand the lack of their presence at the moment. Almost all the docks are fairly close to a camp anyways, that you can already just teleport to. Each city has their own hidden airship dock on higher/lower levels, they just have no access to the them at the moment. Maybe in the future when more areas become unlocked and more content is added they will become more relevant.

All in all, I think the birds have more of a presence and place here and now. I think they should focus on implementing them first and adding them to all cities and camps for ease of access.

Who knows? Maybe after we get them implemented we can obtain our own personal chocobo for travel and also use them to store items as another retainer/pack mule source out in the field. That's another addition to adding the birds. Maybe your bird can be used to transport items to a friend out in the field also? Just another idea... More options, the better in my opinion.
    (1)
    Last edited by Leonesaurus; 05-18-2011 at 10:48 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2