Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Xatsh Vei
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    They will nerf it when something better comes out per the devs... still think that is a stupid idea though.

But honestly, titan hardmode is not really hard. It just requires people to Dodge and do enough dmg to the heart. If you do that you win every time... it is really that easy.

Know the bomb paterns and where to run... dodge knockback and eruption things. Healers use aoe heals on stops... and you win.

Most important thing is run with a guild/static... and stop using DF for it. That will increase success rate 20 fold.

Word of advice on anyone having issues, learn the bosses patterns. Every fight in XIV ARR is 100% scripted, if you learn the patterns you know what is coming and it is easily avoidable. The bosses patterns are exactly the same every time, unless you deal enough dmg to skip a phase.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Hostar Harokan
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Titan isn't hard because of the mechanics. He's hard because of a dated and flawed netcode system. Even on 50 ping (I play JP connection to JP servers) I was still hitting hit by Titan AOE (despite being WELL out of it on my screen BEFORE it disappeared)

Given his margin for error (basically none. Get hit by one AOE and you're cooked. Sometimes you can take a bomb hit or ground floor hit but it's still 50/50 if you live) you can see why most aren't clearing.

Garuda gets cleared constantly by most because you can screw up so bad and still kill him.
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Seraph Khalid
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    Well until you guys have played this on PS3 with a throttling connection (looks like you're doing the fight solo...) then you are just bad if you can't beat Titan (or rather, I should say want a nerf on titan). I mean animations delays (PS3) + positioning lag (throttling)? If you want a challenge in this game stop playing easy mode on your PCs. It' one thing when you have to react faster because the animation doesn't start until 50% of the cast time (so you know where to move) but when you have to move 20 yalms out of range with atleast 1 second of clearance? And don't get me started when all of the party members are still visually at the starting point and they tell you to spread out for the plumes. Oh and plumes spawn in waves due to throttling?
    (1)

Character
    Skadi Frostborn
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I can do Titan HM with 300 ping from Malta. Its one of the easiest fights because it require no reaction skills. Its a prediction fight with pre-scripted attacks.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Marina Amrita
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Why nerf it? So the average joe duty finder group can do it in their white gear and AF1?
    It's not even a hard fight, it's just a dance.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Edda Menubrea
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by UBERHAXED View Post
    Well until you guys have played this on PS3 with a throttling connection (looks like you're doing the fight solo...) then you are just bad if you can't beat Titan (or rather, I should say want a nerf on titan). I mean animations delays (PS3) + positioning lag (throttling)? If you want a challenge in this game stop playing easy mode on your PCs. It' one thing when you have to react faster because the animation doesn't start until 50% of the cast time (so you know where to move) but when you have to move 20 yalms out of range with atleast 1 second of clearance? And don't get me started when all of the party members are still visually at the starting point and they tell you to spread out for the plumes. Oh and plumes spawn in waves due to throttling?
    PC gets this too, the entire game is extremely unresponsive, and this is what needs a nerf, not the mechanics themselves.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Scary Lyehga
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    people need to just stop being lazy and get geared up for stuff they r all just skipping stuff and dont want to do things in order cuz they want that relic so silly :P
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Trenma Mazix
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Only hard thing about it is getting 7 other people to also learn his rotation of skills (though after the heart you almost carry 2 people through the fight).

I have an average ping of 130-140ms to the JP servers and haven't had a single problem with it. As Ghasto put it, the primal fights are basically a dance of skill rotations (in, out, in, out).
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Misaky Darkwalker
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    something is wrong here.. its not Titan that is hard, its the game mechanics that need a big lag nerf..
    everytime he does a push skill, theres 50/50 chance that you dodged.. even thou you dodge it in your screen 99% of the times.
    and the worst part, is that if you "dodge" it in your screen and place your self in his side, you will get pushed to a completely different direction.. like.. the push is towards South, but you walk to near him and have him standing at your right.. then you will receive the laggy push to East o.O
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Seraph Khalid
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Menubrea View Post
    PC gets this too, the entire game is extremely unresponsive, and this is what needs a nerf, not the mechanics themselves.
    There's no animation delay on PC. I have play this game on both (and beat Titan on PS3). On PC, when he starts the attack, the Landslide/Plume will appear on the ground. On PS3, 50-60% through the cast time, the Landslide/Plume appears on the ground. You do not play on PS3 and therefore could not know this. Moreover, PS3 players simply have to have faster reaction times because they have less time to escape from the time the damage area loads on the screen.
    (0)

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast