Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Player
    Character
    Vali Bergthora
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Sorry but in this case it's kind of true.

While Turn 1 and Turn 2 are execution checks, Turn 4 is a gear check. You need enough DPS to advance through the waves. While it's possible to make up for a lack of gear with exceptional skill and squeeze out more DPS than the average party, most groups won't be downing Turn 4 until they have a couple weeks of gearing in, and their Relics+1 on DPS. Turn 5, similarily, is a mix of a gear check (having the highest HP pools possible certainly helps survive the punishment) and unforgivingly perfect execution, along with, unfortunately, luck, in terms of not being screwed over by the RNG.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ono Lock
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by TirionCrey View Post
    Where has Archimonde been "a random boss"? Sure his abilities targeted random people, Fire trails, etc...but nothing nearly as RNG dependant as this. If people were able to hit their stupid feather on time and you got enough shamans with Earth Tremor Totem up so people don't get feared the whole fight was a joke(after all initital bugs were fixed)

But yeah, don't wanna derail this into a WoW topic...so nevermind.
    There really isn't too much randomness with Twintania different from any other boss. Sure fireball happens on a person and that person needs to react to a debuff(no different from any other game). Conflag the same way, divebomb however is completely avoidable and easily surviveable. You forget Coil was meant to be after CT, so you should be doing that fight with a mix of 80-90 gear meaning most people will have an average of 4.5k+ health; I have 4.6k fully buffed and it's no problem so far. Even if you are hit, you won't die.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Xilra Sis
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Onolock View Post
    There really isn't too much randomness with Twintania different from any other boss. Sure fireball happens on a person and that person needs to react to a debuff(no different from any other game). Conflag the same way, divebomb however is completely avoidable and easily surviveable. You forget Coil was meant to be after CT, so you should be doing that fight with a mix of 80-90 gear meaning most people will have an average of 4.5k+ health; I have 4.6k fully buffed and it's no problem so far. Even if you are hit, you won't die.
    Divebomb isn't even the worst problem in this encounter -- and it is a problem. The mechanic is clearly intended to be avoided (though you are right, it is survivable), but there isn't a consistent way to legitimately avoid it. This problem translates directly into the following phase, which is unfortunately much more deadly than divebomb.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Hyung Nim
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    hrum i guess everything was doable and not random after all!
    (4)

Character
    Palamecia Dalmasca
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilrasis View Post
    Yeah, I found a video on our VoDs of someone nearby being targetted and me turning and running the opposite direction from the way she was facing and she plowed right over them without hitting them but flung me into the wall when I wasn't even anywhere near the animation. Cool mechanics.
    this pretty much sums up a lot of the bullshit in the fight
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nemhy Viteri
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by ZellsBiggestFanboi View Post
    hrum i guess everything was doable and not random after all!
    be careful where you say that. You'll get the mob after you :P
    (0)

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10