Player
    Character
    Xilra Sis
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by SezaruRei View Post
    No specific strat for the dive bombs itself, just our own judgement and reaction. I've never been hit by a dive bomb that i can see coming. When i don't spot Twintania in time, or if i do spot her but just happen to react slow, then i get hit.
    So this is a no, then.

See, the problem here is you are "assuming" it is your reaction time causing you to get hit. You are probably 1) Spending the phase spinning in circles (And not doing damage/healing) to try to spot her and 2) Reacting to where she is and moving. We thought it could consistently be dodged with simple reaction time at first, too, but such was not the case (she goes left, and hits someone to the right, for example). Re-read my last post where I have said that we can GUARANTEE where she spawns and which direction she will be facing, and we can have people pre-emptively sprint and STILL get hit.
    (0)

End Game PvE Progression Company
    www.modifiedcompany.com

2. 09-24-2013 12:43 AM

Player
    Character
    Teloc Arioch
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 34
    Last night saw her above the hill. she targeted someone in the middle so I stopped. I was on the side of the room nowhere near the person targeted. I was only person hit.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mairu Moon
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Saw her last night on the hill as well, however, I was at turn 1 and got hit by her. Please explain.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Xilra Sis
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Teloc View Post
    Last night saw her above the hill. she targeted someone in the middle so I stopped. I was on the side of the room nowhere near the person targeted. I was only person hit.
    Yeah, I found a video on our VoDs of someone nearby being targetted and me turning and running the opposite direction from the way she was facing and she plowed right over them without hitting them but flung me into the wall when I wasn't even anywhere near the animation. Cool mechanics.
    (0)

End Game PvE Progression Company
    www.modifiedcompany.com

Player
    Character
    Teloc Arioch
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 34
    Less than 100 people will kill this only because that is how many raiders live close enough to the servers not to get gibbed do to server update lag.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bill War
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Teloc View Post
    Less than 100 people will kill this only because that is how many raiders live close enough to the servers not to get gibbed do to server update lag.
    That's not even the problem. This isn't the same thing as spell hit/spell animation; I also don't believe it's as simple as server position versus client position.

The difficulty curve of Coil is weak, Twintania wasn't well tested. The only reason any guilds are putting serious time into her at this point is for world first street cred.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sparda Amon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    That's not even the problem. This isn't the same thing as spell hit/spell animation; I also don't believe it's as simple as server position versus client position.

The difficulty curve of Coil is weak, Twintania wasn't well tested. The only reason any guilds are putting serious time into her at this point is for world first street cred.
    Sooner or later it will happen. There have to be a guild now whom are very close on having 8 core players in full ilvl 90 gear with relic +1. Personally, I will be happy to just have turn 5 on farm within the next 4-5 weeks .
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Xell Boat
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoAmon View Post
    Sooner or later it will happen. There have to be a guild now whom are very close on having 8 core players in full ilvl 90 gear with relic +1. Personally, I will be happy to just have turn 5 on farm within the next 4-5 weeks .
    No fc is close to having 8 players with full i90s. It doesn't matter how hardcore a guild is, they can't farm it. They get 6 pieces a week to split between the party + .5ish pieces per week per player from myth tokens. At best a fc has a solid 8 players with about half their set, and that is only if they split into 2-3 groups and then consolidated the most geared players into group 1. You can even check their gear at xivarmory.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pellegri Testament
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoAmon View Post
    Gear isn't what's holding people back if you've been reading any of the thread, it's the insta-gib divebombs that happen multiple times throughout the fight and are 95% guaranteed to take out a person each time. Gear will not let you survive these things. Not sure why you're looking forward to having coil on farm either within the next few weeks when that will be the only high end content for the next 5 months outside of extreme primals which no one knows what they will even drop yet(if it's worse than coil gear what will be the point).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Teloc Arioch
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 34
    The fight is very rng. Random wipes in phase 1 due to double fireballs on tank at the same time as death is also fun.
    (0)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast