Player
    Character
    Orbys Draconis
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50

Aethernet Improvements.

Am I the only one that feels like several of the Aethernets are misplaced? Seems like in every map there is areas I really wish I could just teleport to but cant. The biggest one is Vesper Bay. Several story quests lead you back here, yet the closest location is Horizon, which granted isn't that far, but its still a pain.

I wish outside maps worked just like city maps. There should be one large Crystal at a main town, and every other encampment, or point of interest should have a mini crystal that will allow inner map travel.

Lastly why the hell does it cost so much money to teleport?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Gentle Starlight
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbital-Dragon View Post
    Am I the only one that feels like several of the Aethernets are misplaced? Seems like in every map there is areas I really wish I could just teleport to but cant. The biggest one is Vesper Bay. Several story quests lead you back here, yet the closest location is Horizon, which granted isn't that far, but its still a pain.

I wish outside maps worked just like city maps. There should be one large Crystal at a main town, and every other encampment, or point of interest should have a mini crystal that will allow inner map travel.

Because you would level up nearly as often as you should if you could just teleport everywhere and use the aethernet everywhere. There's a reason why only the cities have the net and the outside ones don't.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rain Arrows
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbital-Dragon View Post

I agree that you should be able to teleport to Vesper Bay and not have to choco in from Horizon every time...that gets really old fast.
    (1)

Server: BEHEMOTH
    FC: CASCADIA
    Playing since Beta phase 3

Player

Actually the devs said the absence of an Atheryte Crystal in Vesper Bay is intentional because of certain story events.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ramsez Ristelen
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    teleport cost a lot because it is needed for the gil sink
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Orbys Draconis
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    Yeah well that is another big issue in this game. The gil sink is much higher then the gil gain. Once people run out of quests and stop making gold from them the rich are just going to get richer and the poor will not have any money, and very little ways of attaining it.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ramsez Ristelen
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    yeah if you just enjoying the game and play casually, i doubt it you will have lot of gil
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Blaine Craner
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 52
    Bah, I like the chocobos. I prefer to use those. =)
    Gives me time to stand up and stretch, or get a coke and cookies.
    It's JUST two minutes to get o the place. Come on... people get butt hurt over 2 minutes? Next you guys will tell me that even teleporting is too slow and everything in the game should be instantaneous. That instead of a world to enjoy you should just have a list similar to leves, but with unique story fluff.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lalani Ravenblade
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    For those who don't know already, you can also get to Vesper Bay by ferry:
    1. Go to Limsa Lominsa.
    2. Aethernet to the Arcanist's Guild.
    3. Walk west and take the ferry (200 gil).

Of course, if you have to teleport to Limsa and then take the ferry, then this could end up costing more gil than going to Horizon. Alternatively, like the poster above me does, you could teleport to Horizon and then take the chocobo porter.
    (0)

Character
    Noel Kreiss
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanlord View Post
    teleport cost a lot because it is needed for the gil sink
    Well, they kinda made it up from it Lore wise.
    They need the Gil for something something about something to keep Aetherltes going or something.
    I dunno, I think they told you when you first touched the lyte in your starter city.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast