Player
    Character
    Nim Loki
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60

TP Conservation

During my many attempts tanking Titan HM, there were a couple times where I found myself running out of TP due to how long the fight is.

Using an ability at every chance you get as soon as your GCD is up will deplete your TP, however, once threat is well established, if you just hold off like .5-1 or 2 more seconds between abilities, you will regen TP more quickly than you're using it.

This should prevent you from ever running into a situation where you need to spam them as quickly as possible to re-establish threat but can't because of no TP.
    (0)

http://youtu.be/gGJPq1qmtrk - PLD Controller Tanking AK with no UI video

Player
    Character
    Delenia Forcentis
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    I run into this same problem when I'm doing Ifrit HM too.

I've managed to conserve some TP by throwing in some Shield Swipes when they are up. It has a potency of 210, and only costs 40 TP to use.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kaiser Sturmwind
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Once you've built up enmity, you can coast a little bit in the halfway point of the fight if you're running low on TP. That said, berserk cooldown phase is a nice way of getting TP back, and you can still use things like Mercy Stroke (and I think Brutal Swing, which will deal damage even if the stun component won't work on the boss) which does damage while you can't use your other abilities at no TP cost.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sapphidia Wulfhaven
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Shield swipe is good for this, as is Flash (i assume you ARE using flash from time to time anyway to apply the Blind Debuff if not for actual threat).

The way TP works, if you stick to JUST a flat Fast->Savage->Halone combo you can run for ages without running out, but it'll gradually tick down. However, if you start using Shield Lobs when the boss is at range to get threat, you'll really run dry faster. It's all about the Average TP per GCD, and when it's below about 50-60 you start gaining it. Shield Swipe and Flash thrown into your rotation help immensely as long as you arent behind on threat.
    (1)