Character
    Rynhart Caz
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by _Archangel_ View Post
    Edit: hey look at that I posted a similar thing to the guy above me :P

What about a system where each quit sticks with you for 24 hours( or maybe even use a 72 hour model) before rolling off your account and for each quit you have on your account it gradually adds up to a higher and higher penalty.

Essentially the way it would work would be that this:
    1st quit - No penalty this one is a gimme
    2nd quit - 10 minute penalty
    3rd quit - 20 minute penalty
    4th quit - 40 minute penalty
    5th quit - 80 minute penalty
    (and so on).

Again the quits would roll off your account after they had been on your account for 24 hours. So, lets say I quit a dungeon at 6pm my time..than 6pm the next day it no longer counts against me. This would effectively punish those people who are just bouncing in and out of groups all day and at the same time it has some leeway for disconnects or situations where you simply have real life issues to attend to and have to log off.

Also keep in mind it shouldnt negatively impact a player who is essentially forced to quit due to other party members bailing..meaning that once a player bailed..the rest of the group would be able to quit without penalty.
    (0)
    Last edited by CaZx; 09-22-2013 at 04:13 PM.

Player
    Character
    Vod Macduff
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Yeah punish people for deciding what they want to do with their time, and with their subscription that they pay for.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kyterra Lianleaf
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeled View Post
    But back to the point, SE should change their stance -- instead of making people endure bad groups, or punish them for leaving, they should reward them for staying. How about, each try you tally against a boss gives you 5 more philosophy tokens? Or 3? That's not really exploitable, since it doesn't add in mythology. You wouldn't get x tokens for dying, you'd get the total for winning. Like if you die to demon wall twice, rather than the 20 tokens you get, you get 26 (20+3+3).

Dungeon finder should also give a reward for using it over just queuing with friends (you can probably expect a better run with friends, faster, smoother, so it evens out in the end).
    I really like where this idea is heading. Extra incentive to keep trying with groups that might be struggling. If was to combine it with a means of better discouraging those abusing the system, might go a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by DubstepNinja View Post
    I have done this on Titan a few times..

I apologized but said that they should attempt this content when they have gone through some gear upgrades. (Currently all AF with pre level 40 accessories)
    I would of still given the fight a couple of tries before leaving, for a couple of reasons. Some won't learn that their gear is lacking until they have tried a time or two, and sometimes people with lesser gear surprise you with being really skilled.
    (1)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5