Character
    Xilra Sis
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50

Binding Coil - Turn 5 - Divebomb Phase

Okay,

I'm going to ask the question that I feel like no-one has been willing to ask...

No B.S. here... i'm not looking for details, strategies, whatever. I'm just trying to see who is in the same boat as us. We have spent countless hours wiping to this encounter (which I am of the opinion is horribly designed). We can kill all of the adds during the air phase. We can make it safely into the next phase... but we STILL have unpredictable, random wipes due to dive bombs. We have tried every idea under the sun to try to eliminate random deaths/gibs/etc, but where she hits you from seems completely arbitrary and unpredictable. We can do it with some small amount of consistency (50%?), but the other 50% someone key dies and we may as well just hang up further progression.

Given the length of the encounter up to this point, this is soul crushing to get to this point only to have someone randomly die to some awkward angle or double hit or something equally stupid and unpredictable.

So again my question is this: has ANYONE figured out a strategy that, given solid execution produces consistent, repeatable, non-random results?
    (0)

End Game PvE Progression Company
    www.modifiedcompany.com

Player
    Character
    Eckoh Saotome
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    honestly i think the fight is gonna block most every guild for about another month to 6 weeks... simply because there is not enough gear int he game for the checks in that fight. Remember coil is a tier past where we are supposed to be, crystal tower will be easier and drop the gear to get you into coil according to yoshi.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pellegri Testament
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Crystal Tower gear will also only be ilvl 80 if it is a tier lower than coil. If there's not enough gear between coil drops and myth gear then the fight is in fact broken/poorly tuned when even being almost at the ilvl of the instance a group still cannot down the final boss. It would be one thing if coil didn't drop items to fill almost every slot for every class but outside of the few pieces it doesn't seem to drop(or that no one has linked yet) it has the gear to fill almost all of those slots and then you can supliment the rest with myth gear. If CT gear in those last few slots is needed to down this boss then there's something else wrong with the boss(or group skill) considering the jump from DL to CT will only be about the same as AK to DL(which isn't a make or break a fight difference if it's only a select few slots).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Xilra Sis
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckoh View Post
    honestly i think the fight is gonna block most every guild for about another month to 6 weeks... simply because there is not enough gear int he game for the checks in that fight. Remember coil is a tier past where we are supposed to be, crystal tower will be easier and drop the gear to get you into coil according to yoshi.
    Gear isn't even the issue. Nothing in the encounter is a hard gear check that we have seen thus far, only padding for easier progress.

The concern I have is that it is a brutally long, 5 phase encounter which decides to randomly kill off people halfway through. I'm just trying to find out if anyone has confirmed that there is a viable, working, consistent strategy for this phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Pellegri View Post
    Crystal Tower gear will also only be ilvl 80 if it is a tier lower than coil. If there's not enough gear between coil drops and myth gear then the fight is in fact broken/poorly tuned when even being almost at the ilvl of the instance a group still cannot down the final boss. It would be one thing if coil didn't drop items to fill almost every slot for every class but outside of the few pieces it doesn't seem to drop(or that no one has linked yet) it has the gear to fill almost all of those slots and then you can supliment the rest with myth gear. If CT gear in those last few slots is needed to down this boss then there's something else wrong with the boss(or group skill) considering the jump from DL to CT will only be about the same as AK to DL(which isn't a make or break a fight difference if it's only a select few slots).
    Again, gear isn't even the issue here ... its the boss randomly deciding to gib people and toss them into insta-kill walls in an unpredictable manner.

For those of you who havn't seen this phase of the encounter, imagine Landslide on Titan... with no definitive ability hitbox, less reaction time, and a very short period to determine alignment.... with similar or worse positional lag.
    (4)
    Last edited by Xilrasis; 09-23-2013 at 01:03 PM.

www.modifiedcompany.com

Player
    Character
    Zdenka Vaera
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilrasis View Post
    Gear isn't even the issue. Nothing in the encounter is a hard gear check that we have seen thus far, only padding for easier progress.
    THANK YOU.

I am sick and tired of people saying that "just a bit more gear and we'll have this fight".

That's not true, not true at all.

Hard encounters are hard for a reason, and that reason being a solid gear check is nearly never the case.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Byr Hail
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckoh View Post
    Remember coil is a tier past where we are supposed to be, crystal tower will be easier and drop the gear to get you into coil according to yoshi.
    this is possibly the stupidest decision from a mmo ive ever encountered.
    (6)

Character
    Em Six
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrr View Post
    this is possibly the stupidest decision from a mmo ive ever encountered.
    Not really.
    It's doable in DL/Relic +1s with a few i90s thrown in there. The way it's set up allows only the exceptional to complete coil. Afterwards, Crystal Tower comes out and it becomes easier for others to complete turns. It allows more people to access higher turns and they don't even have to alter the difficulty.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Xilra Sis
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by EmSix View Post
    Not really.
    It's doable in DL/Relic +1s with a few i90s thrown in there. The way it's set up allows only the exceptional to complete coil. Afterwards, Crystal Tower comes out and it becomes easier for others to complete turns. It allows more people to access higher turns and they don't even have to alter the difficulty.
    Its stupid because those that can complete it are going to be out of content for a very, very long time -- and coil will be completely trivial, with maybe the exception of turn 5, with a few weeks of ilvl 90 + crystal tower gear.
    (6)
    Last edited by Xilrasis; 09-23-2013 at 02:25 PM.

www.modifiedcompany.com

Player
    Character
    Captain Lalafist
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 82
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilrasis View Post
    Its stupid because those that can complete it are going to be out of content for a very, very long time
    All hundred of them? Boo hoo.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Rath Skybreaker
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 88
    Yeah, but extreme primals are coming out, that will likely put everyone's panties in a bunch .. lol, but if you're in full Allag it wont even matter probably, there is a group I heard that has gotten this boss to 10% but I don't know who, nor where the video is, some friends watched it on a stream.
    (0)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast