Player
    Character
    David Cox
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50

Determination

Has anyone done any serious testing on the use of determination for Wars? Im curious about the stats effect on healing both by others and self.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Demi Fiend
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic4u View Post
    Has anyone done any serious testing on the use of determination for Wars? Im curious about the stats effect on healing both by others and self.
    http://valk.dancing-mad.com/?page_id=179

tl;dr version: DTR isn't as good as pure STR or MND. but thats because it affects both. It scales auto-attack damage and healing better than it does weapon skill damage. WAR heals with weapon skill damage.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ramsey Asterdahl
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 60
    DET does not affect healing received.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ashigaru Gladespliter
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
    DET does not affect healing received.
    If so its broke then, the description says it increases heals received. Something i have noticed though since i replaced some gear with det on it, i get stunned a lot more which i had never been stunned up to that point.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ramsey Asterdahl
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuvu View Post
    If so its broke then, the description says it increases heals received. Something i have noticed though since i replaced some gear with det on it, i get stunned a lot more which i had never been stunned up to that point.
    Actually the description reads "Affects the amount of damage dealt by both physical and magic attacks, as well as the amount of HP restored by healing spells. Auto-attack potency is also affected." While somewhat ambiguously worded (it could mean either given the wording) in this case it means spells you cast restore more. Logic dictates this without any testing as it is in line with the rest of the effects of determination, i.e. it basically makes everything you DO more potent. It does not affect anything you receive, either damage or healing.

Also there has been testing, it's also most likely more clearly worded in other languages. Hopefully the description in English is reworded in the future so as not to cause confusion.

Determination has no impact on your chance to avoid being stunned either.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ramsey; 09-23-2013 at 06:24 PM.

Player
    Character
    Big Larsen
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuvu View Post
    If so its broke then, the description says it increases heals received.
    No it isn't/doesn't. Determination increases healing output (for curative magic only, not stuff like Inner Beast). It's basically attack power and spell power bundled into one stat. I can't believe how many people misinterpret this when it's so logical.

Something i have noticed though since i replaced some gear with det on it, i get stunned a lot more which i had never been stunned up to that point.
    You're seeing ghosts.
    (0)