Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Trinka Trinka
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50

Please remove the ability to roll 'need' on Titan.

Once you down Titan, you get your relic weapon - with maybe some dungeons in between if you don't have philosophy stones saved up. The loot from Titan is worse than the relic weapons, and is clearly only suitable for alts; yet anyone can roll need on it and take it for no reason.

I was helping a tank who'd been trying for weeks to down Titan. I'm a DPS that doesn't die to avoidable damage on Titan, which is apparently very rare. I've done Titan a few times and was feeling charitable, plus I'd like the WHM cane eventually. I spent 3.5 hours in there because most of the group kept dying. On the run where we finally got it, I used BRD lvl 3 limit break to bring back about 4 people in the final phase, and tanked the boss when the PLD died and it was at ~2%, surviving quite a while thanks to featherfoot and Titan wasting time casting Weight of the Land.

So the fight ends, tank compliments the amazing healers (one of whom was revived by me), not so much as a thank you & then he rolls need on the shield and wins (obviously, as there were no other paladins). I'm sure it will be very useful for him during the minute long trip to turn in A Relic Reborn.

I have no intention of leveling a PLD any time soon, but this happens in half the groups I've been in - even when it's agreed to not roll need on anything. There's no reason for it, and it would benefit everyone if it were not possible.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Gaust Euler
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Hahaha, no.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.
    (24)

Character
    Em Six
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Please remove Need because I deserve something more than someone else.
    (19)

Player
    Character
    Hououin Kyouma
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    It doesn't matter the reason. If he can roll need, he doesn't have it, and can use it. Maybe he likes collecting gear? Maybe he likes how it looks? Doesn't matter...but HE can use it...you can't. I don't see the problem here. When you raise your PLD, you can run it and need it yourself. But there's no reason for him not to NEED something he can equip AT THAT MOMENT, just so someone can pack-rat it away and use it at some unknown future date.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Zahra Dubs
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Nichigo View Post
    It doesn't matter the reason. If he can roll need, he doesn't have it, and can use it. Maybe he likes collecting gear? Maybe he likes how it looks? Doesn't matter...but HE can use it...you can't. I don't see the problem here. When you raise your PLD, you can run it and need it yourself. But there's no reason for him not to NEED something he can equip AT THAT MOMENT, just so someone can pack-rat it away and use it at some unknown future date.
    You don't understand the OP, the PLD does not need that shield, and in fact, will never need or use that shield. As in literally 3 minutes after he leaves the duty finder he will turn in titan for a Holy Shield which is better than Wall of Crags.

The OP is correct, loot off titan is really only useful for alt classes. People rolling need on that loot are just greedy and that's it really, they have no other use for it.

However OP, doubt this will ever happen. The loot system is standardized for every DF-able feature and that's the way it will always be.

I suggest you don't use the DF for titan. it probably doesn't even belong on there.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Vali Bergthora
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I'm a Relic Paladin who rolled need on the sword, and when the shield dropped later because I was helping someone else with their Relic quest, I also rolled need on it.

I am allowed to roll need on tanking gear if what I just did is tank the encounter. It doesn't matter if I'm doing it because I want to own every piece of gear in the game, or if I'm doing it because I want to put it in my vanity slots later. It's my right.

Titan's weapons aren't statistically better than Garuda's, they're identical with a few deviations in stats, but nothing major-- deviations, not upgrades. Therefore, if someone really really wants all the weapons for their alt-classes, they could run Garuda all day every day until they do, and it would be much easier, and much less painful.

Until then, if a sword or shield drops and I want it, it doesn't matter if it's an upgrade or a downgrade, I'm allowed to roll on it because I'm the Paladin who's busting his rear tanking the encounter for you at absolutely no personal gain besides the off-chance I'll get vanity gear out of it.
    (24)
    Last edited by BlossomRose; 10-25-2013 at 06:06 AM.

Player
    Character
    Fei Fenris
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    And thats why they need to just remove the whole random drop and add "Primal Tomes" of some sort. So people can just down the primals and use their currency on the weapon of choice. It would really get rid of all the headache that RNG does to people and their rewards.
    (4)
    Are you an internet e-thug?

I laugh cause you fake. CX

Player
    Character
    Hououin Kyouma
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by zdub303 View Post
    You don't understand the OP, the PLD does not need that shield, and in fact, will never need or use that shield. As in literally 3 minutes after he leaves the duty finder he will turn in titan for a Holy Shield which is better than Wall of Crags.

The OP is correct, loot off titan is really only useful for alt classes. People rolling need on that loot are just greedy and that's it really, they have no other use for it.

However OP, doubt this will ever happen. The loot system is standardized for every DF-able feature and that's the way it will always be.

I suggest you don't use the DF for titan. it probably doesn't even belong on there.
    I got the OP's point perfectly. You missed the part where I said maybe he wants to collect it or get it simply cuz it looks nice. It doesn't matter the reason why he needed it...but he's the one that can equip it (even if he has something better) at that moment in time.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Vali Bergthora
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    It also bears mention that the Primals have the most visually unique weapons outside of Relics and Behemoth/Odin weapons.

So wanting to have them for vanity's sake later is perfectly understandable.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Djent Veilphery
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    What happens when you actually 'need' something? I'd be pissed if a BLM got a polearm that I need.
    (4)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast