(0)

Player
    Character
    Xiao Pouf
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 42
    I haven't gotten far enough in game to do the other fates mentioned, but personally I haven't had any issues whatsoever loading Svara (on and off peak hours). I did however see a post on reddit that mentioned a little bit of a 'fix' for this particular issue and it went something along the lines of:

Esc -> "Character Configuration"
    -> "Control Settings" -> "Character" -> "Effects while in motion" -> "Off"
    -> all "Battle Effect Settings" -> "Show None"
    -> "Display Name Settings" -> "Display Name Presets" -> "Hide"
    -> Disable Battle Text

source: http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen...th_fix_inside/

I haven't had this particular issue in game yet but it looks like this has helped a lot of people.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Edyth Angelheart
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Responses:
    1. It's a display issue; the framerate is still silky smooth, and there is no input lag. However, the player's ability to output information to the server is COMPLETELY dependent on the client's side rendering the models. If the model doesn't render, it cannot be targeted or acted upon AT ALL by players.

2. IT IS GAME-BREAKING. If the enemy cannot be damaged or seen by a MAJORITY of the players in a FATE, but they are ALL still vulnerable to being killed by that enemy, and they CANNOT receive EXP for healing/restorative actions, it renders the FATE UNPLAYABLE.

3. I have the following turned off in a futile effort to fix this issue on PS3: no animations while moving, no animations from anyone except me, no names displayed except monsters/NPCs, no aggro lines, no target lines. It doesn't help if the FATE is swamped by players.
    (6)

Player

The way I feel about this issue is more disappointment than it is frustration. It's bad enough having certain limitations on PS3 (it's going to take me a while to build an up-to-date PC), but being unable to even participate in a fate like Odin or Behemoth because they simply do not appear make it worse. There's nothing as bad as being left out of something like that.

I've been able to participate in Svara several times, but only when I could beat up the adds that would spawn. Otherwise, I'm just standing there, doing nothing.

I go to check out Odin for the first time, mildly excited, and on my way there, I came to the realization that I wouldn't be able to see him. Of course, when I arrived, I couldn't. The absolute most I could do was beat up a couple Gungirs. Odin would only pop up momentarily before going away again. It just sucks.

Also, turning down the settings—as low as they already are—doesn't solve anything. I've tried doing so in the past, but did not notice any results.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Eravel Highwind
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Don't forget the fact that dead enemy models appear to have a higher load priority than live ones, or so it seems to me at least.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Aro Mephista
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    I agree, something needs to be sorted. Unless I can start murdering other people's Egi/chickens/minions, they shouldn't be taking priority for loading. I've lost count of how many times I've stood in a fate, waiting for the mobs to load and seeing the progress bar zip towards the finish
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Master Matsume
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Got one of Odin's many Mantles today, no problem with the FATE on my server.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Luny Lulune
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 31
    FATEs are gamebreaking in themselves. Remove them completely.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Soveia Shadowsong
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Party members should have a higher priority than monsters, especially if you are a healer. If you can't see them, you can't heal them, even with AoE heals.
    (1)

Hello,

The development team is aware of the issue that occurs when a large amount of players congregate for the Odin and Behemoth FATEs that the server can becomes unstable and characters are not displayed properly.

The below two points are high on the priority list in order to address the issue:
    • Zone enhancements
      There are times that the server will crash when more than 1,000 players gather within a zone. In order to prevent this from happening, we'll be implementing zone enhancements.

• Display prioritization adjustments
      FFXIV: ARR has been designed with a system to display the appropriate number of characters while maintaining non-laggy conditions even when there are a large amount of players centralized in a location. However, even though this system is working, for these two FATE there is an issue where Odin and Behemoth are not being displayed. In order to resolve this issue, we'll be putting in a separate system specifically for these two FATE, and addressing it so the enemies are displayed properly even during times of congestion.

As mentioned, these two adjustments are high on the priority list so we can address this issue; however, it will take a little bit until everything is completed. We apologize for any inconveniences until then.

Also, we understand that this same issue is occurring for other FATEs as well, but we are prioritizing Odin and Behemoth as this issue occurs much more often in these FATEs. We'll be addressing other FATE that have a high degree of urgency afterwards using the same methods.

We'd like to address this as quickly as possible and once we have some more information to share we will be sure to let you know!
    (135)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast