Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Fei Fenris
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Honestly Titan HM isn't as hard as people make it seem just people don't know to dodge on the fly. I'm not sure why but people seem to have issues with moving out of the danger zones immediately that are clearly marked.

I hope its not nerfed though, cause if you can't beat Titan HM how do you think you can even beat the mini boss ADS in Turn 1 Coil?
    (1)
    Last edited by xXHalloweenTrixXx; 10-27-2013 at 11:33 PM.
    Are you an internet e-thug?

I laugh cause you fake. CX

Player
    Character
    Genesis Dumah
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    I agree and some people seem a bit cocky on this thread saying that If you have to pay to get through it you don't deserve end game content. I disagree to a degree of that, alot of help that you get with pugs or even forming your own group there seems to be alot of delay. Or you get people who want to finish their casting before they move out of the zone which is complete bs. Im a great DPS but I cant seem to get in a group where the healers are on their A Game or the DPS know how to dodge attacks, Sure it took me a few titan runs to learn to dodge myself, those plumes can be tricky. Saying that someone doesnt deserve Endgame content just cause you somehow found a group that worked for you is very cocky and ignorant.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aramil Souldrifter
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Titan is more frustrating than hard. I am sold of tough fights, but the more I attempt this fight the random bugs are making me want to turn the game off. This morning I get on and at end of first phase I have full hp jumps hits mid we are all stacked on tank for heal and half the party dies. So went from around 3800 HP to dead and no one else was say below 70% health. Or when I am completely out of landslide and goes off and 2 seconds later I fly off. I think If SE fixes the random crap this fight is winnable on the first attempt, with a player in a mix of ilvl 60-70 gear and knows the fight.

This fight doesn't need to be nerfed it needs to be fixed.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Katai Ceres
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaylis View Post
    Titan is more frustrating than hard. I am sold of tough fights, but the more I attempt this fight the random bugs are making me want to turn the game off. This morning I get on and at end of first phase I have full hp jumps hits mid we are all stacked on tank for heal and half the party dies. So went from around 3800 HP to dead and no one else was say below 70% health. Or when I am completely out of landslide and goes off and 2 seconds later I fly off. I think If SE fixes the random crap this fight is winnable on the first attempt, with a player in a mix of ilvl 60-70 gear and knows the fight.

This fight doesn't need to be nerfed it needs to be fixed.
    They said they're going to attack this problem in 2.1 for primals and Coil. Hopefully their "fix" works.

As a side note, people have been asking for this fix since 1.0 and ARR was supposed to be the answer... yet here we are closing in on patch 2.1 with the same hope.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Hayley Westenra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    I've been slacking on getting my character leveled up with his jobs, so I was just rushing towards the Titan fight for story mode. I actually want/NEED to get my AF if I even stand a chance for the story mode fight. I know I'm probably going to have trouble if I do the HM version. My laptop's screen isn't that big, I have window mode on at 1280x720 because my laptop will get hot if I go full-screen, my Internet randomly kicks me off, and so forth. With saying those things, yeah, I know Titan is going to be one (Bio) (Tachi) to defeat. I don't think I could get DL seeing as I have not completed Story Mode...
    (0)

Player

So I decided to queue up for Titan HM the other day and of the 7 pug groups I was matched with we all 1 shot the boss.

Is this still a thing? I'm on the JP server cluster if it matters.
    (0)

Character
    Yam Face
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Paks View Post
    So I decided to queue up for Titan HM the other day and of the 7 pug groups I was matched with we all 1 shot the boss.

Try NA servers. People jump inside the aoe thinking the boss is a joke. ilv28 gear. "first time . . . boy i wonder what this boss does :>".
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Too Easy
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Titan hard is easy mode for me, I can't wait for Titan extreme! That is going to be fun.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kaguya Houraisan
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 61
    Quote Originally Posted by Paks View Post

I've went in as PLD for killing time, took the typical Landslide at 20% but they still beat it.

DF isn't nearly as bad as some people say.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Divus Valkyrja
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I used to blame lag on the Titan fight until I learned the actual mechanics of the game. People prefer to blame other things rather than themselves because

Here are some helpful tips at defeating these mechanics:
    1. Never use an ability or finish casting if you are in the AOE.

2. Focus on just running the moment you see the AOE under you. If you have lag issues then learning the pattern of the fights are what is most important for you in reacting before those actions even appear.

3. Pay attention to AOE timers. You can run through animations as long as you were not in the AOE at the end of its casting timer.

5. Titan has 5 phases. There is a pattern in every phase. Learn it and this fight will become an easy obstacle.

6. Don't tunnel vision yourself. Keep your eyes moving. You can easily set a routine where your eyes follow a path. Here is an example a of what some DDs may follow (everyone has their own set path):
    Your HP/MP/TP (use abilities that restores HP/MP/TP if low ) -> Boss HP bar ( check for boss using abilities ) -> Your Position (where you make adjustments if you are standing on top of AOE ) -> Check your CDs ( your ability rotations ) -> repeat.

When it comes to video games, game mechanics can be anything from latency (ping) issues to frame rate drops. Not every game will have the same game mechanics.
    (1)
    Last edited by OxTitan; 11-27-2013 at 01:47 PM.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast