Player
    Character
    Aoshi Shinomori
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50

Turn 4 DoTs

I saw that there is another post on this topic but there seem to be no answers in that post. I am wondering if it is intentional for the clockwork soldiers to take 0 damage from DoTs. They are supposed to be burned down by the mages and it is annoying that my dots do 0 damage and i can only ruin spam and get some fester damage in when my dots should also be wrecking them. I do great damage on all the other stuff in this turn and the tank runs parsers and says I am either top or second to the blm but I know I could do more if my dots actually worked on them. Am I doing something wrong?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kairi Sgheart
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    Did u try get the stoneskin on it off? It fast if 2 physical dd deal to it 3k damage or so. Once stone skin off it won't move ur hit u n I think that's when dots start to work. For me when I use smn it been fine so far. But I think the dots count to physical if it's doing 0 when stone skin up
    (0)

youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/babyger7

Player
    Character
    Y'ahte Tia
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    No ability lands it's special properties when it's eaten by Stoneskin, yeah.
    If a monk hits something that has Stoneskin his Form won't change either :/
    Your DoTs don't apply, Heavy Thrust's buff doesn't happens, Rain of Death's debuff doesn't procs
    Basically if you hit Stoneskin and don't break it nothing works.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aoshi Shinomori
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Yeah I do fine as well it just annoys me that the dots do 0 they should count as magic damage our melee are always busy killing the knights so the SS never gets broken
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kairi Sgheart
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    They just need spend a few second on soldier. Is not that long. I went as drg b4 n did 1 full thrust combo then jump to knight. With the other physical dd hit it b4 knight. It is fast n keep soldier frm doing any damage to party.
    (0)

youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/babyger7

Player
    Character
    Arcanis Bladewing
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    what? dots tick zero damage on soldiers? this I did not know, and I've been clearing turn four for quite a while now... now I feel dumb dotting up both soldiers when they spawn.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arcanis Bladewing
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    also OP, tell your tank that parsers are terrible for summoners, as in literally making us look bad. why?

parsers doesn't track shadowflare.
    parsers doesn't track dots extended by contagion (parser acts as if there are no dots on the target)
    parsers doesn't track MULTI DOTS OR BANE (this one is big on turn 4, as most of your damage comes from multi dots and bane)
    parsers doesn't track dots empowered by raging strikes (acts as if the dot doesn't have any power ups on them)
    parsers doesn't track dots that crit

don't believe me? try it. it takes literally 3-5 minutes to test these things on a target dummy.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Crescent Dusk
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Yeah, stoneskin making DoT's useless is another ridiculous oversight.

Where the hell are their playtesters. This why I hated when they went ahead and released the classes without beta testing.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'ahte Tia
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    By the way, when the enemy has a pre-existing DoT and it gains Stoneskin yeah, the DoTs will do 0 damage, HOWEVER
    That is because Stoneskin is absorbing their damage like it absorbs all damage, it is still dealing damage, to Stoneskin's additional HP pool
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lil Muffins
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 63
    Quote Originally Posted by glim View Post
    also OP, tell your tank that parsers are terrible for summoners, as in literally making us look bad. why?

parsers doesn't track shadowflare.
    parsers doesn't track dots extended by contagion (parser acts as if there are no dots on the target)
    parsers doesn't track MULTI DOTS OR BANE (this one is big on turn 4, as most of your damage comes from multi dots and bane)
    parsers doesn't track dots empowered by raging strikes (acts as if the dot doesn't have any power ups on them)
    parsers doesn't track dots that crit

don't believe me? try it. it takes literally 3-5 minutes to test these things on a target dummy.
    It doesn't? We had a SMN in our raid for about a week and everytime s/he got top DPS (it was about the same as everyone elses but the Garuda-Egi giving it about 40~50 more is what made the SMN top DPS), but the SMN's dps being on average to everyone else seemed pretty right to me.

I heard it was an issue early on but I thought they fixed that.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast