Player
    Character
    Fujin Ono
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50

Possible changes for the better.

I'm level 50 War with relic +1 and most pieces darklight or equivalence. My question is this; If parry on warrior is to paladin and their shield blocking why is it that we are sub jobbed with monk instead of lancer?

Here is my point. Lance has skills that would increase our damage a much as pugilist would and at the same time would increase our defensive skills more so than monk. Most our other utility we pull out of gladiator tree anyways like convalescence and such while pug only gives us access to second wind which is useless compared to inner beast or etc. Mantra is pointless as for the fact when tanking War is getting popped most the time while other members shouldn't be no justifying the cool down timer or skill slot and 5% doesn't mean much to the 20% defense or 20% healing increase of other skills.

Feather foot is okay but again our main mitigation comes from self heal and parry and the 20% increase for crit is pointless as war doesn't have anything that triggers off critical hits as we used to like in 1.0.

So if we had access to lancer on the other hand right out of the gate we would get 40% increase to parry rate which is way better than feather foot plus other more useful skills than what are offered via pugilist.

NOT saying this will fix all the things with warrior to re-balance them out and make them more viable but I think this would be a good start.

SE please take mind of these ideas for changes:
    1. Change sub to gladiator and Lancer as for reasons stated above

2. Making defiance the same yet always passively have 15% healing buff and with each stack gain 20% to self healing from skills {This would give viable reason to use your stacks over holding onto them and give inner beast or bloodbath that much need boost without having to modify them individually}

3. Change Mercy Stroke to lower potency skill that adds debuff against boss for 20-30 seconds that either increases all damage incoming to target from all sources or for less powerful version it would just ignores your -25% damage debuff from defiance or increase your damage against target by 25-50%. If the target dies while the debuff is still active then triggers the self heal effect as it has now. {currently next to impossible to time to get killing strike in order to get the self heal to trigger}

4. Maybe think about adding an offhand equip item for warriors that doesn't add any stat other than similar to how paladins and shields work, so for us it would increase our parry rate and give us more strength to increase our enmity generation and parry amount. Could be like a wrist guard or a tiny little buckler. {If you look into the history of bucklers they were used to deflect and parry attacks as well as attacking enemies which would be exactly what the stats would reflect in game. More parry and more strength for attacks}

Anyways this is all just my opinion but I think these changes would be all steps in the right direction without re-overbalancing to a point the opposite effect were paladins are inferior to warriors. I think if these suggestions are followed we would end up with two different styles of tanks that are viable at the same times. Not interchangeable but viable in their own ways so not getting cookie cutter re-branded skills and tank kits.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jadus Salaheem
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocytus View Post
    -
    Lancer would make sense.

Invigorate 400TP
    Keen Flurry 40% Parry Rate
    Feint Slow +20%

Why not tweak classes allowed to use Life Surge -> and let Warrior access it?

Life Surge
    Lancer Lv.18
    Cast Time Instant
    Recast Time 90.0

Ensures critical damage for first non-magic action used while Life Surge is active. Damage dealt will be absorbed as HP, up to 10% of maximum HP.
    Duration: 10s

This would be a nice addition to Inner Beast - ensuring a critical (thus higher heal) then adding the damage as HP as well.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Fujin Ono
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Ya like I was saying I really am not sure where they were trying to go with some of the rework skills. Wraith stacks that decrease damage and increase health and crit but other than boosting our damage or self health occasionally crit doesn't trigger anything for us. The defensive skills we pull from our sub is 20% dodge not parry but dodge and a self heal that is only about 1/2 what we get for using inner beast. I mean really what is 600 hp to a boss that hits us for 2-3k per hit every couple of seconds? If we had the parry skill we could through that in there and it would already scale with our strength stat plus the slow would bring the bosses attacks on us slower increasing our survive-ability further.

So with lancer we would get so much more needed utility and they would only have to make minor tweaks to the other skills in the warriors kit.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hola Roxanne
    World
    Aegis
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    lancer is for berserker.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Atacocries Hawtsoz
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    He is getting at, having the job pull skills from lancer instead of pug. As of right now it requires 30 MRD/15 GLD, and pulls skills from pug. Not changing the job requirements at all but changing what skills we pull from, in this case we would still get GLD skills just LCN instead of PUG, so we would get keen flurry and a load of other stuff as well (listed above). Which should (in theory) increase our ability to survive.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Valado Vulado
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Probably because they're planning on converting lancer to have a secondary job that is a tank class. Currently Warrior is intended to be a damage and recovery tank, so from gladiator it gets the threat generation, and 20% more health from healing, from pugilist it gets an evasion boost, more health from healing, and either higher critical rate or a last-ditch self-heal. Although some of this could come from lancer too, it would probably be too much overlap when/if Knight gets added making neither class really stand out.
    (0)