Player
    Character
    Renabi Rena
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90

Disciplines of War, a Personal Overview

Of my experiences with classes so far, since I've gotten the chance to fiddle with a character a friend of mine owns that currently has all of the DoW classes at 50, I can more accurately describe my impressions of each class.

Dragoons
    This class is highly mobile and can easily jump in and out of a fray with enemies. Their forte consists of very powerful strikes at the expense of some of the longest cooldowns in the game. For this reason, timing is everything, and making sure you're properly buffed before unloading on a boss is paramount.

Monks
    Of all the dps classes this is the most technical while also offering the highest "potential" dps. Of course, due to the stress of positioning and keeping up Greased Lightning, this class easily drops behind due to actions from bosses and special mobs. Positioning is paramount for this class, and even one mess up can weaken the next full rotation of Monk dps.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Renabi Rena
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Bard
    Easily the most user-friendly DoW dps class, the Bard consists of steady ranged damage. While it has the lowest potential, it is very easy to always meet this potential in any fight. This is partly due to their insanely high mobility since they can move and dps at the same time with no loss to output. They also have utility beyond simple dps since they can allow other classes to regenerate MP or TP, leading to more stable parties and more powerful dps. In most groups a good Bard is almost a necessity and can make almost any run go smoother just by being present.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Renabi Rena
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Conclusion
    While more skilled players can probably play a Monk and probably be #1 dps in their parties, it seems less alluring to players who find it too stressing or just can't optimize due to lag. Lancers seem like a great medium between both Monks and Bards, and makes the game VERY fun because almost everything you do makes you look like a badass. On the end of it you have Bards, which are highly desired for their songs and don't have to lose dps for moving. Each class has it's Pros and Cons and in the end, it's your choice what you play, don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Riela Marcellis
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    ...until you hit binding coil and realize that your dragoon and monk positional abilities cannot connect well because of boss ability or boss constantly turning to face taunt rotating tanks o.o;;
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Florence Leduc
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    @ixsiehn: and all of this because some player of the v1 have ask the return of the position in the melee combo, great no?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alenore Llohen
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by silentwindfr View Post
    @ixsiehn: and all of this because some player of the v1 have ask the return of the position in the melee combo, great no?
    Which is something a lot of people love, including myself.

As for "mnk/drg sucks in coil", go check the mnk thread, one posted parses where he's Between 200 and 250 dps on titan, turn 1, and turn 4, without LB.
    So much for the "i can't position".
    (0)