Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Edwin Li
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    It not the Difficult that kills most of the players in Titan HM.

It is the bloody animation delay the game has now with processing things through animation.

You can be out of a AoE attack you'll still be hit unless you're at least 2 seconds out of the hit box. Not even the old school games had animation delay issues with their games. This game it is basically "oh god oh god! YES I'm out of AoE hit box! *still git hit by AoE attack* Son of.... *Game display Troll face image for 1 second* "

You all can say the old school games are hard or way harder but those games didn't suffer from animation delays like FF14 does. If there were no animation delays in FF14 then we would be seeing a lot more successful groups but with animation delays a lot of people are being killed because they don't reacted naturally within 0.5 seconds of a cast time of a plume or land slide attack during phase 5.

SE needs to fix the bloody animation delay and then we will have less of a issue for Titan HM with people complaining its hard because really it is not hard but the the issue is simply the animation delay not processing the characters position fast enough when they're out of the AoE hit box.
    (4)
    Last edited by EdwinLi; 10-27-2013 at 03:38 PM.

Character
    Risae Nyan
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwinLi View Post
    It not the Difficult that kills most of the players in Titan HM.

It is the bloody animation delay the game has now with processing things through animation.

You can be out of a AoE attack you'll still be hit unless you're at least 2 seconds out of the hit box. Not even the old school games had animation delay issues with their games. This game it is basically "oh god oh god! YES I'm out of AoE hit box! *still git hit by AoE attack* Son of.... *Game display Troll face image for 1 second* "

You all can say the old school games are hard or way harder but those games didn't suffer from animation delays like FF14 does. If there were no animation delays in FF14 then we would be seeing a lot more successful groups but with animation delays a lot of people are being killed because they don't reacted naturally within 0.5 seconds of a cast time of a plume or land slide attack during phase 5.
    MEMORY LIMITATIONS

You may thank Obama.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ryuko Kanzeon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Unless you are lagging horribly, all this fight requires is memorization. You need to memorize exactly which abilities come in what order, and then you will NEVER get hit by plumes. You can run even before you see them. Landslide, on the other hand, is more of a wild card. It is 'easier' to dodge in that you technically have more time to get out of it, but you can't just start moving like you can with plumes because you don't know who it will be targeting.

Once a player gets out of the mindset that he or she can 'wait' until plumes spawn to move, this fight because easy as cake. Just move ahead of time. I rarely (if ever!) get hit because I'm so far out of it by the time it spawns that only a huge lag spike could kill me.

Now, is it right that we have to anticipate moves and move ahead of time to reliably get out of them? No, but I suspect that the reason the abilities go in the SAME order for the five phases of Titan is because SE assumed people WOULD have lag issues. The same ability rotation is a way for these players to 'prepare' for the situation and act accordingly.

I really don't know 'how' they will nerf this fight. Perhaps they'll make everything do less damage? Maybe they'll extend the time you have to get out of everything? OR MAYBE THEY WILL FIX THE POSITIONING ISSUES? One can only hope.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Olan Durai
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuko View Post
    Unless you are lagging horribly, all this fight requires is memorization.
    WoW recalled this kind of failure in design which they no longer use. Unfortunately SE is apparently the company who never got the memo. MMORPG do not revolve around memorization anymore, because memorization gets defeated by tools. It can be sophisticated like add-ons in WoW, or it can be a macro like "OMG WOTL <se.1>!!!!" It doesn't add any depth, but it sure makes your player very mad.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Ryuko Kanzeon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
    WoW recalled this kind of failure in design which they no longer use. Unfortunately SE is apparently the company who never got the memo. MMORPG do not revolve around memorization anymore, because memorization gets defeated by tools. It can be sophisticated like add-ons in WoW, or it can be a macro like "OMG WOTL <se.1>!!!!" It doesn't add any depth, but it sure makes your player very mad.
    I think the fact that this fight requires memorization actually makes it too easy. There is a reason people farm this, beating it consistently every time, and even selling runs to carries... While other people can't beat it after two hours of wiping. Ifrit (Extreme) in 1.0 was hard because there was a randomized element to it, even if some mechanics always triggered at certain times. Add the lag to the mix and the fight was nearly impossible to beat without at least someone dying. Like I said, I feel the 'ordered' abilities was a lazy way to make the fight beatable for people who do have latency problems.

Add DBM to the mix, and this fight would be ridiculously easy. A huge announcement would pop up on your screen saying, "PLUMES COMING: MOVE" while an audio recording would warn you to, "Run away, little girl... run away..." It would be way too easy. Having someone on a voicechat program TELLING you when to move basically amounts to the same thing. If you are warned, "Okay, run as soon as stomps are over," you don't have to work at all. And you know what? PEOPLE STILL DIE. I don't understand it. I spoonfeed some people and they still don't move ahead of time. Like I said... unless you are getting hit by landslides consistently (which means your lag really is THAT bad), there is no excuse to get hit by plumes.

Running ahead of time is not a fix. It is a work-around. I feel like the 'extreme' versions will be more randomized and reactive than the 'hard' versions... but that DOESN'T fix the latency or positioning issues, which will crawl back to the surface the seconds players can't 'predict' what is going to come next. I'm wondering if the extreme versions are being delayed as SE attempts to find a fix to the positioning issues.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Olan Durai
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuko View Post
    I think the fact that this fight requires memorization actually makes it too easy.
    The fight is easy because the only significant source of difficulty is lag, which can be defeated by memorization. It has nothing to do with the fact that the abilities are always cast in a certain order. An example of a mechanism that can defeat memorization would be say on Garuda, suppose you add 50% to Chirada and Suparna's HP, increase cleave damage by 200%, and reduce the area you've to fight them by 25%. So now it's imperative to ensure all 3 are tanked in a spot without any overlapping cleave. You can make a macro like "SPREAD OUT <se.1>" but that's not going to tell a player how to do it. It's still up to the player to actually be able to recognize where he needs to go.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shinjee Takizawa
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    It's sad, but likely true.. I don't think there is anything wrong with the fight now. There isn't anything truly or overly hard about it, it's fairly easy to move out of everything or to at least minimize your incoming damage.. I would hope that they would just leave it alone, but they probably wont :/
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kaguya Houraisan
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 61
    Quote Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
    Woah, WoW stopped with this?
    I remember doing Firelands and The Bastion of Twilight was like taking a freaking test... no wonder so many people quit on that expansion.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Silver Healer
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Maybe PS3 controllers don't work so well for Titan ?

I dunno how they can make this easier .

I basically levelled 2 tanks from 15 - 50 in dungeons only no fates .

I have seen utter fail every single group almost where people just cant get out of the red / AOE .

So having seen this fail I expect nothing less than fail in Titan . I don't know if its lag or people just cant move due to slow reflexes etc .

Always 1 or 2 people die in Titan before heart dies in DF groups . The rare 1 in 50 group that kill heart , get to Phase 5 and it turns to shit because people rarely get to that phase to learn it .

So yeah I expect Titan kill in about 1 in 500 attempts .
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ayame Kagane
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Please don't put "Titan will be nerfed soon" in your title if your saying just contains assumptions. So basically nothing but chitchat.
    (0)

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast