Character
    Xilra Sis
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdenka View Post
    THANK YOU.

I am sick and tired of people saying that "just a bit more gear and we'll have this fight".

That's not true, not true at all.

Hard encounters are hard for a reason, and that reason being a solid gear check is nearly never the case.
    Yup. Dark light is more than sufficient for every encounter in the zone, more gear just makes attempts more consistent. I'm asking this because I'm willing to bet that if phase 3 didn't randomly kill off raid members on 80%+ of attempts and waste 8 minutes of your time every pull that the encounter would have been killed already. I honestly don't believe that anyone has found a viable repeatable strategy. It is morale and soul crushing to throw yourself at a boss and get one clean attempt at phase 4 and beyond for every 30+ minutes of progress because of randomly unavoidable mechanics.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zdenka Vaera
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilrasis View Post
    Yup. Dark light is more than sufficient for every encounter in the zone, more gear just makes attempts more consistent. I'm asking this because I'm willing to bet that if phase 3 didn't randomly kill off raid members on 80%+ of attempts and waste 8 minutes of your time every pull that the encounter would have been killed already. I honestly don't believe that anyone has found a viable repeatable strategy. It is morale and soul crushing to throw yourself at a boss and get one clean attempt at phase 4 and beyond for every 30+ minutes of progress because of randomly unavoidable mechanics.
    Yeah the fight does eat up time.

I really like the encounter personally, as noted in your first post, you think its "horribly designed". Is this the first time you have done an encounter without a strategy this difficult? I think all of the mechanics of the fight have a reason (well except one) and test your raid in an entirely different way for each one not just in Turn 5 but the entire Labyrnth.

Just think of it like, SE is throwing 25 man encounter mechanics at 8 man content BUT they aren't so unforgiving that there is only one set strategy thus far. Examples: Caduceus split has 2 options to kill, and oh we kill ADS with 4x melee while everyone else does 4x ranged as far as I can tell.

Personally I give huge props to SE, I didn't think this level of encounter would ever be produced by JP developers honestly.
    (4)
    Last edited by Zdenka; 09-23-2013 at 03:14 PM.

Player
    Character
    Xilra Sis
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdenka View Post
    Yeah the fight does eat up time.

I really like the encounter personally, as noted in your first post, you think its "horribly designed". Edited the rest for size.
    Not sure how far you have gotten into the encounter, but my horribly designed comment is aimed at the dive-bomb phase. This coupled with the fact that it is a 15+ minute, 5 phase high execution encounter with a lot of obscure mechanics to learn one phase at a time while being at a huge gear deficit. I have participated in World first kills in multiple MMOs (WoW included) and world top 50 almost across the board for their lifespans and have never encountered an mechanic that essentially requires you to roll the dice to see if you get to do more progress or repeat phase 1 and 2 for the 100th or more time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rapha Goltanna
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Eternity Vault had similar RNG problems with bugs and such. But yeah, the divebomb phase seems really sketchy. I have seen people do the same thing three times and only survive once. It's too bad, because the encounter is fun up to that point.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Xilra Sis
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendBaka View Post
    Eternity Vault had similar RNG problems with bugs and such. But yeah, the divebomb phase seems really sketchy. I have seen people do the same thing three times and only survive once. It's too bad, because the encounter is fun up to that point.
    Exactly this. I can do the same thing 5 attempts in a row and die only on 1 or 2 of them. We can successfully minimize RNG, but there are 6 chances for it to go horribly wrong every time you pull the boss, with no apparent way to stop it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Seroz Hime
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Honestly as far as I can tell this fight is based on mashing your face against the wall until the RNG gods grant you passage.

I know at least my group and everyone I've seen/spoken too suffers from the "LOL I DID THE SAME THING THE LAST 30 ATTEMPTS AND SOMEHOW DIE" syndrome. Personally I'd rather wipe to M'uru then this shit, at least the 1% wipes felt like you were "making" progress.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sezaru Rei
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    The dive bombs aren't that bad. Not to the level that i'd call it soul crushing. =\ The only thing i might be even slightly annoyed about is the random directions, but as long as you spot twintania in time its easily avoidable.
    (2)
    Synapse - SEA/Oceanic - Tonberry
    http://synapse-guild.com/

Player
    Character
    Thala Ne
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I think we're slowly drifting away from the topic here, so I'd suggest we gather some information since everyone seems to be in the same position with that phase right now.
    I can't provide much though since we only got to that phase once so far and then someone had to leave, however it'd be interesting to hear what others found out. We have some ideas on how it MIGHT work but we need more testing to confirm any of our ideas. What we really hope so far is that you can somehow influence which path Twintania will take so that there are no unexpected deaths/paths but reading your first post somehow neglects that D:
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Xilra Sis
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by SezaruRei View Post
    The dive bombs aren't that bad. Not to the level that i'd call it soul crushing. =\ The only thing i might be even slightly annoyed about is the random directions, but as long as you spot twintania in time its easily avoidable.
    Have you actually developed and executed a strategy that allows for 100% consistency in this phase and allows you to appropriately handle adds or is this speculation?

Quote Originally Posted by thalane View Post
    What we really hope so far is that you can somehow influence which path Twintania will take so that there are no unexpected deaths/paths but reading your first post somehow neglects that D:
    You can. We can guarantee she spawns in a specific location. We can have players SPRINTING in 4 different directions at the time she targets a person and different people in different directions get hit.

She can literally fly right on top of you and not hit you, but fly 20 yards to the right, left, behind, or in front of you and still nail you into the wall. Sometimes walking INTO her path works, sometimes it gets you killed. We have probably 20 hours of video of the encounter and no two attempts turn out the same.
    (0)
    Last edited by Xilrasis; 09-24-2013 at 12:05 AM.

Player
    Character
    Sezaru Rei
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    No specific strat for the dive bombs itself, just our own judgement and reaction. I've never been hit by a dive bomb that i can see coming. When i don't spot Twintania in time, or if i do spot her but just happen to react slow, then i get hit.
    (0)
    Synapse - SEA/Oceanic - Tonberry
    http://synapse-guild.com/

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast