Player
    Character
    Cid Bojangles
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Juubi View Post
    I've seen many mmos nerf their content if the majority of players dislike the difficulty level (eg Diablo III Inferno Mode) so HM Titan will assuredly be hit with the nerf hammer sooner or later
    Diablo 3 isn't a MMO genius.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Krell Ynjynor
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by HoroBoro View Post
    I'd rather them nerf lag soon.
    lag is hard not ddr online, err i mean xiv:aar
    (0)

Player
    Character
    C'mohn Nunh
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Juubi View Post
    I've seen many mmos nerf their content if the majority of players dislike the difficulty level (eg Diablo III Inferno Mode) so HM Titan will assuredly be hit with the nerf hammer sooner or later
    This has already been confirmed. All Current End-Game gets weakened when 'New' End-Game gets released.

This means that with the release of 2.1 (and Nightmare Mode Ifrit and Garuda) we will have 3 'Vicious' End-Game Primals (NM Ifrit, NM Garuda, HM Titan).

Patch 2.2 releases the mighty LEVIATHAN, the King of Summons from Final Fantasy IV, the seadrake worshiped by the Sahagin. In Patch 2.2 we will also likely see the release of NM Titan, and the addition of ECHO to the HM Primals (it has been confirmed that the HM Primals will have ECHO added to them at a later point, which means that yes, in about February or March, we will likely see everyone with Relics, as ECHO will allow anyone to continuously wipe for huge stat buffs. When ECHO is added to HM Primals, it will also likely get added to AK.)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kytheren Kenni
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Obysuca View Post
    It's not that a fight is hard, it's just people can't dodge crap, making an easy fight hard
    I don't know if this is a troll comment or genuine opinion, but I'm getting rather tired of perceptions like this.
    Now I'm sure that a small percentage of players are genuinely bad, but what I see most often is lag screwing players over.

Titan is a relatively long (5m+) fight in which a lag spike is more likely to occur. When these lag spikes occur, especially in the final phase, you are likely to die. Other than receive 0, sometimes the server will hiccup in its tracking of your position. You have any idea how many times I would be 90 degrees from landslide and get knocked off the ring adjacent to the line it was targeting? You have any idea how frustrating that is?

There's only one way I have been able to win Titan. After countless fights, memorizing each phase to a point of instinctual movement. Automatic anticipation of what he does before he does it, moving seconds before his attack even registers to give the server plenty of time to register my location. Sometimes for fun I'll run back into WoTL and laugh as it doesn't hit me.

Rant over, I suppose.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Ryujin Uzikin
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigul View Post
    I don't know but, boss battles that follow a pattern, I don't see them being hard honestly.
    People who don't get that are just terrible gamers.

It's like a news article that said that this gen of gamers can't even beat the first level of Mario bros.

I see a huge difference between veteran players and kids these days. Games now hold your hand and don't require much thinking. Old games required you to memorize patterns in order to beat them. It's only logical that old school gamers have a better chance at seeing through Titan's pattern than new age gamers.

Player
    Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I have 9/9 relics fought Titan a lot of times, you could compare it to an old NES game like Ninja Gaiden or Megaman. Memorizing a simple pattern he does is not hard at all.

I can garantee you people who say its hard have never tried to memorize his pattern. As in if you premove from ripples because you know the exact moment they come out you will never die. People like to blame dying on lag but there really isn't lag on this fight, its the lack of understanding the animation is delayed and what the game goes by is cast bar. The other issue I see people die to is rock bombs, they don't know the pattern and how to avoid them.

Just like any Megaman boss you memorize the bosses pattern and you get an easy win.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Dusty Boots
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    I have 9/9 relics fought Titan a lot of times, you could compare it to an old NES game like Ninja Gaiden or Megaman. Memorizing a simple pattern he does is not hard at all.

I can garantee you people who say its hard have never tried to memorize his pattern. As in if you premove from ripples because you know the exact moment they come out you will never die. People like to blame dying on lag but there really isn't lag on this fight, its the lack of understanding the animation is delayed and what the game goes by is cast bar. The other issue I see people die to is rock bombs, they don't know the pattern and how to avoid them.

lol you really don't get it do you? if the tells are being loaded to the client late so is the cast bar being loaded late and so are the graphics which tell you he's about to do something you memorized so you can move early. now think about it for a minute or fifty till the obvious sinks in.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Sir Foxeh
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by dRakk View Post
    Not even hard though.
    this, 99% of wipes probably come from dps/healers not avoiding plumes and landslide so they aren't alive to endurance after the heart phase. Lack of experience is the only thing that makes this fight hard.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Olan Durai
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    The modern MMORPG design is such that an encounter ought to be beatable with sheer reflex in response to the available cues given. That is if you see a message like "JUMP TWICE NOW" and you were quick enough to jump twice, you'd clear that mechanism even if you had no idea it's coming. In FF14, it's more like you've to be already jumping when you see the above message because the lag means you can't finish your second jump on time. Sure you can get around this by memorizing, but as WoW found out with its add-ons, having an encounter whose only difficulty depends on memorization is futile. It's not genuinely difficult, but it sure gets you a lot of angry customers.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ryios Locke
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 68
    They will nerf titan by releasing Ultimate Mode and making it drop a wep better than Relic.
    (0)

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast